For

The angel with no wings

“Daddy.” The girl stood before the throne. Her hair an endless blonde wave and her blue eyes a shade so pale it was almost white. A white toga wrapped around her slender body and covered her feet. Gold decorated her wrists and neck. A white-gold tiara hung on her head. Huge white wings spread out from behind her. The towering figure looked at her almost intimidatingly.

“What is it, Yong Sun?” His tone shockingly gentle and caring towards his daughter despite his looks. He was a God. The God of Messenger.

“Let me do work for you.” That changed the face of the towering figure immediately. He was at least 3 feet taller than her and she looked so small, almost too small beneath him.

“No, Yong Sun.” His brows furrowed together angrily and he crossed his arms. “You are a prestigious princess of this kingdom. No errands are big enough for you.”

Her brows, too, knitted together and she was adamant on doing a job. She was tired of sitting around, watching the servants go down to earth to do their job. The tasks given to the God of Messenger was to send people down to guide those who are dead to the afterlife. They are simply conductor of souls. “I want to and I will. If you don’t arrange it, I will banish myself from Heaven and live on Earth!”

Her father taken aback by the strong statement. His angry face replaced by a face of horror. It was no helping that his youngest daughter’s headstrong. He only wished for her not to be as stubborn. He had no other choice.

He sighed loudly before waving over an attendant. The attendant quickly came before him and was informed about the situation. A simple document was passed over to the princess.

“This is your case. It is simple so please come back as soon as you are done.”

Yong Sun finally beamed. Her wings flapping happily almost like how a dog wags its tail when it’s happy. She waved the document in the air and bid her father farewell before attending to the case. She was pumped. Finally, she gets to leave this place and live for the first time.

-

“Byul Yi.” A deep voice called out. It echoed through the caverns and reached the girl’s ears.

“Yes, father.” She bowed before his throne. Her hair was dark and wavy. Her skin contrasted harshly against the dark hair. Her skin white as snow. Her eyes consumed by the darkness. Only her irises were bright red against the pitch black. She had no eye-whites-They were all black. A pair of goat-like horns protruded out of the sides of her head and a black crystal headdress dangled on the crown of her head, a blood red jewel hung in the middle. She was dressed in a black off-shoulder gown with trumpet sleeves and a black slit from her right thigh. A bright red jewel hung around her neck and big black wings sprouted from her back. She was a goddess, but not quite the one people normally picture to look like. She was the daughter of the God of the Afterlife.

“You have a new job.” The attendant passed her the document silently. “You do not have time to idle around.” He was unlike the Gods in Heaven above. There was no such care and concern in Hell. People were not as benevolent and forgiving. It was truly suffocating to live eternity in this literal hellhole.

Byul Yi did not speak a single word, not even after she has been accused of idling. She just nodded towards her father before exiting the room. She was tired mentally and in general. Her silent calls for help would never reach anybody. She was condemned here for eternity.

-

“So, this is Earth…” The girl bounced around the busy street. It wasn’t quite the time for her to see her client yet. Her wings, tiara and garments gone as she changed into human form. No human was supposed to know that she was a being not from this world. It was against the laws of Heaven.

Her endless blonde hair now shorter as it swayed side to side from her waist. Her eyes a shade of baby blue, seemingly more humane than her previous silver-blue orbs. She had on simple clothes-a white sundress and brown leather sandals. A gold bracelet wrapped around her thin wrist. It was a communicator, something like a doorbell to Heaven. A blue gem embedded in the heart of the bracelet.

The metropolis was busy. It was noon. People were walking all over. The pavement was squeezy and packed and that reflected in the traffic too. It was sweltering hot and sticky arms were pressed against each other unwillingly. It was beyond uncomfortable.

Yong Sun, however, enjoyed the heat and the crowd. She enjoyed sweating and feeling the sweat and heat from others. It was new and it excited her. Never had she thought she would be walking on the streets of Earth. It exhilarated her.

Nobody could tell that she was an angel in the midst of the human. Even she, herself, could not tell any other beings in the midst of the human-beings. It was as though Earth was the matrimony of heaven and hell. Everything was concealed and it was the meeting point for people from Heaven and Hell. The thought made her even happier and excited. She never understood the separation between Heaven and Hell. She was only taught that people from Heaven should never mix with people from Hell because they came from a different nature and environment. They were the polar opposites of each other, much like the Moon and the Sun which rarely meet. Despite how they rarely meet, they were needed and without the Sun there would not be the moon, vice versa.

They exist because of each other but they were damned.

-

“Unnie, stop calling me out just to kill time before your job.” The younger whined. Her dark curly hair spread out on the bar table as she rests her head tiredly. She had a sultry look which was bewitching. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of gold-green and her pupils a slit, like a snake’s. She was dressed lightly in a simple white camisole and denim shorts. She was a y individual, a different type of y from the other.

“You’re free anyways aren’t you, Hye Jinnie.” The girl laughed. Her eyes had turned normal, with iris as dark as night. Her headdress and horns were gone. Her silk dress replaced with a white blouse and black ripped jeans. Her skin as white as ever.

Hye Jin rolled her eyes, her forked tongue flicking out once in a while. “Be more thankful, you idiot.”

They chatted over drinks and dim lights. It was still early so the bar was rather empty. The chattering was kept to a minimum and the soft music playing in the background fed to the ambience of the place. The place was Byul Yi’s favourite place to be at on Earth and the gorgon opposite her was one of her favourites to hang out with. It was simple but it made her happier than at home. She hardly thought like this but sometimes she does hope her home was like earth. It would at least be pleasant.

-

The clock strikes twelve. It was the first day of inspection.

Lights were turning out one by one and soon, the street was almost pitch black, with only a few lamps lighting the way.

The wings flapped in the dark sky and she was looking through the documents, finding the house of her victim. Her endless blonde hair flowed beautifully in the sky, the moonlight casting a beautiful glow on her golden locks. Her eyes were shining through the night sky and piercing even. She was back to her original form with her white tunic gown and gold accessories. The tiara on her head shining like a lighthouse. She was the goddess everybody had imagined to be.

Her black wings held her mid-air as she scrutinised her environment. Her eyes were enveloped by the darkness and only the red irises were illuminated. Her horns were in their full glory. The red gems on her headdress and necklace shone brightly in the night while the rest of her was concealed. She was the monster everybody had imagined to be.

Then they both stopped in their tracks. They found it.

Both flew down full speed, their hair going against the strong wind. One was the light and the other was the dark. Like the sun and the moon.

And they stopped again.

It was the first time they’ve seen each other. Silvery-blue eyes were stuck on the devil curiously, taking in the sight of her first devil. She had never encountered a devil before. She was never allowed to leave Heaven to know the existence of this creature.

Bright red orbs stared back at the angel. She had seen other angels in her line of job but this angel wasn’t like any other she had seen before. She was beautiful, so much more beautiful than any other angel. She was the true meaning of an angel and it wasn’t as if the other angels she had seen before were fakes but right now, they feel like fakes compared to the one right before her eyes.

All of a sudden, she felt ashamed and she hid her face. Compared to the beautiful angel, her white-less eyes and bright red irises were scary. Compared to the angel, she was indeed like the monster in children’s fairy-tales book. She felt ashamed of herself for the very first time. She, being the dignified princess of the underworld was ashamed and afraid of showing herself. What a cruel joke.

She could feel tears escape from her eyes. She wondered why. Maybe the sight of the glorious angel made her realised what cruelty and sadness her life was subjected to. It was like being shown to the light for the very first time. How could one go back after experiencing true heaven?

She wiped the tears from her face and got even more horrified than ever. This was what she really was. A monster who bleeds black and cries black. She, too, wanted to have crystal clear tears. She, too, wanted to cry like a normal girl. But her life was subjected to this endless cycle of self-mockery. Every time she cries, she would have to wipe black tears from her eyes. What an idiot she was making herself to be.

A hand rested on her head, in between her horns and in the middle of her headdress. It was warm, weirdly warm.

She turned her head slightly, peeking almost cowardly. The least she could do to save herself from embarrassing herself even further was to cover her black tear-stained face.

The angel petted her head comfortingly, her face contorted into one of concern.

“You’re the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.” It slipped out of the gorgeous being’s mouth. The devil’s eyes grew big. She was almost flustered at the ridiculous thought of the angel being able to read her mind. Of course, she knew it wasn’t true. The angel was just speaking her mind. But miraculously, her tears stopped flowing and she could finally save her tear-stained face to look a little bit more presentable.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” The angel smiled shyly at the unconscious slip of hers and extended her hand. “I am Kim Yong Sun.”

The devil looked down at the small hand. It was as pure as snow and her hands showed the refined person she is. It looked almost intimidating to shake. The devil shook her head and looked back up at the angel, now with a small smile on her face. “Moon Byul Yi.” She took the hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

first chapter up yesssssssssssssss

I feel like this might be byulie irl where she is constantly judged and compared to her members. She's not really confident in herself which might be the fact that she feels inferior compared to the others. She is always praising Solar's good looks and voice so she probably really looks up to Solar which might make her compare herself to her unknowingly sadded. I might be wrong but im just rambling at this point so don't mind me hahahaha

Alright, second chapter leggo!