A shooting star making a way to your heart

Not all stars are up in the sky

"Eh?"

Minami shrank. This was not the way it suppose to be. Her face was flushed by embarrassement, if the earth was to split open, she would jump right into the crack.

Where is Fujiwara senpai? She looked around.

He passed!!!! The betrayal!! Minami was internally whacking her head for this mishap, she couldn't believe--

 

"I'm taking this!" Eto senpai snatched the home-made chocolate from Minami's hands. 

"Uhh score!" Shiraishi chriped while she elbowed Eto, totally badgering the latter. 

"Shut up! Let's go, we're late." Eto replied, signaling Shiraishi to move along, almost not minding the tiny Minami that was still in mid shock.

"Eto senpai so cool, so pretty! Please accept my feelings, senpai!" teased Shiraishi, knowing that those jabs were just enough to embarrass Eto as they walked to their next class.

No replies from Eto, just a hint of reddened ears.

 

Minami finally came to her senses; and the once crowded hallway was deserted.

What am i going to do now? I wanna die, dear God, help me...

She internally sulked while going to her next class.

--------------

The school ended and Minami just wanted to go home and drown in her ofuro. Well, not drown, but the idea was similar to her mental-meltdown right now.

Minami exited the school building as she mused about activities that she could do to make herself feel better..

"Yo!"

It's Eto senpai!

"Hey don't run away!"

Eto grabbed Minami's shoulder as she tried to run away from the scary senpai.

Crap! She caught me!

"Hoshino-san, right? Is it ok if I call you Minamichan?"

"Yes Eto senpai, I'm so sorr--"

"Call me Misa, it's fine." 

Misa was quick and clipped with her words. And Minami was dying.. metaphorically..

Is she mad? Is she disgusted because she thinks I'm gay? It's a mistake I need to tell her. She's hella scary! Why does she stare so much.

Misa was amused as she watched Minami's everchanging expressions. This little kouhai was too into her own thoughts.

Misa smiled gently; and for the first time, Minami didn't look like a deer caught in headlights looking at the senpai.

"Walk home with me today, Minami-chan." Misa gently nudged Minami towards the school gate's direction. The two started walking, albeit awkwardly.

"So, about the confession today.." Misa started, kicking a small wayward stone out of her way.

"I'm so sorry, Misa senpai, I can explain.." 

"I read the letter that came along with the chocolate."

Misa's tone was flat and Minami felt like she was threading on a dangerous tide. She decided to stay quiet.

"You must've love Fujiwara so much, don't you?"

Misa turned her sight to Minami, giving her time to respond. It was a quiet while, so Misa decided to continue.

"I'm sorry about the chocolate, I forgot to bring my wallet today, and I was hungry.. On the brighter side, it was good.."

Minami turned at the compliment. Eyes lit up, searching for the older's pair who shied away.

She's probably not as scary as I thought? 

"Did you give the letter to Fujiwara senpai?"

Her words were almost pleading and Misa was trying so hard not to melt away.

"N-no... here." Misa returned the letter.

The journey was quiet again, but it wasn't as stifling as before.

"I'm going this way, senpai." Minami halted as they reached to a fork in the road.

"Is it ok if i treat you for a bit? As a repay for the chocolate.. It's not that far from here, you see.." Misa pointed at the other direction.

"Eh? Sure.. i guess.."

"It's that one, Pan de la Pan.. Have you ever heard of it?"

"Pan de la Pan? Are you serious, senpai? I love that cafe!" Minami's entire mood changed, she was so happy she might even emit a bit of light.

Misa smiled as she stride towards the cafe with a new found courage; with the little happy fairy in tow.

 

Today might not be that bad after all