the offer; the council

What youth is

"Hey, Allan!"

I turn around to see Jaqueline. She runs up against me at an unobservable speed, and hugs me. I immediately want to scrunch up.

"get off me," I grit through my teeth. The rest of the students eye me for making contact with apparently 'one of the cutest girls' in our year. Sure It felt nice to get hugged but insanely embarrassing too. I push her away, where she walks back a little.

"That's how I'm going to greet the student council president." She smiled at me angelically. For once she didn't daunt me in any way.

"cool," I replied apathetically.

'Really, that all you're gonna give me?" She asked innocuously.

"Thanks, for the hug," I sighed.

I turned around and began to walk again when she caught up with me again. Her hair style was different now, it was shorter like shoulder length, and her eyes were even more distinct than they used to be.

"Just saying we have a meeting today after school," She updated me.

I nod my head and keep walking ahead, with my signature bored with life look. I don't mean to talk big but Its hard being genius, especially when you easily defeat every problem in front of you and are a few years away from being an official independent adult.

I had to say Jaqueline would end up second place, like she nearly always does, she seemed to have her life figured out as well, having a well-paying part time job in a high rise restaurant at a luxury hotel uptown. That's all I was aware about her.

"How's your job as a waiter?" She asked.

"Ahhhhh," She was intimidating me again. I have never seen her at my diner, and how would she know where I worked? "Great, I guess, minimum wage"

I still got around $50 for 4 hours, and $200 on the weekends, as well as bonuses. The boss was a really nice guy and everything so he would often give me a bonus, if I worked extra hard. Because my parents agreed to pay for the apartment, all I have to do is earn enough for food and clothes and resources.

"How much do you earn?" I asked back.

"Eh, around minimum wage as well." She replied back. We were also in the same class for this year as well. Turns out I was elected back in December around before the holidays and then when the new year started, the principal asked if I wanted to refuse this offer. I guess it makes sense, I could possibly be against it in the first place.

"Do you come to my diner often?" I asked.

"Yeah, the boss there is my old man's brother," She smiled. "He really loved cooking for people, it was like his passion, so he scraped enough money to start out his own successful diner. Inspiring story huh?"

"Hmmm yeah, I guess," I murmured.

"Has anyone told you, that you would be popular if you tried?" She asked. I stopped in my tracks, stopping her too.

"Who told you to incept that idea?" I questioned.

"No one..." She trailed off. I began to walk again, she's not the type to lie, but she won't pry either. "Is there a problem with that? Sorry,"

"No, Sorry, I got scary back there, I shouldn't be so callous and insensitive," I self-criticized.

"It's just that people think, you could be popular if you put in some effort into your looks, you always look like you just woke up, with the weirdest clothing choices," She observed me. "Besides you're the student council president now, you got to set a good example now," She counselled. I sighed and kept on walking ahead.

By the end of school, I walked towards the council member's area, where I was quite sure that I wouldn't ever have to walk through there. I push through the glass doors, and enter a well ventilated room counteracting the scorching sun outside. The floors are tiled up with polished oak, while the walls are newly painted, and many student achievements and paintings hung on the walls, including photographs of ious student councils.

Jaqueline was sitting in the middle on a cotton couch, sipping orange juice seductively and reading a newspaper collectively. While her skirt was shorter than usual like the other girls in the year. I had a feeling she didn't know I was there. So in turn I made a loud cough to announce my presence. She instantly sat right up, and looked at me slamming down her article.

"You're early," Still holding the glass of orange juice. After this incident I couldn't ever look at orange juice the same way ever again. "Want some?" she got up to the counter with all the microwaves, coffee machines and everything sat for cooking.

"Is this new?" I asked in turn.

"yeah, I guess so, it was renovated this year,"

She got out a jug of concentrated orange juice from the mini-fridge and placed it on the counter searching for a glass. She ed her hands up above her and began to open to cabinets one by one whilst exposing her lower backside to me. She was known as the athlete in the staff room, but I never really got a first-hand understanding why. She grasped a glass and placed it next to the jug and poured out a full glass nearly to the brim.

"Drink up," she passed.

"I bet you drugged this," I joked and chugged down the glass. I heard her utter a soft giggle as I finished off the juice.

"Liked it?"

"yeah," The orange juice was ambrosial, like holy nectar, like the honey of mortal delusion, it felt like a rush of euphoria.

"I made it myself," she bragged, placing her hand on her sternum.

"It's like really good, thanks," She got up again to give me a second shot.

"Thanks, my Grandma taught it to me, before she passed away,"

Boy did I want a grandma like that, sadly I never got to meet my grandparents.

She filled it up, again this time nearly to the brim again. I took the glass eagerly and began to drink it.

"Does this make you happy?" She asked. It was a rather unorthodox question.

"yeah," I answered back briskly.

"See, being around other people make you happy, you discover traits you like in someone, that's what friends are," She answered, with a beautiful smile.

The door open and another council member entered. He was a tall man, with broad shoulder, with a slender face. His dark raven coloured hair hung above his eye, making him look slightly gothic whilst his glasses shielded his eyes from everyone's opinions.

"Yo, Chris," Jaqueline greeted.

"Why is your skirt shorter?" he asked instantaneously. I looked back at her, even though I had already observed this.

"Well, I spilled some food, so I had to borrow one of my friend's really short ones."

"I see," He adjusted his glasses. He walked ahead over to me. He looked me in the eye for about half a minute or so. "You're the boring type," he shrugged off. "Jaqueline, you serious, how did he win?"

She looked over to us, and shrugged.

"Ask the principal," She answered back. Chris gave a sigh and sat down.

"Allen? Right?" He affirmed. I nodded my head in discontent. I didn't like him, but I also like him at the same time. I hated him for being overtly honest whenever he thought about something. But he was also very smart, because it seemed that he also lacked social experience. "Yeah, I had a feeling that's who you were," He looked down and begin to rummage through his bag. "My younger brother looks up to you despite your tasteless fashion sense," He criticized.

"That's what I told him in the morning," Jaqueline chimed in. She took off her shoes and began to slide off her socks. I began to shift my gaze back to Chris, who was quietly observing her whilst sipping from a carton of apple juice.

"Quit looking at her ert," I spoke out.

Jaqueline looked up promptly at Chris, who shamelessly pursued his gaze.

"It's not like I'm getting undressed or something, I'm just taking off my socks and shoes that's all, my feet hurt from cross country," She held on to her foot. "On top of that, I had slightly fractured it a week ago, so it still hurts," Her legs were clean shaven and feminine, despite her reputation as an elite athlete.

The door pushed open and two more guys came in with two girls walking behind them. One guy seemed like a soccer player while the other was unarguably an athlete but had a computer slung to his shoulders, wearing a nice buttoned up shirt, and denim jeans. The two girls behind them were attractive, one with raven black hair, and brown eyes, wearing the school uniform and a slightly longer skirt. Whilst the one adjacent to her was a brunette with tendrils protruding from in front of her ears, giving her a classic chime. She had brown eyes as well, and was wearing a slightly short skirt that exposed her knees.

"Hey Guys," Laptop figure greeted. Whilst football player and the two girl just silently smiled. They walked together like a mob, or FBI agents.

"Hey, Noah," Chris waved with a bored expression.

"Sup, Francis," Jaqueline waved vigorously. Noah was the laptop guy, while Francis was the soccer ball player. The two girls behind them sat down on the couch with some smoothies they probably skipped out classes on to purchase.

"how many more people left?" Asked Noah. He was a stylish guy, with manners and a moral code by the looks of its. I myself could see myself cowing down to him unlike Chris. Noah was probably the most polar guy at the school, they used always be lots of people in his groups.

"I think like 2 or 4 more."

"Ah, Hunter and June are away on a trip, and Nick is sick today," Chris answered. Everyone slowly nodded their heads and took their seats.

"Right then let's start the meeting," Jaqueline hosted. "Im Jaqueline Verns, the vice president," She sat down comfortably. I stood up next.

"I'm Allen, and I'm the president," I answered non-hesitantly. Just as I was about to sit down someone chimed in. "Whoa whoa, whoa, what's your surname?" Chris eagerly asked. He was obviously taking the piss out of me.

"Oi, shut your trap, it's his choice, if ya really wanna know go look it up on school records, idiot," Jaqueline interrupted. "sorry, next!" She ordered.

Chris stood up now.

"Im Chris Heywood," he finished abruptly.

"Hey, what's your position here," I asked suddenly. The rest of the people looked at me. Chris gritted his teeth and looked down at me.

"Well, Chris you have to tell your position, names are personal details, your position is a public and easily accessible detail, speak up," Jaqueline ordered. Chris clenched and unclenched his fist. He looked up and spoke.

"Media Liaison," He grinded his teeth. Hehe, er.

"Oh yeah, you were like really good and stuff in photography eh?" Noah interjected.

"Chris looked down and lightly nodded his head before modestly sitting down. Next was the raven haired girl sitting on Francis' knee. Francis unlocked his hands and allowed her to stand up. She dusted off her uniform fast and ed her hands behind her back.

"How-dy, I'm Josephine Cárdenas," She had this really anime like smile. "and I'm one of the event organisers," she gave a smile and sat down near Francis who had already stood up. He seemed like the impatient type of guy.

"Yo, I'm Francis Desoprhe and I'm in charge of communication with junior students." He sat down, with his loose soccer shirt exposing his muscular physique, while Josephine placed herself on his knee again. Next was Noah.

"Hey guys, I'm Noah Gracie and I'm like the information broker and am in charge of publishing and advertising events, whilst communicating with students in the senior grade." He gave a patient smile and sat down. Next was the brunette.

"Hey guys, I'm Natalie Deans, backbone and extra support, even managing and publishing and advertising, in charge of the intermediate grade." She gave a rather serious smile and sat down next to Noah.

'The rest are just assistants to the vice president or just event managers.' Chris announced.

"Well, now that we've got that out of the way, we should start planning for the Easter show," Jaqueline announced.

"Isn't that like in 2 months?" Chris asked exasperatingly.

"Well, then at least got to know what we will be doing for the major holidays and the school festival at the end of the year"

"True, Last year's festival had a crap load of problems" Francis added.

I rested my head onto my chin, and began to contemplate extremely complex scenarios on this year's school festival.

"What if we get the rock group to do a live concert." I interjected.

Jaqueline rubbed her chin and went into deep thought.

"Last year we had barely to no events, this year I was thinking of increasing student participation in house events such as athletics day, that way people can look forward to the school festival and see what they want to do." She advised. I deduced all the point and concluded that it was a good idea.

Noah had also agreed to setting up posters for athletics day. Which was to happen in 3 weeks. "If we add in novelty events, people might find it a bit more fun, rather being serious with track events and long jump etc."

"yeah, I suggest we got to get through to everyone," Francis added on.

Jaqueline clicked her fingers.

"let's talk to the teachers about adding new novelty events to athletics day. We also have a meeting with the other school, Crescent high, tomorrow so Allen, be well groomed, so well that a girl gazes at you!" She smiled.

Noah gave his cheerful smile and the meeting was concluded half an hour later, just a conversation on the year and basic plans for all events. Everybody soon went their separate ways till we were to unite once again tomorrow. I got up and began to leave when Jaqueline tugged on my arm.

"Hey, when said groom yourself well, I mean do it to surprise me, or entice me" She giggled and flopped onto the couch, sliding on her socks again.

"How long till you recover?" I asked politely.

"About another week or so minimum," She shrugged.

"Hey the sun goes down faster in winter, want me to walk you home?" I offered.

"Sure, I thought my Mum would flip out if I walked alone from school every day, so knowing you'd be there may make her feel better," She accepted.

Truth is in winter the sun goes down by 5:30, and knowing the streets at a time like this it's always best to walk in pairs or groups. I'm nog being selfish by using her to secure my own fears but it's a mutual partnership where we are going to walk together. Besides it's not every day you can walk home with an attractive girl. Being around someone attractive makes me feel human, whether having no friends to hang out with all the time, or a social media life, one friend can always compensate for that. So being the adolescent I am my impulse got the better of me and I ended up walking a girl to her home. Perhaps this is what the call a crush or infatuation as I would call it. It's an uncanny sentiment to be honest.

The sun was sleeping on the horizon, leading a hopeless war against the night. Jaqueline was walking along pretty undeterred from what is overpublicized on the newscast. While I was suppressing my natural instinct to worry about street violence. When I was smaller I was quite the opposite though. This was around the same period where I thought of the world as cruel and unfair. I use to take martial arts and was extremely good also. So I use to go around neighbourhoods searching for bullies to fight. Once I witnessed their crimes I would pick off the easy ones and tell off the older ones. It was a dangerous job to be honest. I don't know what in my right mind was I thinking to do that crap.

"hey Jaqueline, have you done martial arts?" I probed.

"Yeah, jujitsu, kendo, karate and a little bit of Kung-Fu," She looked down for a moment, "But never won any awards, was just good enough to get by, once I reached the highest tier of a martial arts style I moved on to the next, or if I had begun to struggle." She looked up at me. "I realised I didn't like hurting people, at all costs, so I stopped learning any martial art," she gave her signature grin.

"me too, I felt like fighting wasn't the answer so I stopped too," I reassured her. She giggled and began to playfully skip.

"and done," She turned around with a huge happy grin on her face. "thank you Mr. surprisingly polite gentlemen," then she hugged me. Serious or not it felt great. Its indescribable. Inexpressible. Unspeakable. A rush of emotions and chemicals flooded my brain, overdosing myself with oxytocin. Even though the whole ordeal took about 3 seconds.

"awwwwwwwww," A voice beamed out. I looked up, it was her mother at the door or like the entrance of the garage. "She hugged you this time," Jaqueline proximately let's go of me when she perceives her voice. Her cheeks are flushed and its obvious she's blushing. I suppress my giggly emotions as well. When did my life turn into a teenage rom-com?

"Well Allan, got to go, see you," She runs off with her bag flailing and her mother smiling ecstatically.

"Mom, shut up," She begin to argue as I leave. My house is just around a few corners, so I wasn't worried about walking alone that far, we were in the same district also.

Her house was awfully large, spacious and amazing in size in deign perspective. It looked as if her family earned a lot, like mine. With neat pristine designer windows and scintillating chandelier, an overall monochrome theme painted on the exterior really made it look more down to earth, and less stimulating than it actually was. The door was a large polished section of Oakwood with an electric type of alarm, but her mother had kept the garage open, so I assumed they didn't use the door unless no one was home. The garage was spacious too, with a complete television set and a bunch of couches. It was also stocked up with all types of adult beverages too, from well renowned brands.

"Hey, aren't you gonna go home?" Jaqueline yelled from her window. He had already changed into her casual home clothes, which seemed to expose more skin, like her collarbones, which were neat and distinct.

"Yeah, sorry," I turned around embarrassed already. I could hear her mother giggling by the garage again. Boy was she a happy woman.

"See you tomorrow at school, Allen!" She bellowed from her window. I curled up and sighed. She still didn't understand how much she was embarrassing me. I lifted up my hand, without waving or anything and begin to walk slowly back home.

The trees seem to cage the road, while a pair of headlights would occasionally expose my position, before letting me camouflage back into the darkness. From tomorrow I have to groom my hair and wear better jeans, the average white shirt was alright I guess. I have to make a good impression on the other school for our athletics day.

The cold wind seemed to ambush me every few moments making my rather short journey, lengthier and peculiar as I began to pay attention to the many construction sites buzzing in the distance. Our town was rapidly expanding as more and more people began to attend it and decide to reside here.

As a result, a lot of the council's budget is going towards urban expansion, meaning less natural wonders, such as the blossoming bridge and elegant lakes.

I soon reached my apartment which still hadn't changed at all, since I had last left it, at least from the outside. The windows were till shut at all times, and the wall was still painted white. Changes happen when you least expect it, so I try to observe what is around me before I never get to experience it. Sounds depressing? Well, teenage ignorance of such things are depressing too, how they always gossip about one each other, back stab, argue, and care about popularity or recognition. What they don't realise is how beautiful the world is.

Maybe I could enforce some rules, so people think from a new perspective, but I'm going to have to negotiate. Anyway, why am I talking about this? Because I was describing my apartment. Anyway, with my usual routine, I collapse onto my bed and begin my marathon of new series.

I live an interesting life.