You

The angel with no wings

“She was so beautiful!” She was back in Heaven, just to fawn over the new girl. “Her eyes were jet black with one ring of red, Wheein! Jet black!”

The other girl nodded as she listened to the loud squawking of the angel. Her gold-red eyes focused on the tea she was serving. Her eyes were like a fox’s, with a slit for pupil. Fox ears peeked out from her hair. She was dressed in a white and gold shrine maiden outfit. Huge tails (9) erupted from her hips.

“More beautiful than me?” Wheein joked as she set down the teapot lightly on the cloud table. Yong Sun scowled at the shameless remark.

“Aye, you’re a celestial fox. How can you be compared to a devil?” Foxes are known to be charming and amazing seducers.

Wheein shrugged and sipped on her tea before settling down the teacup excitedly, as if she remembered something important. “Instead of a devil, I saw a gorgon recently! You know what’s a gorgon right…” She stopped to make sure that the unnie in front of her was on the same page as her. Yong Sun nodded instinctively before feeling dumb, oblivious to the fact that the younger had been mocking her intelligence previously. Wheein laughed as she suffered hits from the elder but continued speaking nonetheless. “So, I saw this gorgon and she was so stunning! She had long black hair but the tips of her hair were snakes! Snakes, unnie, snakes!”

Yong Sun nodded excitedly, obviously influenced by the enthusiasm of the other.

“Her eyes were green and like a snake’s! Her tongue was forked! And and she was just so beautiful, it was breathtaking!”

They both continued to chat excitedly, one over a devil and the other over a gorgon but both beings from the underworld. Two celestial beings fawning over two beings from the underworld, what was the world becoming?

-

“Hye Jinnie, do you think I’m ugly?”

The startled girl set her glass down with a loud thud. Her eyes went huge, showing off her beautiful eyes. Even the snakes at the tip of her hair were up and hissing which was rare for Hye Jin who always had her snakes concealed up as real hair.

“Unnie, are you sick?” She pressed her hand on the devil’s forehead which was swatted away almost instantly with a click of tongue. “You’re the third daughter of the King! You’re one of the hottest and most wanted lady of the Underworld!”

Byul Yi couldn’t get the image of the celestial being out of her head. Compared to her, she was nothing. She was like the shadow while the other was the sun. They were of totally different calibre. Just like how the moon needs to sun to shine but the sun doesn’t need the moon because it is good on its own. She debated in her head whether to let the cat out of the bag or not. She did.

“It’s just that…” She chewed on her lower lips, “I saw this angel yesterday. She was so beautiful it was almost blinding and I cried.”

She thought about how lame she must’ve sounded. Crying because someone’s too beautiful but it happened and there was no other way to go around it.

Hye Jin simply stared at her friend. She didn’t say anything nor did she laugh at the girl. She simply observed her before giving her a hug. The devil who was so used to putting up a tough front was so heartbreakingly sad, it made the gorgon sad too. She didn’t even know a cold-blooded reptile like herself was capable of giving love and warmth to another.

“Byul Yi-unnie, you’re beautiful.” She stared into the devil’s eyes, as if reassuring the lady. “You are the most beautiful being I’ve ever seen. So much more beautiful than your sisters. Even the beauty of a succubus loses to you.”

Byul Yi smiled at the statement of comfort. It meant a lot to her to know that one of the most beautiful beings on this world, the succubus was less beautiful than her even though it was just words of consolation and comfort. Or at least that was what she thought when the gorgon simply spoke the truth.

The gorgon smiled at the sight of a smiling Byul Yi. A simple gesture such as a smile was enough to light up an entire room.

-

The wee hours came and it was time to get to work again. The angel flew straight to the location, now clear of where she was supposed to go.

She was met with the sight of the devil who was already there, doing her job and observing the dying man. Her black wings flapped to keep her afloat and her hair was flowing to the rhythm of the wind. The angel admired her and almost didn’t want to approach to distract the beautiful lady but that was all until a pair of scarlet red rings turned towards her.

Byul Yi had noticed the arrival of the celestial being. Her hands had stopped moving and her head was turned in the direction of the beautiful angel. Her blonde hair floating in the night sky like a bolt of lightning and her entire being shone in the darkness clearly. She was like a beam of light in the pitch darkness.

Yong Sun blushed when she noticed that the devil was watching her, finally aware of her presence. She snapped out of her trance and looked away, slowly flapping her way to the window where it showed the man sleeping peacefully on his bed.

This process usually takes 3 days. One for the registration of the soul in the afterlife, another for the biography and the last for the actual soul capturing. The information of the man was taken and sent to the Heavens for records and to Hell for reference. From there, the sins, punishment and achievements of the man would be noted down before finally taking his soul. His sins would result in a heavier punishment while the achievements would serve as redemption, lightening his punishments. All of these were judged and noted by the angels and the devils sent out to work, which in this case was Yong Sun and Byul Yi. (First day is the records and reference, second day is judgement and third day is capturing. Judgement is noted but will only be confirmed by the ruler of the underworld.)

“Bought a cake for a family who could not afford one.” Yong Sun mumbled to herself as she noted down each and every achievement he has. This is something only angels could see and do. The devils, on the other hand, could only see the sins of one.

Byul Yi glanced over at the angel who had been diligently writing away since the beginning. She chuckled softly. The soft mumblings of the angel were exceptionally adorable. It wasn’t common to see an angel so relaxed and child-like in this field of work. The angels and devils were separated naturally so usually, both would be doing their individual work silently and far apart from each other. There would be no contact whatsoever in the entire process which made the job more boring and mundane. This angel however, was interesting and she piqued the interest of the devil more so than ever. She was unbearably cute.

Yong Sun stopped her mumbling and writing, seemingly to have caught the soft chuckle of the other. She looked up from her paperwork only to see the devil watching her with a weird smile on her face. She grew red with embarrassment as she slowly came to the realisation that the devil was actually laughing at her. “W-What are you looking at!”

Byul Yi gave out a final chuckle before turning her head and attention back to her paperwork, with a smile still on her face. “Nothing in particular.” It was a lie. Even though she’s a devil, she does feel bad telling the angel the truth and hurting her feelings in the process.

Instead Yong Sun pouted and poked the devil twice on the bicep with her fingers. Her fingers were icy cold, much like the opposite of how Byul Yi thought it would be. “Don’t bully me. Tell me.”

Byul Yi glanced over, only her eyes moving to the side to see. It made her heart melt. The sight of the pouting angel was enough to bring anybody over the edge. It was like a secret someone would have.

“I was just thinking about how pretty you are.” The devil chuckled. The answer was partly truthful at the very least. Yong Sun blushed and laughed to cover up her embarrassment. One of her hand flew to cover and her eyes were crinkled into small crescents. She was so pure and so beautiful.

“You’re so greasy.” She swayed and her shoulder bumped into Byul Yi’s softly. A smile crept on Byul Yi’s face. She didn’t even need to look at the angel to know what kind of face she’s making. She just knew it in her head.

The two continued to chat and the sounds of laughter and noisy bickering filled the quiet night air. This was the start of the friendship between an angel and a devil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

This is significantly shorter than the first oh god hahahahahahah 

This is the start of their little fling keke lets hope it goes well................