Chapter 7

Roses And Passports [Changlix]

"Are you sure this is the place?" Chan asked, looking at the tall office building in front of him.

"Yeah, look: there's the Samsung store I've told you about." Felix assured him, pointing towards the store next to the building.

"That's a pretty expensive apartment..." Minho informed them.

"Now what?" Felix questioned, not knowing what was Minho's plan.

"We'll wait and see if he's going to leave any time soon." 

"What if he never leaves?" Felix continued.

"Then we'll have to call him."

"What if he doesn't answer?" the blonde insisted, already getting on Minho's nerves.

"We'll knock at his door."

"But what if-"

"Hey, isn't that him?" Chan interrupted them.

"No, but that's his roommate!" Felix added before leaving the car in a hurry.

He walked up to the tall male who was texting someone while holding a small puppy in a leash.

"Hi!" Felix waved. "Hyunjin, right?"

The guy looked up from his phone puzzled before smiling at the blonde.

"Felix? What's up? Where have you been?" Hyunjin asked in a bored tone.

"I stayed at a friend's house..." 

"Do you wanna come in?" Hyunjin offered.

"Is... is Changbin at home?" Felix asked, his mood suddenly changing.

"Nope; he left early in the morning. Actually, I'm not even sure if he came home last night..."

"Is he alright?"

"I think so; he told me to buy some stuff by the time he gets home. He should be back soon, though. You could stay inside 'till he returns."

"No, thanks... I only came back for my stuff. I'm flying back to Australia today and I was wondering if you could open the door for me."

"Fine; let's go!"

They both took the elevator back to the top floor where Hyunjin unlocked the door for Felix. The blonde quickly scrambled back into Changbin's room and placed some stuff back in his backpack before grabbing it and the suitcase and leaving without saying another word.

He left the building and walked towards Chan's car, opening the trunk and throwing his stuff inside while his friend also got out of the vehicle.

"Are you sure you want to leave so soon?" Chan asked Felix, sliding his hands in his pockets. "You could still stay for a few more days; I don't mind..." he continued in a very upset tone.

Felix slammed the car trunk shut and sighed, rethinking his decision.

"I really feel like I'm bothering you... I'd rather be at home. I really need my family now, but I'll be back soon!" he promised, trying to cheer his friend up.

"Alright..." Chan sighed.

"Let's get going then, shall we?" Minho suggested, sitting on the passenger's seat.

Chan got into the driver's seat and started the engine while Felix sat in the backseat. The radio , playing a slow, gloomy ballad which caused Felix to become nostalgic as he looked out the window. Chan tried changing the channel several times, but the only songs that were playing were sad ones, so eventually he gave up and turned it off.

The drive was now perfectly silent; not uncomfortable, just silent and nostalgic. Felix didn't want to leave, but even though his friends were amazing, they still didn't compare with his mother's care, which he desperately needed at that moment. The weather was cold, the sky cloudy and the roads were unusually busy. The traffic only worsened their mood, especially Felix's.

Minho realized how down both Chan and Felix were, so he wondered what he could do to cheer them up. He felt like it was his duty to lighten up the mood. He noticed Chan's hand resting on the gear stick, so be decided to place his own hand on top of Chan's. Chan freaked out almost immediately.

"W-What are you d-doing?" he shuttered.

The hustle caught Felix's attention, making him look at Chan. He soon realized what was going on. He smiled and bit his lip, trying not to laugh like at idiot.

Minho totally ignored Chan's question. He was looking out the window and pretending that nothing was out if the ordinary.

"Minho?..." Chan called out, only to be ignored. "Um, Minho, could you... like... let go?..." he mumbled quietly.

"Jesus, did you really have to ruin the moment?!" Minho complained, crossing his hands across his chest.

"You're literally compromising yourself!" Felix added. "Why you gotta be such a failure, man?"

"Hey, don't be so harsh on him!" Minho chuckled before leaning onto Chan's shoulder.

Felix could only watch his best friend getting a boyfriend while he felt as single as ever. He quickly pulled out his phone and snapped a picture of the two lovebirds, just as a cute memory from his short trip to Korea.

Before they even realized it, they arrived at the airport. Felix was slightly regretting his decision. He could have stayed for a few more days.

They walked inside and said their goodbyes; hugs, tears and all. Minho had to get to work, so they were running out of time to stay and chat.

"Call me when you get home, get it?" Chan warned Felix.

"Okay mom!" the blonde laughed.

"Stop calling me mom!"

"Stop nagging, then! Anyway, you guys should go... I'll be fine; thanks for coming with me!" Felix thanked them before hugging them again.

"Take care, mate!" Chan teased Felix, rufling his hair.

"Bye, kid!" Minho smiled as he grabbed Chan's arm, dragging him towards the exit.

Chan and Minho waved at Felix before exiting the airport, rushing back towards the car so that Minho could get to work in time.

Felix sighed and placed his backpack on the floor, opening the front pocket to take out his wallet and his passport. He took out his wallet and realized that his passport wasn't in the same place, so he searched the rest of the pockets in attempt to find it. Unfortunately, he wasn't too successful.

As he was starting to panic, trying to figure out where he'd last seen it, he heard someone clearing his throat. He looked up and saw an arm extending towards him, holding a small black notebook which uncannily resembled his passport. His gaze trailed  towards the owner of the arm, and he was more than surprised to see Changbin smiling at him.

"I figured you'd need this..." Changbin spoke quietly.

Felix stood back up and snatched the passport from Changbin's hand before turning around and walking away. He had no intention of talking to the brunette. He was upset, angry and tired and all he wanted to do was to plop down on his own bed and cry himself to sleep, but of course, Changbin had to ruin everything, like always.

"One more thing..." Changbin started.

Felix turned around and noticed the brunette holding something behind his back. Felix thought it was probably something else he'd forgotten, so he was flattered to see a single red rose being handed to him.

"I know it's cliche, but I didn't have time to buy anything else... I'm sorry..." he appologised, looking away from Felix.

The blonde stared at the rose for a couple of seconds, wondering if he should or shouldn't take it. He wondered if he should or shouldn't accept Changbin's apology.

"You better be." Felix spat out coldly, turning away to leave without even looking at Changbin.

"Felix, please, let me explain myself!" Changbin begged, running after him.

"Explain what? The police is looking for you; you could be a serial killer!" the blonde guessed, continuing to walk.

"Could you be quieter?" Changbin grabbed Felix's wrist.

"Stop dragging my like that!" Felix shouted, pulling his wrist away. "I'm not a rag doll for you to drag around!"

"Felix, I swear I can explain everything."

Felix smirked and looked at the brunette one last time before sprinting towards the ticket booth. Changbin didn't follow him anymore.

"You've trusted me so far." Changbin shouted after him.

Felix stopped, feeling overwhelmed with emotions.

"Can't you trust me one last time?..."

Felix turned around and watched as Changbin handed him the rose again. He bit his lip, trying to keep it from trembling. He remembered Minho's advice. That was Changbin's last chance to fix things. He took a few careful steps towards him before running into his arms, almost knocking him down.

Puzzled, Changbin hugged Felix, totally oblivious to all the people staring at them. He patted his head softly before tangling his fingers in Felix's blonde hair, pulling him closer.

"Are you okay?" he asked a few seconds later.

Felix looked at Changbin and nodded awkwardly. He wasn't normally so emotional, but he'd been holding back for a while.

"Wanna go somewhere to eat?"

"Yeah..."

Changbin took Felix's backpack and threw it over his shoulder. He picked up his suitcase in one hand and held the blonde's hand as they left the airport.

~~~

"Two cupcakes please." Changbin told the cashier as he placed a few bills on the counter.

The lady behind the counter gave him two small cupcakes with pink frosting on a paper plate. Changbin bowed his head and thanked her before walking up to the table where Felix was waiting. He placed both of the cupcakes in front if Felix and sat down across from him. Felix picked up one of them and took a small bite from it.

"You have frosting on your nose." Changbin affirmed with a smile.

Felix quickly turned red and wiped the frosting off the tip of his nose.

"Thanks for not leaving..."

"Thanks for bringing my passport..." Felix mumbled as he finished his cupcake. "But I'm still mad at you!" he quickly added, pretending to be angry.

"OK, you know I'm a tattoo artist?"

"Right."

"Well, being a tattoo artist isn't necessarily the most legal thing in Korea."

"Wait, really?"

"I mean, it's legal if you go to med school before, but nobody who finishes med school is really willing to do it, so there's a lot of artists that do it underground." Changbin explained. "That's exactly what I'm doing."

Felix squinted his eyes and gazed suspiciously at Changbin. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, googling Korea's laws surrounding tattoos, and Changbin was actually right.

"Don't tell me you don't believe me..." Changbin sighed.

"I do, it's just-" Felix started.

"What reason would I have to lie to you in the first place? Seriously, Felix..." Changbin asked, reaching out to hold Felix's hand which was resting on the table.

"I don't know..."

"Felix, trust me; one last time, I promise." the brunette smiled, holding Felix's hand tighter. "I love you, I don't want to lose you..."

Felix pulled his hand away and pushed the plate towards Changbin.

"Eat your cupcake!" he ordered, hiding behind his bangs.

Changbin laughed and picked up the small treat, but just as he was about to bite it, Felix stopped him.

"Weren't you lactose intolerant?" he questioned Changbin.

Changbin was visibly taken aback by the fact that Felix remembered that small detail about him.

"Oh... D-Do cupcakes have lactose?" he stumbled over his words.

"Yes, they are made with milk..." Felix explained.

"Then you can have it!" Changbin chuckled. "I didn't know..."

Felix took the cupcake back and ate it quietly. Something was wrong with Changbin, but he couldn't figure out what. He thought that maybe he was just very stupid, but that was unlikely. Changbin's story seemed real at first, but Felix soon found massive problems with it. Things just wouldn't connect. If Changbin was an illegal tattoo artist, then why was the police chasing him so desperately. How did they know where he would be? What GPS was Hyunjin talking about? Why did they live in an office building instead of a normal apartment building? But most importantly: why did Changbin need a gun?