Chapter 1

Debts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1

 

Opening the paper door, Seungcheol sighed when the sight of snow falling greeted him. Rubbing his clothed arms, he muttered. “No wonder it's really cold.”

“It has been falling for a while, Seungcheol-ssi.” A voice responded to his mutter, making Seungcheol turned and saw at the side of the inn’s small garden stood a young man with a streaking beautiful face.

“O-oh.” He replied, unsure, eyes looking at the other man wondering who he was and how did he know his name.

“I wasn't here when you came here last night. But my parents had told me about you this morning.” The man who seemed to catch his questioning look explained. “I'm the son of the inn owner, Jisoo. If there is something you may need, you can ask me. I will try to help.”

Smiling at him with understanding, Seungcheol nodded. “Thank you, Jisoo-ssi.” Still with his arms wrapped around himself as he put his cold feet into his shoes, the guest stepped down onto the ground. “Isn't it still too early for snow to fall?” He wondered while glancing up at the sky, some of the snow fluttered against the fog of his breath. “It has only been several sunrises after the harvest started.”

His musing had Jisoo looked up at the gray sky above them too. “Strange, isn't it? This snow is supposed to fall at least after another full moon.”

“I hope this won't bring any bad luck.”

Seungcheol's word haunted silence upon them. It was strongly believed that if something uncommon occurred, there could be nothing but bad luck or misery brought along with it. This early snow could mean something too.

Looking at Seungcheol who still held his face high against the sky, he noticed something lacked on the other's body. “Seungcheol-ssi, won't it be better if you you put on warmer and thicker clothes?” He said, noting on how the tip of Seungcheol's ears and nose had pinked, and his hands had been rubbing his arms.

Turning to Jisoo, Seungcheol grinned. “My bad. I didn't expect this snow when I started my journey full moons ago. I don't bring enough clothes to ward off this early cold.”

“Oh.. Is that so?” Jisoo frowned, looking worriedly at Seungcheol. “What are you going to do?”

“I guess I will make a trip to the nearby town and buy some when the sun rises high and the weather get a bit warmer.” Blowing breath to his palms, Seungcheol grinned sheepishly at Jisoo. “Haa… I will go back to my room now.”

“I can lend you my clothes.”

Seungcheol halted his step, looking back at Jisoo and found that some of the snow drops had decorated the top his brunette hair. Blinking in confusion, he asked. “You what?”

“If you don't mind, I can lend you my clothes.”

“You don't have to.”

“You can't bear the cold with that clothes of yours.” Moving from his spot, Jisoo turned to the opposite way of Seungcheol. “I will bring the clothes along with your breakfast. Just wait a little bit, my mother will finish cooking soon.”

Seungcheol only watched Jisoo walked away without a word to reply. But when he caught the faint smell of something delicious, he snorted and shook his head then going back into his room. He didn't hope for it but if Jisoo didn’t mind lending him clothes, who was Seungcheol to refuse the hospitality?

Jisoo did bring the clothes when he arrived with Seungcheol's breakfast several moments later. And Seungcheol who had packed some of his money into small purse told him that after breakfast he would go to the town.

After taking in the breakfast thankfully, Seungcheol got ready to go to the nearest town with his horse. The loose but thick fabric added a comforting weight and warmth to his layers of clothes. Seungcheol almost wanted to throw himself on Jisoo’s feet for his helpful aid.

“Be careful on your way.” Jisoo said to him when Seungcheol left for the town, a smile was genuinely staying on his face. And at that kindness, the guest replied with a thankful grin. “I'll give it back to you soon.”

 

-----

 

Watching, or to be exact listening to the morning news, Mingyu frowns when the weather forecaster announced that there will be drizzle falling all over Seoul throughout the morning until late in the afternoon and that the temperature might start dropping before noon. Taking his winter coat, Mingyu stares at the clothes with contemplation.

It is supposed to be enough to cover him from the cold, and with him working inside a kitchen all day, there shall be no need to drape another layer of coat. It will be just several minutes trip to his workplace and then he will be in the kitchen until evening followed by several minutes of trip back. He can deal with some cold, and if it gets too cold, there are hot packs which he can buy in nearby convenience stores.

The tall man reasons to himself while going through several possible routes of cold trouble. He finds himself more than ready to go through the day with one coat with heat tech. But, looking at the navy colored coat with tall collar, Mingyu knitted his eyebrows together.

Weird . He thinks to himself. He knows that one coat is already fine for him. But why is there this unrelenting feeling which tell him to 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter