Constantly Flustered

Beauty Behind the Specs
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Wow! Barely a day since I posted the first chapter and this story already has 2 upvotes and over 50 subs. You guys are amazing. Please enjoy this next chapter.

* Note: For future reference, dialogue in italics is spoken in Japanese.

As soon as class ended, Mina swiftly packed up her belongings to find Sana and Jihyo walk over to her desk, knowing why they approached her and nodded. The three of them were the top representatives of the student council so they had to set good examples and be good role models for the rest of the students. They were the ones who assisted the faculty with freshman orientation and planned out activities for those entering the academy and help them adjust to their new school life while also making things fun and engaging. Transfer students were no exception to this, which is why she knew the reason why Sana and Jihyo came over to her was because it was their duty to help the new girl in their class feel welcomed, and that they would welcome her together.

Still, Mina wasn't too thrilled this time around because she was worried it would be obvious on her expression that her greetings wouldn't be genuine but there was no way out, especially since she was vice-president.

The three of them gathered around Momo's desk, who was in the middle of putting away her composition notebook and her pencil pouch back into her large backpack. The spectacled girl looked up and blinked in confusion to the company that surrounded her desk. Before she could speak, Sana beat her to it and began speaking in Japanese. "Are you comfortable speaking in Korean? Or are you not proficient in the language yet to speak casually to others?"

Momo shook her head slowly, answering back in Korean rather than her native tongue. "My Korean is advanced enough for me to speak comfortably."

"That's good to hear." Sana released a sigh of relief and smiled warmly, gesturing to her friends. "I'm Sana and this is Mina and Jihyo. We're members of the student council here to welcome you to Park Youngjin's All-Girls Academy and to tell you to not be afraid to approach us if you have any questions."

"You must have good luck to share homeroom with us, not to mention with the academy's other two Japanese students," Jihyo added, also smiling.

Mina forced her lips to curl upwards into a smile of her own when Jihyo's words caused Momo's eyes to land on her. "You're Japanese as well?" Momo asked her.

"Yes," was Mina's simple reply, feeling her cheeks tighten unnaturally as she maintained her smile.

"I see. Thank you for welcoming me. I appreciate it." Momo bowed her head at each of them and grinned in a goofy manner in Mina's eyes. Sana and Jihyo talked a little more to Momo while Mina watched them silently from Sana's right, her facade of a smile still plastered on her features until the warning bell rang, signalling to the girls it was time for their next class. As they parted ways in the hallway, Sana and Jihyo began to walk while Mina took a moment to pause and frown at Momo's backside, mentally jabbing at the new girl's posture once more. That's when Momo turned around and Mina couldn't help but panic if she actually said her thoughts aloud. But the worry soon faded as Momo gave her another dumb-looking smile and a shy wave, posture still terrible, that caught her off-guard and swiftly turned her back to Momo to hide the fact the smile flustered her.

 

 

"Are you sure you're alright, Mina?" Sana asked for the nth time.

"I swear that I am," Mina insisted to her friends who gave her looks saying they didn't believe her claim. It was lunch time and the three of them were enjoying their packed lunches at their usual table inside the cafeteria. Mina mentally cursed herself that she's letting Momo get to her this much that it was seriously annoying the hell out of her, and the girl wasn't even trying. All the new girl was doing was standing there, breathing there, and just existing and it was affecting Mina to the point her friends could visibly see how stressed she was. Sana and Jihyo have known her since middle school so both were aware of her usual behavior and mannerisms. She is usually calm, collected, and rational no matter the circumstances yet here she was with a shattered composure since earlier.

"Whatever you say, Minari," Jihyo said, unconvinced, but digressed to a different topic when she caught Momo in the corner of her eye sitting at a distant table with two other girls wearing glasses as well. "At least t

Please log in to read the full chapter