CHAPTER III

(Un)-Planned Parenthood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sulbi's POV

It has been a week since I have finally settled into my new humble abode, and I'd be completely lying if I said I didn't miss living with my girls. It was lonely at Taehyung's since he was always at work - and when he did come home, he'd go straight to bed. It's not like I wanted to see him, but it would be nice to have some company at least. I'm officially a month into my pregnancy and the doctor has told me that my hormones are going to start acting up; and he was not lying. I've been cranky, and lonely, and utterly bored. All I do is get up from bed in the morning to already find Taehyung's dirty dishes in the sink from the early morn because he eats before leaving to work. I know I wasn't his housemaid, but because of how bored I am, I'll wash his dishes and put them away before flopping onto the couch and flipping through the channels on the big flat screen screwed onto the white wall all day - of course along with going through Tae's cabinets and stealing all of his snacks that seem to never run out. Although I refused to quit my job working in the lab, the doctor had agreed with Taehyung and told me that dealing with chemicals while being pregnant is extremely dangerous and told me to quit. Of course hearing it from the doctor made it more serious to me so I did, and I'm highly regretting it now. 

It's Thursday morning, and I turn my head towards the clock that reads 5:35am. I pull the blankets off my body and grabbed onto my cardigan hung on the wall. Taehyung had given me my own room and had it designed to his liking because the design apparently had to go with the theme to his house; which is still unknown to me. It was basic, but still elegant in a way, and my pearly silk blankets gave it some character. It's still weird knowing that I'm sleeping under the same roof as Kim Taehyung, wrapped in silk blankets that probably cost a fortune, but my opinion doesn't really matter because Taehyung is so persistant in keeping me here. 

I slowly opened the door and walked down the hall to see that the kitchen light was on. He must be up already and getting ready for work. I silently made my way to the kitchen to find Taehyung standing in the middle of it while he looked down at his phone - probably reading all the emails he received last night while he was sleeping from the overseas companies. "Good morning." I croaked out as I slid into the stool and placed my hands on the marble counter. Taehyung's head shot up and his eyes were torn from the phone in his hands to my figure. His hair was still a bit messy and he was wearing an oversized hoodie with a pair of grey baggy sweats. He looked surprised to see me before looking back down at his phone, "Morning." he mumbled. 

We were quiet for a while until he finally pushed the off button on his phone with a huge tired sigh and slid it into his pocket. "You hungry?" he asked as he moved to the cabinets and took out two bowls. "Not really." I replied as I leaned my cheek on my fist. Without turning to me, Taehyung placed a bowl back in the cabinet and poured himself some milk and cereal. I couldn't help but chuckle as I watched a huge business man stand in front of me with a hoodie and sweats on and a bowl of Lucky Charms in his hands. It actually made him look normal for once. 

"You're up early?" Taehyung spoke up. 

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, "I know, I guess I couldn't sleep."

I turned my head to the steel refridgerator and a certain picture caught my eye. I snickered - getting Taehyung's attention he followed my gaze before cracking a smile himself. "That day was a nutshell."

"I remember Jimin getting in an argument with a girl he was trying to hook up with because she rejected him for his height." I snorted out. Taehyung scoffed and shook his head as he fed himself another spoonful of cereal. I remember the day we took that picture. We were standing in front of the beach - me and my girls and Taehyung with Jungkook and Jimin. We had planned a trip to the beach that was surprisingly successful and before we left we made sure to take a picture for memories sake. I was in the middle of Jungkook and Taehyung, and they both had their arms around me. Although the man taking the picture had told us to all look forward, for some reason we were all looking different ways trying to hide our laughter because of how drunk we were. Taehyung and I were looking at each other, laughing our asses off because the waves behind us had just crashed into us as the picture was being taken. Ella and Janine had a screaming laughing face on while Jimin had a shocked face because the wave was big enough to go over his head while Jungkook was dying of laughter looking at his friend get drenched.

I remember that day being fun, and weirdly to say, I don't recall Taehyung and I fighting not once. It's like that place took all the negativity from all of us and stored it away while we had the time of our lives. As friends. 

"Yeah, and I remember I had to piggyback you to the hotel because you were so drunk." Taehyung retorted. 

"No one asked you to." I chuckled out.

"Well, no one else volunteered so.."

I smiled at the way he grumbled - he was always a child. 

"Do you have any plans today?" he asked as he finally placed his bowl down in the sink. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "If watching television is considered plans, then yes, I do."

"Do you want to go to a party with me?"

I stiffened at the offer and tilted my head. He looked around the room and furrowed his eyebrows and he closed his eyes and shook his head, "More like accompany. I have a business dinner I have to attend and it would be awkward to go alone while everyone else takes a partner."

"A-Are you sure? Aren't you scared of the media suspecting anything?"

"The media isn't allowed into the dinners. What ever is discussed in that building stays in between the conversators, and lord knows if the media was allowed in there all of our secrets would be bled out. They'll take our pictures as we arrive yes, but other than that there won't be any questions. A lot of young business men bring any flimsy girl as a plus one just to not attend alone, I doubt they'll question anyone."

My mouth opened slightly at the name "flimsy girl" and I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt. Taehyung caught on to my silence and sighed, ", sorry. I didn't mean you - . Look, it was just - I'm sorry." 

"I'll think about it." I silently said as I slid off the stool. Taehyung silently nodded and pursed his lips together. "I'll be home by seven."

"Drive safely." I told him as I walked back to my room.

 

 

Although I was debating on giving in to the offer of the plus one to the big dinner, I knew that once Taehyung got home and got his things and left, I would be bored again. I mean, going wasn't going to hurt anyone, right? And he did say that no one was going to suspect or ask any questions, so it would be kind of stupid to refuse the offer. It was now 4:30pm, and I was going through my closet looking for something to wear. What do people wear for these types of events? I know I'm going to be surrounded by a bunch of millionaires and prada, so even if I do find something fancy in my closet, it's still going to look bland in the middle of all the expensive women. I sighed and flopped on the floor that was covered in a blanket of clothing and hangers. 

I had one fancy dress, and although I felt like it wasn't going to be enough, I decided to just go with it. It was a red silk mermaid dress that had a slightly long tail. It was plain, but the diamonds that started off from my ankles to the tail gave it some detail. I had bought this dress for Janine's sister's wedding, and had stored it in my closet since. I never went to fancy gatherings, so there was no point in using it. I applied some light make up and red lipstick to make it look like I at least tried and curled my hair and brushed it to one side. 

When I was finally done, Taehyung was walking in through the door while I was still in my room finishing up any details I had missed. I knew he had arrived because I heard him clear his throat right outside my door. I sighed and gave myself one last glance in the mirror before opening the door to the bedroom. Taehyung stood there with a shocked look on his face and I watched his adams apple bob as he swallowed. 

"What?" I asked as I looked down and scanned myself wondering if I looked bad in my choice of outfit.

"You look... you look ummm.."

"What? Is it not enough? I feel like I'm going to stand out because it doesn't look expensive enough." I let out an embarrassed chuckled and scratched my temple.

"No!" Taehyung blurted out, "You look good."

I raised my eyebrow and and looked at him suspiciously, "Thanks.." I said awkwardly. 

Taehyung closed his eyes and shook his head, "Anyway," he started, "I got you something to complete the look." He reached inside the pocket of his blazer and took out a black velvet box and opened it - revealing to me a gorgeous golden chained necklace that was wrapped in beautiful diamonds. I read the name on the box and my eyes grew wide, "Tae," I gulped, "you can't expect me to accept this." The place where he had gotten it from was a highly expensive jewelry store in Seoul, and I believe the cheapest item there is 5 thousand dollars. This necklace looks like it was way more than 5 grand. Taehyung snickered and shrugged his shoulders, "I actually do expect you to accept it, it was final sale."

I scoffed at the joking tone in his voice, "What if I had decided not to go?"

"Well then I guess I'd be in a pretty awkward situation, don't you think? Now come on, turn around."

I bit my bottom lip and and walked over to the standing mirror in the room and watched Taehyung set the velvet box on my bed and took the necklace out with much care. I picked my hair up and let him wrap the necklace around my neck and clip it shut. It fell heavily around my neck and I felt my heart ache from just the thought of price these piece was. 

"See, it goes with the dress." He chirped out.

I looked up at him through the mirror, "Why are you suddenly being so nice to me?" I blurted out. I had no problem with being blunt. I was completely curious as to why he was being so suddenly kind to me and buying me expensive jewelry for just one night. It didn't seem like Taehyung at all. The Taehyung I know wouldn't have even invited me in the first place. "Do you really want me to go with you, or did you just invite me because you didn't want to go alone?"

Taehyung's face was blank as he backed up and sat down at the edge of my bed. He puckered his lower lip and shrugged, "Should I not be kind to you?"

"I don't know, it just seems suspicious."

"Look Sulbi, it still baffles me knowing that I'm going to be a father, let alone you being the mother of that child - no offense - and I just felt like if we're going to be living under the same roof, we should might as well start to be kind to each other. I understand you have anger towards me, and , sometimes just looking at you gets me annoyed, but once this baby comes we have to put all of that aside and do what's best for the kid."

I stood there shocked at his words, "Wow, you're actually thinking this through, huh?"

"I'm a business man, I have to think things through before doing some thing."

"Well I'm glad we're on the same page now." I said in a soft tone as I looked down at my fiddling fingers. Taehyung huffed out a chuckle and stood up, "Ready?"

"Ready."

 

 

Ok, this really wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting flashing lights and a red carpet and maybe some freaking doves for every person that exited their cars, but this - this was completely different. There were no doves or a red carpet. Just a bunch of old people chattering with one another, and we weren't even in the building yet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter