/ Because...

Look at me, Jihoon

"I suppose you're going to come back again. Hmm, tomorrow or maybe later?" Seungcheol mockingly said. Well, he's not wrong. Jihoon doesn't know when and where those fools will attack him.

"Yeah, thanks for everything bro." he scratched the back of his head as he walked away from the gate until Seungcheol called him again, "What? Miss me?"

"Duh. Lee Jihoon, take care of yourself." Seungcheol lowered his gaze as he put his hands on his pockets,"Please." and he turned his back and walked in his house.

Jihoon didn't get the chance to thank him, but well he's going to go back there anyway. It's the place he always calls home. After what happened.

His house is just around the corner. It's a walking distance from the university and from Seungcheol's house as well. Actually, from this view, the gate of their house is already visible.

Jihoon walked faster than he normally does, and as soon as he reached their gate, he started breathing heavily. He also fixed his hair in a way to hide his bruises, and faked a smile.

As he went in, "Mom! I'm home!" he yelled and tried his best to make his smile genuine. But he failed.

"Oh? You're late." Jihoon immediately turned to his mother as she replied. He could notice how both of her eyebrows are forming high arcs, obviously not amused, "And what's that on your forehead?"

.

Of course, he failed hiding it.

"I-It's nothing. . . I bumped onto a door earlier." Jihoon laughed softly, but nervously.

"You stopped by Seungcheol's again, didn't you?" His mother asked sternly as she crossed her arms. Jihoon didn't have a choice but nod. She'd probably find out sooner, "Brat." is the only thing she said after gritting her teeth in front of her son, and walking towards the kitchen.

Jihoon sighed as she turned her back on him.

There's no such thing as perfect family, or parents, or mother.

And Jihoon's mother is an example.

"I still love you mom." He whispered to her, even though she will never hear it or even accept his love.

"And Jihoon, please get me these." His mother suddenly said and handed him a piece of paper with a list of groceries, "As soon as possible." And dropped enough money on the table.

"If you say so."Jihoon answered with a smile. His mother looked halfway, saying nothing and just rolling her eyes before continuing what she was doing.

###

"These are a lot. I wonder what she's going to cook." He said to himself as he observed the contents of the plastic bags he's holding with his two hands.

"Look who's here!!"

Jihoon immediately curled his fist, holding tight onto the bags, as he recognized the voice. That voice.

"I told you to stay there, didn't I?" Soonyoung raised his brow, unnoticeable by the not-looking Jihoon.

"Young master, let's go home already." One of Soonyoung's bodyguard said, "Master will be waiting for you. You don't like being scolded, right?"

Soonyoung glared at the smaller guy before him before scoffing, "Tch. Mark this as your lucky day, Lee."

But as soon as Soonyoung started to walk away, it was Jihoon who wanted danger near him and called him.

"What is it?"

"Why? Why are you doing this like. . ." Jihoon slowly trailed off as he looked down, "Just why?"

"Why? Ha. . ." Soonyoung laughed a little before continuing, "You're making me feel ing small. Why don't you look at me?!"

"That's w-why?" Jihoon simply smirked before chuckling lowly, "Petty."

"W-what?!" Soonyoung was surprised by how he acted. Normally, Jihoon would just shut up maybe because of fear?

"Your eyes aren't worthy laying of. I don't like staring at trashes. That's why. That is the reason."

Soonyoung couldn't even move from his position. Especially because his body guard is here, and everyone is watching. But. . . Jihoon is just something.

That is not the reason. He kept on convincing himself to remove the frustration from being insulted big time.

But he's just sure and he doesn't know why. Sure that, that wasn't the reason. And he's find out what it is.