IV.

stay with me (please)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

What the actual ?

Hanbin was almost 100% positive that he was hallucinating, despite only having downed a couple shots of apple Ciroc. And he was almost sure that there were no drugs running heavily through his veins, or maybe there was, did I shoot up in the bathroom? I can’t remember.

But whatever he drank or did earlier seem to have clouded his mind in the most delirious manner and Hanbin was sure he was going insane. Not trusting his own mind, Hanbin twisted back in his seat to face the bar, rubbing his eyes furiously as if it would clear the fogginess.

 

Hanbin had stumbled into the Red Dragon only an hour earlier after a ty day at the office.

His secretary had been so goddamn annoying and would not stop yapping about how amazing her boyfriend was in bed, and how he was so ing rich. She talked so loud that the whole floor was listening in, and Hanbin, sitting in his office while sipping on a hip flask filled with vodka, was forced to hear to these disgustingly vain stories. Little did she know he was ing her best friend—the next secretary down— too; Hanbin snorted, people always act so pretentious when they have to hide.

So yeah, Hanbin might’ve consumed a little bit of alcohol before coming to the club, but hey that’s what a pre-drink is for right?

Now he was sitting at the bar, observing  the nightclub as it came alive, music booming, lights flashing. As Hanbin watched the dance floor, he caught the dirty grind of hips and slick tongues snaking their way into indecent mouths.

He was looking for his next .

But as his eyes searched over the crowd, Hanbin saw something that made him do a serious double-take. Surely his was in too much of a ed up haze to differentiate real life and his drunken state of mind. Because surely what he was seeing was not real and was not actually happening.

There on the dance floor, just at the edge,  was two boys. A smaller one, that Hanbin’s mind registered as Jinhwan grinding obscenely against a boy that was very much not Jiwon. The boy— that the fairy-like barista was pretty much ing against— was tall and broad in stature, with dark hair and even darker eyes. Sensual eyes that were smoldered in heavy charcoal eyeliner as he lazily watched the smaller boy grind his hips against his.

Hanbin saw red. What about Jiwon? What about the boy made of sunshine with fluffy hair and bright eyes and a smile that could make the moon shiver? Hanbin was growing restless and livid, about to jump off the bar stool and give Jinhwan a piece of his mind with his fist.

How could Jinhwan think it was even remotely okay to a hurt a boy as soft and pretty as Jiwon? Did the smaller boy have no shame? How could he be here dancing with another man when the latter was probably at home, covered in silk pajamas and waiting on the bed for his precious boyfriend? How would Jiwon feel when his lover came home covered in blooming bites and brushing it off with a lame excuse, Oh these? I burnt myself with the straighter this morning, don’t worry honey. The boy who was so trusting of the cruel world would probably believe Jinhwan too, until the light from his eyes slowly vanished each day when his boyfriend came home smelling of another man.

Hanbin’s heart burned at the thought of a sad Jiwon with no shimmer in his eyes, no mirth in his smile, no color in his skin. He pictured in his head, a broken boy with glazed eyes and shaky fingers. A reflection of himself. And the pain Hanbin felt was so much stronger than what he felt when he found out that that Jiwon had a boyfriend. Because he couldn’t fathom the idea of the barista‘s heart breaking because his scum boyfriend cheated, thinking he wasn’t enough. Jiwon was more than enough, more deserving than anyone in the world and Hanbin sure as hell wouldn’t let the tiny boy in the dance floor get away with stealing a piece of the sun just to cheat on it with the moon.

Snakes truly are the most beautiful creatures.

Hanbin stood up off the stool, smoothing down his black Armani dress shirt and tightening his matching silk tie.

Is it even fair of me to hit that guy? He’s like 2 feet shorter than me.. What if people think I’m attacking a minor, . Is this child abuse??

Hanbin turned around to order one more liquid shot of courage and he downed it in seconds, wiping his lips with the back of his hand. When he faced the crowd again, his eyes went wild with fire, the shortie’s gonna ing get it.

Explicit dancing had turned into something more dangerous.  Hanbin caught Jinhwan making out with the taller man, the latter grabbing at the barista’s , shame no where to be found.

Hanbin tightened his fists, lean arms falling limply at his side as he stalked forward, edging towards the dance floor.

But as he stepped closer and closer, Hanbin froze, whole body turning rigid. His eyes were wild, pupils dilated to the point where the chocolate irises couldn’t be found anymore.

Hanbin’s heart broke all over again.

There standing right before him was Jiwon. Beautiful, bright, shiny Jiwon in all his angel glory. But the barista wasn’t alone and he certainly wasn’t with Jinhwan. Instead, Hanbin watched Jiwon being devoured by another man. He looked foreign with silky blonde hair and honey-tanned skin. His tall, bulky frame boxed Jiwon in as he pressed wet, succulent kisses to his exposed neck. The smaller boy had his eyes closed in pleasure, mouth parted and Hanbin could only imagine the little whines coming out.

He felt so, so sick.

Hanbin watched on as the pair shared breathy laughs and sticky alcohol filled kisses, and he finally snapped when the taller, foreign man began to pull Jiwon towards the bathroom. He glanced over to the edge of the dance floor to see if Jinhwan had seen the interaction or if he was too busy with his own indecency. But what Hanbin saw had him sick to his stomach and dizzy with confusion. The smaller boy had winked at the other barista, mouthing a teasing “have fun”.

What the is going on?

Had Hanbin been reading the whole situation wrong? Jiwon and Jinhwan...? They’re not together? And who the hell is this foreign ?

Hanbin’s head was pounding and he really didn’t want to think anymore. All he wanted was to feel the exhilaration running through his veins. It’s been a couple hours since I shot up.. why can’t I feel anything? I need more.

But even with the concentrated drug running through Hanbin’s system, all he could focus on was the boy before him. Jiwon looked mouth-wateringly decadent, with his flushed skin gleaming with a sheen of sweat, glossy red lips puffy and bitten. He looked so, so wrecked. Hanbin could no longer differentiate whether he was or pissed off that he wasn’t the one pushing Jiwon into euphoria. Or maybe it was both.

Hanbin stood alone in the crowd, surrounded by nameless faces packed together like a can of cold-pressed anchovies. Sticky skin, messy grins and dilated pupils made grabby hands at Hanbin, trying to pull him along to the beat of the music. But Hanbin didn’t want to be touched.

 

He was so close to ing losing it and if one more dirty finger trailed on his skin, someone was seriously going to get hurt.

Hanbin spun around, ready to go home and get even drunker on whiskey in the comfort of his own home, not in a sea filled with filthy vermin and two pretty boys. He looked towards the edge of the club and found that the smaller fairy one had already left, presumably to the man with smoky eyes.

And Jiwon? Hanbin saw him stumble cutely behind the taller blonde man, looping their way to find privacy in the cramped stall of some dingy restroom.

Hanbin sighed, I really need to get the out of here. This isn’t fun anymore.

Abandoning his original plan to find a nameless f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter