Falling into the Light

Not all stars are up in the sky

Misa Eto adjusted her ribbon on her uniform, silk soft to touch, prim and proper, a good image of an honor student. Peach lip-gloss, transparent nail polish, soft blush-on; Misa knew that she's pushing the school rules to the limit, but she can't help but put extra attention to her appearance, she's a woman after all. As quickly as she waved goodbye to her parents, Misa was greeted by her best friend, Shiraishi Mai. The two of them were known as the deadly duo of the school, aside from being top students, they also excel in softball.

The walk to school was the same like every other day, they talked about club activities, due homeworks, group projects and the like,  but something is always constant to her in the back of her mind. Minami. It started slow, but before she realized her feelings, it was like a current that turned into a tsunami. She wanted Minami for herself, to love her, toprotect her, to keep her away from the world.

Want.

The want kept on getting stronger and it consumed her. The future seemed darker by day as she was losing her grip on her feelings.

-----

Maiyan laughed at her. Misa was flabergasted when her best friend laughed at her troubles.

It took her days to summon the courage to talk about her feelings for Minami, and her best friend was laughing at her. Great.

"I thought your parents are getting divorce or something, i mean.. you looked depressed and all, ya know... turns out it's just some silly crush.." Maiyan continued to laugh.

On the case of Minami, it turns out Maiyan thought Misa hated the kouhai, because Misa kept on glaring at Minami whenever the girl passed by. Misa was extremely red, she was embarrassed, but it was clear why Minami ran away whenever they eyes met.

"You don't even know each other but she already hate you, it's over before it started, man. Great job!" Maiyan, again, still laughing.

I'm so lame.

It felt like the world was over for Misa.

And to put an icing on the cake, Maiyan likes to about Minami now. Awesome.

Days went by and Misa finally used to Maiyan's teasings, she tend to retaliate with a simple "shut up" or "go bother your Erika." And went on their merry days.

Although sharing her troubles had not change her longings for Minami, somehow knowing that Maiyan understood her, eased her burden a bit.

--

Come 14th of February, the world felt like it ended twice for Misa Eto.