another meeting; erse?

What youth is

This time I had the alarm off for my peaceful Sunday. I needed one day that fulfilled my habitual lifestyle. I had been going out of my way for others too much. I woke up at 11:00 with my thighs still sore from running 10K stupidly. Despite my intellect I have the most obscure common sense of anyone at my school. It's one of my humanly flaws.

I turn over and look at the wall holding up a list of important things to do this week. My fridge had been running low on food so in bold my past self-had written,

BUY FOOD ON SUNDAY

Sigh. I lay around in bed pondering about Jaqueline shortly before I take a cold shower. One where I spray myself and scream like a madman as I try to withstand it. In one week I went from being an Introvert to role model example for the school. It wasn't just for a stupid resume. The principal offered me this, to give me a taste of youth. Despite his positive intended actions, I was against the whole ordeal. I still hated most humans, even my own parents.

I slip on some jeans and a thin jacket to cover up my arms. I walk outside in a limping fashion. The closest grocery was on the square that I had run up to. The square was actually quite far from the city nearly like an island, my father's home was past our village further than the city. My mother on the other began to live in the city after a divorce.

Jennifer and I have been in our father's custody and I have been given my own place for that note. Back on track, the grocery store was on that square where Heidi had been sobbing silently, well honestly I'm just conjecturing that she was since I had observed it too small of a moment to know for sure.

Even though I'm an introvert, I know the story of Heidi. Heidi is unique in a positive way and hard to be understood. She runs a club which I will be joining, since it's the easiest one to commit to. It was compulsory for members of the school council to be participating in one club. Her club was peer support; her room was an old library of the school's where she would just quietly read a book whilst people came to have their problems solved. Jaqueline had actually recommended the club since it only had two members and wasn't that busy. Which was perfect for me she said. I felt like she was implying something else.

So on Tuesday I will be joining the peer support club. Till then it's just, well going to be a normal life.

I'm limping as my thighs refuse to contract despite the persistent nerve emissions from my brain. My muscles are whining like 5 year olds. Our town was nice though. It was actually a village when first established, a farming community that grew into a town with help from the nearby city, which built a square and train station. Most of the original magic is lost through urbanisation and architecture but the verdant fields remain. Those will always remain.

"gahh," I in a chunk of air. The walk had taken me 45 minutes. Which was 15 minutes to much for a goddamn Sunday. I walked up the hill slowly clutching the rail bars and using the stairs instead. The sloped gradient would only hurt my tendons. I clutch the rail bar and myself up each step at a time as I limp. I feel like a decrepit human being, an old man with no one left in his life.

"Awwwwwwwww," I reach the top in another 15 minutes extra. I lift myself up with the remaining strength preserved in my arms. I seriously need to build some upper body strength. Tears spring down my ears silently. The pain was exhilarating and I liked it but my body naturally produced tears. I force my eyes shut and wipe them off with my sleeve. Fluid diffused into the fabric of my sleeve and my eyes were dried. My legs were still throbbing. I clutch them with my hands and bend over to them.

"You alright?" A female's voice came beside me. I had been so focused on my thighs I hadn't even observed her presence. I coerced my eyes to open and turned my head towards her.

"Yea..." I mumble off. Heidi stares at me with pity as I clutch my thighs.

"You obviously aren't" She folds her arms and sighs. "I'm not stupid you know?"

"Yeah, I got no painkillers at home, I don't get sick often or get an ache,"

"Painkiller's wouldn't work, idiot," That was ironic. "They wouldn't do much is what I'm trying to say, Allan," She had been aware of my name this whole time. "How did you get first in the country, with that kind of general knowledge?" She was very critique.

"Doesn't matter, It's gonna rain so I'll feel better," I commented. Grey clouds had clustered over the sky like a fungus ready to fling their spores at me. I look up from the bench and see the first weak spits of water hit the ground.

"You like the rain?" She asks, more politely.

"yeah, it calms me down, I wish everyday was a rainy day,"

"me too," She looks down at the ground.

"I was actually here to buy groceries, but I gotta have a soak," I looked up at the small pellets beginning to fall like bullet shells onto the ground.

"Ha, that's nice, I'm here because I was told there would be rain, so I came here by the station," She observed the statures I had once been entranced by.

"Then why are you here?" I asked confused.

"Cause I like to soak with the statues around, they're all very inspiring." She flings out her arms as the pellets descended more violently. The bench is now beginning to put on a darker tone as the rain paints it.

"how's the peer support club going?"

"All right, we get more and more people, every time we solve a case; we need a new member, I heard you were joining right?"

"yeah I got to I'm the school council president."

"Must huh? Having to socialize with these s so much, it's kinda better to just shut yourself in for days on end,"

"I agree," I answer non-hesitantly. She jerks her head in my direction and stares with her brunette hair slowly drenching in the rain. Her eyes piercing into me like Jaqueline's. "Hmmm, so you're also an otaku?"

"Are you an anime fan?"

"No, but I know you are now,"

"Guilty as charged," I put my hands up sarcastically. I stare the side of her face left exposed in my vision. "Are you always so serious?" A question that has been on my mind since this conversation had instigated.

"Screw you," She gravels her teeth. Her knuckles curl up like a boxing glove. "I am pretty serious all the time, we're just in a ing club together not soulmates, ," She folds her arms yet again. Her eye brows are creased into a frown that everybody associates her with.

"What did I do?" I inquire with the absent common sense I continuously lacked. She jerks her face toward me.

"Just shut up, don't ruin this moment," The rain has now transformed into a full out storm. A strong wind is blowing and heavy violent shells of rain gun down on us like an ambush. Trees are bending against the wind non-willingly and the wind is now whispering like a demon. I was still excited. My adrenaline peaked. I jumped up despite my agonizing thighs I basked in the rain, soaking my hair wet as rain sprinted like tear drops down my face.

Heidi stands up too and soaks up the water, her chemise completely saturated and marginally transparent at this stage. She was wearing a pink bra. She turns her face to the sky and squeezes her eyes shut. We probably presented ourselves like weirdo but trust me, soaking in the rain is liberating to say the least. It washes away all you stress and problems like a shower.

Highlight of the week. Heidi's pink bra.