And Talking Cats

In Your Galaxy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mum, I am home.” Jimin said happily as he walked into the house, it was dusk so hopefully that counted as before it was dark in his mother’s opinion. By the smell off it he was just in time for dinner, the scent of garlic wafted through the air – was it pizza night? They hadn’t had pizza in a long time and usually it was reserved for special occasions and Jimin was sure it was no one’s birthday but Jimin wasn’t complaining. Pizza and garlic bread, a combination truly made by the gods. It was one of his favourite food though admittedly he had a lot of favourite foods.

 

“Ah Minnie you are home,” His mum said as she walked into the doorway, wiping her hands on her apron as she walked in. “Welcome back, it’s nice to actually see you and not a flash of you racing out of the house.” She teased, Jimin looked down at his shoes, a whiny ‘muuumm’ escaped his lips.

 

“Anyway how was your day? I was talking to Hyungwon today at the bakery and he said he got his test back,” Jimin’s fist clenched, of course Hyungwon did – he was a ‘friend’ of Hobi’s and by friend Jimin meant Hobi hyung considered him a friend Hyungwon was kinda , read very, inlove with Hoseok.  He didn’t have a problem with Jimin or vice versa but he never turned down a chance to brag – apparently even to Jimin’s mother. “He got 95 on his test, his parents must be so proud,” his mum said wishfully, “How did you go Jimin?”

 

“Uh well- “ Jimin said timidly handing his now crumbled test to his mother, “You see I –“ Jimin started to explain, hoping his mum wouldn’t get to upset. “It’s not a big –“

 

“TWENTY PERCENT!!” His mum yelled out, Jimin was pretty sure the old slightly deaf couple down the street heard that. He winced looking at his mum, he was sure she would start breathing fire with how red she is getting. Well this is going exactly how Jimin predicted, perhaps even worse. “PARK JIMIN!” she exclaimed, ah the full name – Jimin had a feeling he’d be grounded until he got to college and looking at that score it might be longer than two years they expected . “How do you fail that bad, go outside and think about what you did.”

 

“Mum wait! what?”Jimin  protested as his mum pushed him out of the front door, slamming the door shut in his face. What the hell was it with sending Jimin outside today, surely the sensible thing would be sending straight to his room to study or something, clearly Jimin was the only one who made sense these days everyone else was the dumb one. “Mum, come on!” he said banging on the door.

 

“What did you do to make mum upset now?” Jihoon asked walking past Jimin as if he wasn’t surprised that Jimin was out there and also like he didn’t really care about his brother standing out there in the cold. “Stupid Jiminie, failed yet another test.” He sung out, a smirk on his face. Jimin’s eyes narrowed, why his parents thought he needed a sibling was beyond him but since he had to have one he wished that he had a cute little sister who was sweet and came to Jimin for advice, instead he got stuck with a brat like Jihoon. “I wish I had a cool older brother.” Jihoon commented turning around to face Jimin and pulling a silly face.

 

“Why you… you can’t talk to me like that you know? I am still older than you!” Jimin ranted, he deserved some respect, honestly how hard could it be to not be a disrespectful little . Jihoon snorted a ‘sure hyung’ before opening the door.

 

 “Oh you are going to get it now, Sailor V kick” Jimin said dramatically trying to re-enact the scene from the Sailor V game. It was a pretty good try, he was fluid and the did the spin perfectly but unfortunately Jihoon didn’t bother waiting for contact instead of hitting his annoying little brother his foot came in contact with a very hard door.

 

“Ow, , my foot.” He said hopping on his good foot as he attempted to rub the other one. “Aish this isn’t fair.” Jimin whined. “Mum let me back in, “he cried while knocking the door with his fits. “I’m really sorry please let me in.”

 

Jimin wasn’t sure how much time had passed before he got let back in, but it was certainly dark beforehand. He ate his dinner rather quickly, scoffing down his pizza and practically inhaling the garlic bread, if asked it was because he was in a bad mood and not because he was a pig. There wasn’t much chatter at dinner, his dad had just got home and was too tired to do anything with his mouth but chew, Jihoon was engrossed in whatever was on his cell phone and his mum was still mad at Jimin.

 

To escape the uncomfortable silence Jimin raced up to his room pretty much instantly, no one really questioned why he had left and if they did Jimin would say he was going to ‘study’. Once his door was closed Jimin instantly relaxed, he was in his place. Jimin has alot of  pride in his room, it wasn’t the typical teenage boys bedroom - though it was on the messier side right now

 

Jimin’s room was his favourite place, the arcade -  (a close second), for years his room was stuck being a basic boys room until Jimin begged his parents to let him change it. Eventually they gave in, Jimin was very loud and his ability to never give up (at least when he really wanted to) helped out. Jimin believed his room was a representive of all that was Jimin, his bed set were covered in stars with about 10 pillows piled at the top. The walls were painted a pale sky blue and were covered in all sorts of things, posters of Jimin’s favourite celebrities were stuck over them. He had a board full of pictures of all his friends and family as w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter