First Day in Limbo World

Limbo World

Yoona! Hold on tight!”

Lee Byung Hun pulled the handle of the motorcycle and made it lie on its side on the road so that the spines from the rages were directed towards the bathos behind them.

Lee Byung Hun then took out two guns and shouted, “Machine gun,” causing the two guns to really change into machine guns and shot at the rages. One of the two died on the spot. When he put the guns away, they returned into normal guns. Thinking that he killed both, Lee Byung Hun sped up the motorcycle.

Yoona heard a roar from behind, so she looked back and saw the alive rage. “Arjussi, the creature is not dead yet. It is coming after us!” she said.

“Is it alone?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“We are doomed, then. Rages live in pairs and when one is dead, the remaining one becomes furious and changes into a more powerful form.”

Yoona looked at the rage again. He was right. The rage was glowing and got a lot bigger. She also noticed that its mouth became wider and the spines on its back, longer.

The rage made a pinwheel out of its spines and threw it at them. But Lee Byung Hun suddenly drove into a narrow street, and escaped vaguely.

The rage threw another pinwheel of spines and in front of them was a crossroad. Lee Byung Hun pretended as if he was taking the right road but actually took the left. In that way, they survived once more, but vaguely as usual.

“Arjussi, are you just going to avoid being shot at?”

“Of course we have to, when it is shooting. We can fight back when it is not.”

Driving straight, they reached a bridge built over a railway. That bridge, too, looked ruined and the railway below had pointed poles of iron.

“I don’t think we can go over this thing.” Lee Byung Hun pulled the brake and headed to the rage.

Then he pulled out the gun and shouted, “Gun rocket!” The gun, as expected transformed into a gun rocket. On the road, there were two wrecked cars, one of which was leaking petrol. Lee Byung Hun pulled the trigger as soon as the rage came near to the car.

With a loud crash, the car blew up and one was blown away towards Yoona and Lee Byung Hun, making both thrown off. Lee Byung Hun unrolled the summoning scroll and threw to Yoona. When it came in touch with Yoona, beams of light appeared Yoona was back in the outside real world again. She was in the middle of a road.

*honk*

A bus ran towards her but she somehow managed to avoid it. However, she was slightly hit by a cab. She was so lucky that the cab pulled the brake on time.

Yoona fell onto the road and there was a crowd forming around her. ‘It’s such a relief I’m seeing real humans.’ Yoona thought to herself. It was quite dark.

Then, Lee Byung Hun arrived and pulled her up.

“This is my friend. I’ll send her home.” He left, pulling Yoona.

“You’re fine. A scratch in the elbow and that’s it.”

“My leg hurts.”

“The bone is fine. It’s just muscle pain.”

“Didn’t you say that people can’t see you?”

“I can make myself visible to them. But they are not seeing this face.”

“What do you mean?”

“theyre seeing a boy, same-aged with you.”

Yoona suddenly let go of Lee Byung Hun’s hand which was helping her gain balance. “What if they thought we are… in that kind of relationship? I’m a teacher. I can’t risk being seen like this.”

“Fine. I’ll go back to being invisible then.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course. But you need to stop talking to me if I do so.”

“Why?”

“You are the only one who can see me. You don’t want people to think you are crazy or something, do you?”

“Okay. Okay.”

The two walked for a while until they got to a place with few people and Yoona broke the silence.

“Anyway, what happened to us in limbo?”

“There were pointed iron poles in the place where we were about to fall. I sent you here so that you won’t get hurt.”

“Then you…” Yoona got wide-eyed and looked at Lee Byung Hun. There was a large patch of red liquid on his black shirt. She was too occupied with herself to notice.

“Oh, no! Arjussi!”

Lee Byung Hun nearly fell. There was no strength in his legs.

“I was controlling this with the healing spell and trying to go to my place. The spell is going to go off because we are speaking for too long.”

“Then what are we gonna do?”

“We’re going to the US National Stadium.”

“What? Why?”

“That place used to be the place to train demons in limbo. There is no one there now.”

Soon, they arrived at the US National Stadium. Yoona stood on the summoning scroll and entered the limbo world again.

“Wait here.” Lee Byung Hun went towards the lockers. Yoona was waiting patiently until she saw a pair of red eyes in the dark.

“I can’t stay here alone! I’m coming with you.”

“This is men’s locker room.”

“Oh, then I’ll go to women’s locker room.”

“There is no such thing as women’s locker room here. Why don’t you go wait in the weapon storage room?”

“Nae! Anywhere but here.”

Lee Byunh Hun took Yoona to the weapon storage room and came back. He then stood in front of the mirror and took his shirt off. In the middle of his abdomen was a hole, quite a big one. He took a scroll in the locker and cover it over the wound and wrap the abdomen with it.

Making a particular sign with his hands, he said, “Demon Style: Healing Jutsu.” The scroll glowed and slowly returned to normal. When he unwrapped the paper around his body, the wound was not there anymore.

Yoona, on the other hand, was looking around the weapon storage room. She couldn’t take her eyes off of a sword with a round handle and curved and sharp tip.

“Yoona!” She looked behind.

“Arjussi, are you alright now?”

“Yeah. The wound’s gone.”

“Really? How did you do that?”

“You don’t know that kind of things.”

Yoona noticed the swords on Lee Byung Hun’s back.

“Why are your swords white only at the handle?”

“These? These are Love and Peace.”

“What?”

“These two swords, they are the swords of angels. I got these when I went to heaven.”

He pulled out the said two swords. “We, demons, only have Hate and War, but angels don’t. They live in peace. That’s why these swords are named Love and War.”

“They are swords, for Pete’s sake. They are to kill people with. You don’t need to name them Love and Peace or something.”

“Well, it’s up to you. Rest for now. You look horribly tired.”

“Oh! What time is it now? My aunt must be waiting for me.” She looked at her watch but the clock hands were spinning, so she took her phone out.

“I have to go, Arjussi. It is past seven.”

“You need to be trained to defeat the devil.”

“I’ll come back tomorrow morning. My aunt will be worried if I am late. Besides didn’t you just tell me to take a rest?”

“Okay, then. You can go. But don’t tell anything about this to your aunt.”

“I won’t.”

Lee Byung Hun put the summoning scroll on the ground. “You don’t need to come here. I’ll fetch you tomorrow morning.”

“But how?”

“You’ll see.”

Yoona stood on the scroll and got out of the limbo. She looked around. She was in her neighbourhood.

“How did I get here straightaway? It’s good, tho. I don’t have to take the subway.”

When she reached home, her aunt was sitting in the living room, waiting for her.

“Why are you so late, Yoona? Do you know how long ive been waiting for you?”

“Oh… um… one of Boram’s friend threw a birthday party. I went along with her because she didn’t want to go alone.”

“You should have at least given me a call. I was waiting to have dinner with you.”

“I didn’t eat much there. Let’s eat dinner now.”

After having dinner and doing her routines, Yoona went to bed at around half past ten.

‘I wonder if Arjussi is coming tonight…’

Much to her surprise, Yoona slept soundly without dreaming.