One Shot #2: Cold Nights Without You

Unicorns & Rainbows

--

 

ONE SHOT #2
Cold Nights Without You

 

It was another cold night in the city of Manhattan, New York and Jennie could freeze to death. 23rd of December has come and it's also the 5th day of Jennie and her Mom's stay to the said country for holiday vacation. Blackpink-- YG artists rather-- were given a two-week off for the holidays. They worked so hard, exactly what the CEO said and they deserve some off. The oldest in the group, Jisoo, decided to take her family in Okinawa, Japan. Meanwhile Chaeyoung and her sister Alice-- who actually fetched her-- flied to Melbourne, Australia from South Korea to spend their holiday in there with their family, too.

 

And of course, the maknae of the group and Jennie's beloved girlfriend, went to Switzerland-- for the first time-- with her parents. They were about to visit and stay on her stepdad's home and Lisa was really excited because she will finally be able to see their house in that country.

 

But tears didn't escape when they all parted ways. Jisoo was the first to go and Chaeyoung cried the most-- the girl has a secret crush with their unnie. Jisoo could only laugh for the appearance of crybaby Chaeng. She was really precious. Two days after Jisoo and her family's flight, when papers are done, Chaeyoung and her sister were the next to go. And as expected, she cried a bit.

 

"It's just two weeks for pete's sake, Chaeng-ah." Jennie chuckled, saying that. She wasn't really affected with the two girls' flight because it will be only TWO weeks.

 

Not until it was time for Lisa and her parents' flight. She realized she won't be able to see her girlfriend in the next two weeks, she won't be able to spend the holidays with her-- because she was used to-- and she won't be able to get warm hugs from her fluffy girlfriend now that Winter already came.

 

That's why Jennie cried. She buried her face on the crook of Lisa's neck, with her parents watching. No, actually, Jennie forgot Lisa's mom and dad were also there. She only saw Lisa and the thoughts of her unable to see and touch the girl were the only surroundings.

 

"I will be back, okay? And as you said yesterday, it will be only two weeks! We will see each other again after that." Lisa tried cheering up her crying girlfriend. Also, they will be late for the flight.

 

"Ani.." Jen mumbled a few things Lisa couldn't understand because she was already sobbing, too. (Trans: No)

 

"Babe, hey, look up," Lisa took Jennie's chin and made her look up to her, seeing the girl's red and puffy eyes. It was one of those days when Jennie's 5-year-old kid spirit appears. She looked cute, tho. Lisa thought. "I will be back even before you know it! You're going to New York, too, right? Just enjoy this vacation with your Mom because we rarely get this, we rarely get to bond with our families, especially me."

 

Jen nodded and pulled her for a hug. "Just one second, babe." Jen whispered.

 

"Okay.." Lisa grinned secretly, oh, you don't know it but she loves it when Jennie starts being clingy towards her.

 

After ten seconds-- contrast to what Jennie said-- they pulled away. "I-I will miss you."

 

"Aigoo, isn't that dramatic, love? It's not like I'm leaving our group!" Lisa joked but Jennie remained pouting. "Kidding, yes I will miss you, too. Please take care. It's winter so don't catch cold and flu. Don't forget to enjoy the off and don't think about us that much. I will call you when I get the chance--"

 

"What?! Shouldn't you call me from time to time?"

 

"Okay, I will text and call you from time to time. Fine with that?"

 

"Fine.."

 

"Now, we really have to go." Jennie's shoulders fell again.

 

"Don't be like that. It's so hard leaving you with that look. I'm sad, too but this isn't permanent. Look at the brighter side."

 

"That's lame." she chuckled.

 

Lisa smiled. "I know."

 

"You can go."

 

"Hmm. See you in two weeks, babe?" Lisa raised her pinky finger.

 

"See you in two weeks." and Jennie connected it with hers. "Kiss." she demanded.

 

"We're in public." they were outside Incheon airport, but on the area where only a few people come. Lisa and her parents were about to go off in front of the airport where medias and fansites were all waiting but then, they were with Jennie.

 

"Cheeks?"

 

Lisa laughed, she was controlling herself from pinching her girl's cheeks because she knew she hated it. She stepped forward, claimed her chin, and left a peck on her red fluffy cheek.

 

They forgot Lisa's parents were there until they heard them say 'Aww'. "Mommy! Dad!" Lisa whined.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry." Jen bowed out of shame. "I'm sorry." she apologized in English.

 

Lisa's Mom nodded with a sweet smile and Lisa's Dad chuckled. "You two are cute." he said.

 

"Hmm, thank you Daddy." Lisa walked towards her Dad and kissed him on his cheek, too.

 

That was a very lovely scene for Jennie. Suddenly, the thought of Lisa leaving suddenly disappeared.

 

"It's already 12, Lice." Lisa's mom said in Thai.

 

"Ah, yes, we have to go now for real, babe. I will call you once we land, okay? Hmm?" Lisa assured.

 

Jen retorted slow nods.

 

It's time to part ways.

 

-

 

Remembering the last time she saw and hugged Lisa made Jennie a bit emotional. Just like what Lisa promised, she texted her once they landed on Switzerland-- also with a selfie attached. Two days after Lisa's flight was Jennie and her Mom's. The two of them went to New York.

 

Jennie also texted and sent a photo to Lisa once they reached their destination, but she didn't reply.

 

It's been 5 days.

 

5 days since they last exchanged small messages and she already felt weak. But like what also Lisa said, she looked on the brighter view.

 

She's spending time with her parents whom she wasn't able to bond with since she was fourteen and lived alone.

 

Jennie kept saying to herself. She was right, though. Lisa barely bonds with her parents and she knew the most how much she missed them, their home in Thailand, their scents, their touch, their hugs and kisses, their presence. Jennie remembered Lisa saying she already achieved her dreams when Blackpink debuted and the achievements were just expanding by bringing smiles to their lovely fans through music.

 

"If we ever don't release a full album anymore, new songs anymore.. even if we disband already.. I think I can say I finally achieved my dreams of becoming an idol. But I still don't want that to happen too soon because I still want to bring joy for our Blinks. And also.. I still want them to witness a lot of things from us. From the two of us, especially.. I want them to see how much I love you and admire you."

 

Jen let out a relief sigh with a small smile when she remembered her say those words, crystal clear inside her head.

 

No matter how cheesy Lisa can be, she will still love it. No, she really loves it. And she missed it now.

 

Jen stood up and picked a random pen on the study table of her room. She was thankful they had a simple house in Manhattan her Mom bought and that they didn't have to stay in a hotel because she felt more comfortable with a house to call home. If given a chance, she would bring Lisa here.

 

Plopping herself back to the bed with a pink pad and pen on her hands, Jennie started writing her random thoughts she could remember she all had during her stay.

 

#1

 

My first night in Manhattan felt a bit empty without you.

 

#2

 

I wish you were here with me and we'll eat pancakes in Central Park.

 

#3

 

Eating in Serendipity is a nice idea, but it will be great if I eat with you.

 

I love eating together with my Mom, okay.

 

#4

 

I hope I can build a snowman with you because I know how much you love that.

 

#5


One more week and we will see each other. Just another week of cold nights without you and it will finally come to an end.

Yes, just one more week. Jennie couldn't help but feel excited. A week more and she will feel Lisa's warmth again, no more cold nights.

--

thoughts about this one shot?
I actually liked this one lmao

your feedbacks would be really
appreciated :))

you can request on my twt
@/endlesslalisa but don't expect
too much eheh 🙈

ps. a bit unpolished so typos
and grammatical erors
might be around.