Too Cool For School

In Your Galaxy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin raced into the classroom, leaning against the door frame panting. He knew jogging was supposedly good for you but Jimin questioned the science behind that because he just ‘jogged’ (read sprinted) two blocks to get here and honestly Jimin genuinely thought he might be in the middle of a heart attack. Whoever created school and or exercise were truly evil, no one could convince Jimin otherwise.

 

“I am so sorry I am late Ms Choi you see there was this cat and these kids – wait she isn’t here?” Jimin said pushing himself out of the door frame and further inside the class, he stood in front of the rest of the class, his classmates watching on in confusion. “Did her boyfriend break up with her again?” Jimin pondered out loud, the whole class, no the whole school, unfortunately, knew all the nitty gritty details of Ms Choi’s relationship. “It isn’t good for a teacher to put her personal life before her class, I mean …” he started before he noticed Hoseok looking at him with a look of pure terror, he was mouthing for him to shut up. Jimin knew right then that he screwed up, “Ms Choi is right behind me, isn’t she?” Jimin asked head falling as he waited for the scolding he was about to get.

 

“Yes, she is,” Ms Choi answered in a clipped tone. “It’s so nice of you to join us Jimin, “she said evilly if this was an anime Ms Choi’s glasses would have that scary shine to them. “Care to share with the class why exactly you are 15 minutes to my class?”

 

“Well you see there was this cat right, well no there were these evil little kids who were picking on this black cat and I stopped to help it –“ Jimin stopped talking as Ms Choi just stared at him making him question why was even trying to explain what happened (while conveniently leaving out the bit where he overslept) Ms Choi didn’t care and realistically Jimin could have found the cure for cancer and Ms Choi would still hate him. “I am very sorry, and it will never happen again?” he offered lamely.

 

“No, it certainly won’t be happening again.” Ms Choi agreed, “especially since you’ve done so well on the pop quiz we had yesterday.” She said holding up Jimin’s long forgotten math’s quiz, Jimin eyes fell on the large bright angry red mark that was his score – 20 %. “Jimin winced a presumptive wince, he knew what would happen when his mum found out.” Twenty out of 100 Jimin!” Ms Choi snapped. “Go stand outside until I call you back in.”

 

“But,” Jimin started to argue but stopped immediately when he saw Ms Choi’s face, it was going red like super duper ruby red, he swore a vein pop in her forehead. Yikes, someone needed to handle her anger a little better, Jimin would have suggested yoga but right now he thought if he said one more she would bite his head off, not figuratively like actually chomp down on him.

 

So with that thought in mind Jimin stepped outside still questioning the logic behind Ms Choi’s choice, here he is with the lowest score he has ever received maybe even the lowest in the school’s history and she sends him outside instead of letting him in class so he could you know actually learn instead of failing every test miserably.

 

Jimin’s stomach growled reminding him he didn’t have any breakfast. He hadn’t had food in 12 hours, 12 long hours, surely that wasn’t healthy – you should have a snack every hour, right? He was a growing boy, after all, well at least he hoped he was if was stuck at 5”9” for the rest of his life someone was going to pay. “Well since I am not in class,” Jimin said eyeing his bag carefully, surely just a few bites of his lunch wouldn’t hurt. Didn’t you think better after you ate anyway?

 

Bulgogi Onigirazu Jimin did a silent cheer as he opened his lunch box, his mum always knew how to look after him. The tantalizing scent of grilled meat wafted in the air making Jimin drool, even though he couldn’t cook to save himself he loved to eat and his mother’s cooking was his absolute favourite. He grabbed one of the carefully wrapped rice balls ready to shove it in his mouth whole.

 

“Park Jimin!” Ms Choi shouted causing Jimin to jump and drop the Bulgogi he was holding on the floor, he was lucky his reflexes actually worked for once and saved his lunch box before the rest of them fell on the ground as well. What was it with this woman and not letting Jimin live, like what sure he was late but now she was trying to starve him as well.

 

“What do you think you were doing?” Ms Choi asked. Jimin stared at her blankly, well he was about to shove a rice ball into his mouth, what did she think he was doing. “Just get in class.” Ms Choi said pointing inside the classroom like Jimin needs directions. He may be blonde (it wasn’t natural of course) but he was certainly not that dumb.

 

The class seemed to drag on after that if you asked Jimin about what they actually learned today he would have no abso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter