FINAL [Of Fan Fictions, Overseas Trips, and Unexpected Pregnancy]

Of Fan Fictions, Overseas Trips, and Unexpected Pregnancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TITLE: Of Fan Fictions, Overseas Trips, and Unexpected Pregnancy

AUTHOR: 17jeongcheol

SUMMARY: The SEVENTEEN members must have been reading too much fan fictions lately because they kept on insisting that Seungcheol got Jeonghan pregnant... and somehow, he started to believe them.

(WARNING: If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.)

FOREWORD: Only three things ran in Seungcheol's mind when he was informed that Jeonghan was pregnant: (1) Does Jeonghan have egg cells? (2) Where will the baby exit? and (3) Was that even really possible?!

 

***

 

“Babe? Hey, it’s me,” Seungcheol said with relief as the other finally picked up his call after twenty-seven tries, one hand holding the phone by his ear while the other was massaging his temple, trying to soothe his mild headache. Yes, out of impatience and worry, he counted the number of calls it’d take before the other would pick up. It was very unlikely for the other not to answer after three rings, by the way.

“Hey, Cheol! This is Joshua.”

Seungcheol's brows furrowed. He quickly glanced at the phone's screen and when he saw the caller ID was JEONGHAN, his confusion was doubled. "Uhm, okay. Where's Jeonghan? And what is that cow-like whining I hear from the background?" He asked as he increased the volume of his phone and put it closer to his ear so he could clearly hear the commotion from the other line. Joshua muttered a nervous laugh and because of that, Seungcheol's y brows furrowed even more.

"Shua?" he asked, not minding to hide the irritation in his voice.

"Ha-ha, that cow-like whine is from your boyfriend, Cheol," Joshua answered which made his forehead crease. "He's been like that since yesterday already."

"Why? What’s happening to him?" he asked, almost whispering. His chest felt tight as different scenarios of Jeonghan in a difficult situation filled his thoughts. He imagined his lover having a hard time without him by his side and it pained him because who the hell would not be? He made a promise with Jeonghan before that he would always be by his side, yet when the time came that he really needed him, he wouldn't be there?

How irresponsible of a boyfriend was he?

But, damn it! If only he didn't have to be in Japan with their CEO and manager for a talk about their Japanese activities, he would've been on Jeonghan's side already, holding his hands and softly whispering in his ear that everything would be okay to make him feel better.

"Why isn't he at the hospital yet?” His worry was swiftly replaced by irritation. “Shua, as the third oldest in the group, I expected that you’d be more responsible—"

"Have you forgotten already how he hated the scent of hospitals? He said he would die because of being hospitalized, not his sickness itself. Besides," Joshua lowered his voice, "...we're suspecting he might be pregnant, dear leader."

Seungcheol coughed from an invisible lump in his throat. Huh? "W-What?" he asked, shocked and confused. He was in a state of shock because as far as he knew, he didn't have any deficiency in his sense of hearing, so how come he would be hearing it wrong? "Come again, Joshua?"

He heard the other sigh. "I said he might be carrying your child. He kept on throwing up early in the morning since two days ago only to release nothing but liquids! And mind you, it only happens in the morning. Isn't that a sign of pregnancy? Morning sickness––that’s what it's called, right?"

Seungcheol shook his head savagely, trying to clear his thoughts. Was Joshua high on drugs? Or he lacked sleep so he’s hallucinating? Whatever he was, he’s a hundred percent sure that the other was in either of the two choices. Or he may even be both high on drugs and hallucinating due to lack of sleep.

Seungcheol clicked his tongue.

"Really, Josh, this is not funny." He tried to laugh, expecting that the man on the other line would laugh as well to confirm his other thought that it was just a poorly-planned prank. But Joshua stayed quiet, so his laughter trailed down until it was completely gone and was replaced with a sigh. He massage his nape before he tightly shut his eyes––worried and anxious.

"I'm serious, Cheol. He's so moody as well and oh, do you want to know what he did to Seokmin and Soonyoung?" the other asked. He rolled his eyes and didn't bother to answer because he knew that he'd tell it anyway. And he wasn’t wrong. "He tried to chase them all over the dorm with Jihoon’s sharpest pencils on his hand, aiming for their eyeballs! Really, that was so scary!"

Seungcheol straightened his back on his seat, eyes wide and mouth hanging open. "What? Didn't he know that it’s dangerous?" His brows formed a single line. His grip on his phone tightened. "What triggered him to do that, anyway?"

Joshua giggled. "Oh, it’s because they just voiced out our thoughts..."

Seungcheol swore he heard a demonic laugh after Joshua’s voice.

“What thoughts? That he’s possibly pregnant?”

"Yeah! They teased your boyfriend that he might be pregnant, and if it’s true, then he would be fat and if that happens, you will leave him because he's already ugly and totally not y and attractive," Joshua answered in between chuckling and talking. He could imagine a huge grin forming on his lips and that teasing look on his face. It was a good thing that they were just talking over the phone, or else he didn’t know if he would be able to control himself from hurting his friend. He was so in the mood for violence, especially after what he heard from the other.

God knows how much of a bully Joshua was in contrast of his church boy image.

Seungcheol shouted, "Yah! Why would I leave him because of that shallow reason? Even if he gets fat, I'll never stop loving him!" He quickly took his laptop and started looking for an available flight that day. I’m doing this for Jeonghan, okay? Nothing else!

"So does that mean you already believe our suspicion about him being pregnant?"

Seungcheol’s fingers on the keyboard froze.

"N-No, no. Of course not!” Seungcheol heard a chuckle from the other line, clearly laughing at his indecisiveness. He sighed in defeat, “I don't know, okay? That’s just so impossible. Where will the baby exit, huh? Does he have egg cells to fertilize with my ? We all know he looks like a girl, and would sometimes act like one, but is he a girl? I’ve seen everything about him, so how can that even be possible?" he rebuked, face in a color of cherry tomatoes.

Whoops, the last line was too much, he guessed. With a deep sigh, he added, "You read too many fan fictions, Joshua. I told you they’re bad for our mental health!” And relationships!

Don’t get him wrong, he’s not really against fan-made stories. The fans love them and whatever they love doing, they’d try to understand as a sign of gratitude. It’s just that Seungcheol had a traumatic experience with them.

One boring day while on break after weeks of promotions, Wonwoo stumbled upon a fan fiction site recommended by a fan on their V-Live chat box. It was unbelievable how Wonwoo spent hours reading from the site, telling them how he was being paired with Mingyu, Jun, Joshua, and even Jeon Jungkook. One time he was laughing, then the next he was already bawling his eyes out. He said that the writer killed Mingyu and they did not have a happy ending, which depressed him because he concluded that in the story, he would live his life alone until he die. That made him roll his eyes out and decided to visit the site himself, to ease his boredom because he had nothing else to do.

He chose the story with him as the lead, and when he saw Jeonghan’s name on the character list, he concluded it was okay. Jeonghan sat beside him and together they read the fan fic.

The end of the story traumatized him the most – especially because Jeonghan started hitting him nonstop, yelling that he must not love him anymore and the likes.

“How dare you choose a story with you and Jihoonie as the pairing? Do you not love me anymore?” Jeonghan kept yelling. “Did you intentionally choose that, huh?”

Yes, the story he randomly chose had a past of him and Jeonghan, and would end up with him and Jihoon. It wasn’t intentional as what Jeonghan was accusing him. He really thought it was a story made for him and his pretty boyfriend.

Right there, on their third month of being together, their first quarrel occurred. And it lasted for almost a week.

Seungcheol shivered at the flashback. It was the worst week of his life! Jeonghan wouldn’t ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter