Chapter 4

Roses And Passports [Changlix]

A few rays of sunlight entered Felix’s room through the blinds, forcing him to wake up even though he wanted to spend his whole day under his warm blankets, watching YouTube videos and sending ugly snapchats to Chris, but the irritating sensation on his shoulder blade quickly reminded him that there was somebody else in his house at that time (or so he hoped).

He got up and walked up to the mirror on his wall, fixing his messy blond hair to look more presentable. He also pulled down his sweater and hid his hands in the sleeves, trying to look cuter. He stared at his reflection and tilted his head, pouting slightly in attempt to act like an adorable puppy. He smiled at himself and patted his own shoulder, proud of his acting skills.

Walking out of his room, he instantly felt the strong scent of bacon and eggs invading his apartment. He entered the kitchen, rubbing his eyes with his sweater-paws. Changbin noticed him and looked up from his phone and smiled.

“Mornin’ sunshine!” he chuckled.

Felix froze, not sure how to react to his new pet-name.

“Oh, um… A bit sleepy, I guess?...” he stumbled over his words as he sat down, admiring the breakfast that Changbin had prepared for him. “Thanks for the food, by the way!”

“It’s the least I can do to thank you for letting me spend the night here.”

“So, any plans for today? Any underground parties? Street racing?” Felix joked.

“Well… I was supposed to assassinate this famous politician…” Changbin stated, looking back at his phone with a serious expression.

Felix chocked on his food, trying not to freak out too much.

“Just kidding!” Changbin laughed, seeing Felix struggle to swallow his eggs. “Don’t die; disposing of dead bodies is hard!”

Felix looked up at him with wide eyes.

“Oh my god, relax for a sec, I’m not a criminal.”

The blond nodded and chuckled awkwardly, trying to focus back on his food.

“I mean, I could make some room in my busy schedule if you wanted to do something.” Changbin stated, pretending to flip an invisible book.

Felix thought about it for a few second, trying to pick a nice place to visit.

“Can we go to an amusement park?” Felix suddenly asked, surprising Changbin.

“Sure… just finish eating and get dressed so-“

Before Changbin had a chance to finish his sentence, Felix stuffed the last egg and a few pieces of bacon in his mouth, barely managing to chew them properly before scrambling back to his room to change into some more appropriate clothes. He picked a yellow polo shirt and a pair of jeans before heading back into the kitchen where Changbin was waiting for him. He grabbed his keys and his wallet and followed Changbin out of his apartment.

They took a short walk towards the amusement park, since waiting for the bus would have taken much longer. Changbin was unusually quiet; he listened to Felix blabber about how his parents would always take him to this amusement park while he was a child, but he wasn’t processing most of the information. He was lost in his thoughts, not paying attention to anything that was going on around him.

He snapped out of his trance as an arm grabbed onto his jacket, yanking him away from a honking car.

“Watch it! You could have died, you know that?!” Felix scolded him with a worried look plastered on his face. “What were you thinking?! Something bad could have happened to you!”

“I’m still alive, aren’t I?”

Felix sighed and grabbed tighter onto Changbin’s arm, holding him close as they continued their walk. Changbin was a bit flustered by Felix’s actions, but he didn’t want to upset Felix by telling him to let go.

Moments later, they were waiting in line to get the tickets. The weather was still nice and it seemed like that day was going to be great.

Despite Changbin being against it, Felix somehow managed to convince him to ride the carousel with him, which was something totally against Changbin’s values. The blonde also suggested they take some pictures in a photo booth to remember that day. They didn’t even realize how fast the time went by. They only bothered to check the clock when they noticed the sun setting down. Most of the visitors were heading back towards the exit, ready to call it a day, but Changbin suggested that they try going on the Ferris wheel since the view would probably be much prettier from above. Felix didn’t hesitate to agree.

“We should buy cotton candy before we leave…” Changbin suggested, staring out the window of the Ferris wheel.

“Oh, I can buy some for you!” Felix smiled, scrambling through his pockets to find his wallet.

“Nah, it’s on me.”

“Didn’t you say you’re out of money?”

“I’m anyway leaving tonight, so it won’t be too much of a problem…”

“Leaving?... You’re leaving? Tonight?!” Felix snapped. “When are you leaving?...Were you even planning to tell me? Were you gonna leave just like that?!”

“My plane takes off at 6 AM so I have to be at the airport by 5… I was planning to tell you later…”

“Sure you were; thanks for being such a horrible friend!” Felix shouted, crossing his arms.

“Friend?...” Changbin repeated softly.

“Well, yeah… I thought we were friends.”

Changbin looked down and smiled. The word kept echoing through his mind.

“I’m sorry… But I really have to leave…” Changbin continued, standing up in order to stand on the same side as Felix.

He placed his hand on the blonde’s shoulder, trying to comfort him, even though he wasn’t really good with people. Felix placed his head on Changbin’s hand, scrunching up his nose.

“That …” Felix blurted out.

“Hey! Don’t talk like that! You’re still a kid!” Changbin scolded him, trying to loosen up the tension.

Felix was unimpressed.

They sat in silence for the rest of the ride, trying to reorganize their thoughts. The Ferris wheel suddenly came to a stop, making them snap back into reality. They got off just as an announcer was telling people that they should head towards the exit since the park was closing down. Felix walked ahead of Changbin, ignoring him completely.

“I guess this is our goodbye…” Changbin stated, ready to head out and try to find a cold bench to sleep on.

“So you’re not staying over?...” Felix asked a bit disappointed.

“Well, do you want me to?” Changbin smirked.

Felix hid his face behind his face, concealing the pinkish shade tinting his cheeks.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” the brunette grabbed Felix’s hand, intertwining their fingers as they walked back to Felix’s apartment.

People stared, people whispered, they laughed and made mean comments, but Changbin couldn’t be bothered less. Felix on the other hand was slightly worried about meeting somebody he knew. He didn’t think that holding another boy’s hand would be something so weird to people. It’s not like there were any feelings between the two of them. It was just a gesture of friendship. The walk seemed to be a lot shorter than it usually was, since Felix quickly realized that they were back to his apartment. He wanted it to last longer, though…

After eating a few bags of chips and watching some random Marvel movie, Changbin fell asleep again. Felix had to figure out a way to let go of Changbin’s hand without waking him up. He struggled for a bit, but managed to release himself. He walked into the kitchen, grabbing a few cups of coffee before returning to his room. He placed the cups on his desk and sipped some of the drink before walking over to his closet. He opened the doors and grabbed stacks of clothes, arranging them on his bed. When he ran out of space on his bed he started spreading them on the floor, covering it almost entirely. He reached under his bed and reached out to retreat a large suitcase. He started placing them inside, making sure that they all fit in. Somehow he managed to put all of his clothes inside. He checked the time: 3:41 AM. He had just enough time to pack some of his stuffed toys and his toothbrush. After drinking the fifth cup of coffee, he quietly walked into the kitchen. He made a few sandwiches and placed them in a backpack. Back in his room, he stuffed his laptop inside the backpack as well. He sat down on his bed and texted some of his friends and his parents, telling them that he’s going on a trip with one of his friends. He told them that he’s not sure when he’d be back. He checked the time again; 3:59 AM.

Just as the clock turned 4, a beeping noise came from the living room. Felix grabbed his suitcase and his backpack and struggled to get them out of his room. Once he was in the living room, Changbin only started at him, still trying to process what was going on.

“What are you doing?...” he asked in a raspy, sleepy voice.

“I’m coming to Korea with you!” Felix proudly affirmed.

“You’re joking.”

“I’m not!”

“You’re crazy!”

“I know!”

Felix’s excitement and determination made Changbin realize that he was serious.

“Felix, we’ve met like, two days ago, in an underground party, and now you’re saying that you’re coming home with me?” Changbin questioned him, raising an eyebrow.

“Yup. I was anyway planning to go to Korea to see a friend of mine.” Felix smiled, snatching the blanket away from Changbin. “Now come on! Grab your things and let’s go. You’ll miss your plane.”

Still a bit dizzy, Changbin got up, deciding not to argue with Felix anymore. In the few days they’ve spent together, he realized that Felix was one stubborn kid.

They took an Über to the airport, where Felix bought a plane ticket. Luckily, there were still a few empty seats. Felix did most of the talking, since he was the one who understood English. The woman behind the desk asked them for their passports. Felix hesitated to give her his passport, so she had to insist for a bit before he gave up. Changbin soon realized why Felix was so secretive about his passport.

“Is that your real name?”

“Don’t you even-“

“Lee Yongbok? Yongbok?!” Changbin repeated, bursting out laughing. “That’s your new name now!”

“I hate you, you know that?” Felix sighed.

“I love you too.” Changbin smirked.

The woman finished checking the passports and she let them go, so they headed towards their plane. Felix was slightly regretting his decision, but it was too late to give up…

 

 

“Wanna grab some Starbucks before?” Changbin asked, struggling to pull Felix’s suitcase on the busy streets of Seoul.

“Sure, why not?” Felix smiled, taking pictures of the city.

They headed for the nearest Starbucks and ordered their drinks. Changbin actually got what he wanted this time. The barista noticed their suitcase, so he asked them if they were tourists. They were having a conversation about how Felix randomly decided to move to Korea when they heard the sound of the bell at the entrance. Felix and Changbin continued to converse with each other while the barista was getting ready to serve another client.

“Chan!” he suddenly exclaimed, making Felix turn around to see who he was talking about.

“Chris?!” the blonde shouted, standing up from his seat.

“Felix?...” the supposed Chris mumbled.

“Minho!”

Everyone looked at the barista with a puzzled expression.

“Oh… I thought we were saying our names…” he smiled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head.

“Why in the world are you in Korea?” Chan/Chris questioned Felix.

“That’s a funny story actually!”