/ Why?

Look at me, Jihoon

Stand up, Jihoonie. He thought to himself.

But instead of standing up, he stayed still, kneeling. He could feel the pain all over his body starting to attack him but he stayed still.

"What's gotten into you, Jihoon huh?" Soonyoung grabbed his hair, pulling his head back, forcing him to look into his eyes, "Look at me." he commanded.

He didn't obey and closed his eyes. Why?

"Damn it!" Soonyoung forcefully released his head, "Feisty. I hate you."

Jihoon could feel everything now. The pain from his punch that he was supposed to feel earlier, the rocky ground that tore his skin on his knees apart, and his bleeding lips.

He composed himself and lowered his head, locking his gaze onto the ground. He wouldn't like doing anything that would endanger his scholarship.

"Were you expecting me to obey you?" Jihoon spat blood as he smirked, he looked up but not meeting his full of hatred glare, ". . .well you're funny."

Without a thought, Soonyoung gave him another punch which made the left side of his lip bleed. He also fell onto the hard ground, and fortunately. . . he still has complete set of teeth.

"Stay here until we come back. Unless you want me to make your life hell-er than it already is." he and his friends left the hidden area without saying another word. Jihoon only noticed that his own hands were curling up into a fist.

He stood up and removed the dust on his pants and bag. He looked at a window's glass, realizing that his bruises and wounds are too noticeable to hide with just his hair.

"Now I have to go to his place again." Jihoon frustratedly muttered to himself.

Jihoon started walking away and went to his place.

He didn't like stressing his mother, of course after his father died, he would never want to break the only support his mother is leaning on. Him.

That's why even though he didn't want to, he's forcing himself to care for himself. If possible, he would just throw away his self. But not until his mother needs him.

He cares for his education, for his health. . . everything about himself. Just to make his mother happy. He'd do anything for his mother.

When he realized that he's already in front of his door, he breathed heavily before knocking.

It took him a minute before coming out, welcoming Jihoon.

"Jihoon! What happened to you!?" The guy in front of him asked him, obviously concerned, "You have a lot of bruises and. . . wounds. . . and blood! What the hell happened?! Is this Soonyoung's doing again?!"

"Seungcheol, do you mind letting me in before I answer your questions?" Jihoon, full of sarcasm, and impatiently asked.

"Right! Sorry, come in!" Jihoon immediately came in. He heard Seungcheol closed the gate behind them, "What happened to you?"

"Do you mind asking me for a drink first?" Jihoon jokingly asked as he sat on the couch.

"Yes. Answer me or no drink for you!"

He didn't have a choice but just answer, "Yup. Please it's just the same as the other days. You know the drill."

"Why won't you just tell this to the higher-ups?!" Seungcheol has been suggesting this for a while now, and Jihoon gave this a thought already but nope. Soonyoung's family is rich and powerful, they'd do anything to remove the trash that blocks their path.

Jihoon is one of those trashes.

"Nah, just give me some rubbing alcohol and bandaids." Seungcheol raised a brow, knowing that there's more, "And a beanie and a mask."

"Seriously. . . you have to step up for yourself too. It's not like I'm always here for you. Granting your wishes."

Seungcheol looked back at his friend as he gathered the supplies he needed but he didn't notice.

"Sorry, okay? Just help me until college is finished. Soonyoung and his friends will probably stay away from me by then." Jihoon said as he rubbed some alcohol to his open wounds. Seungcheol noticed how Jihoon bit his lip as he restrained himself from groaning and letting the pain out.

"And what if they don't?"

"They will."

"What if they freaking don't?!"

"They will." Jihoon emotionlessly stated.

"Jihoon. . . why are you doing this to yourself? Why don't you just stay away from Soonyoung? Why?"

But Jihoon, himself, also didn't know why.