Cheer Up Latest Chapter Reject

Dropped Stories RIP

Panic ensued over the pair as they ran threw the chaotic setting they once knew as school. No Mina there. No Mina here. What if she was stuffed into a garbage bin? They tried her phone, but no answer. 

 

The two met each other in the cafeteria. Is was just as much of a battlefield in here than it was out there. Even the teachers were in the battle. Just how big was the party to cause all of this?!

“Any luck?”

 

Seulgi shook her head

“No - Are you sure you check everywhere?”

 

Jeongyeon retraced her steps. She checked the first floor and third floor, she had Seulgi go through the second floor and rooftop. Every single classroom two times over. No luck.

“We didn’t check the principals office.” Jeongyeon looked at Seulgi hopefully.

 

Seulgi pondered for a second.

“It may be our only shot.”

 

 

==

 

 

The two reached the office. An eerie feeling came over them. The nameplate of their principal was gone and replaced by the family name “Myoui”.

They exchanged a look of confusion before opening the door quietly.

 

The room was dark with the only light providing vision was the big window which had an onlooker. The principal’s chair was faced toward the window creaking left and right slightly. It looked like the person sitting in the chair was watching the chaos outside.

 

The two jumped as the door slammed shut from the door’s heaviness.

 

_._

 

Jeongyeon and Seulgi went pale as the chair slowly turned around sinisterly.

The chair revealed to be-

 

“Oh - it’s just you guys.” An innocent and almost enthusiastic sounding voice carried through the eerie silence.

 

Both girls almost passed out from a mixture of scared, relieved, and shock.

 

“Mina!” Seulgi shouted and pointed at the sitting girl.

 

“What is this evil atmosphere you have?” Jeongyeon sighed.

 

The sitting girl scratched the back of her head and avoided eye contact.

“Uh, what do you mean?” She turned around in her chair to look outside.

 

Jeongyeon raised her eyebrow.

 

_Odd._

 

Seulgi sighed.

“Whatever — I’m just glad you're safe.” Mina hummed while facing the window.

 

 

Jeongyeon shifted in her position uncomfortably.

“Well then. I-I’m just gonna get to class then.”

 

Mina sharply turned around in her chair, catching the attention from both girls.

“I- uh I don’t think you should do that. Jeongyeon.”

 

Jeongyeon tilted her head and scrunched her eyebrows.

“Why? I kinda have to, Mina, I’m on thin ice at this poi-“

 

“No no no — I just don’t think it’s safe.” Mina’s face filled with worry and concern.

 

“Huh? Why?” Jeongyeon faced Mina, getting the small sense of urgency behind her voice.

 

“Jeongyeon, if that greaser finds you, you’re bound to be dead meat.”

 

The what? Dead meat? The hell?

 

Jeongyeon blinked.

 

Mina sighed and leaned on the principal’s desk — odd how comfortable she had gotten up here.

“Jeongyeon,” she wore a deadpan expression which frightened Jeongyeon on levels she’s too prideful to admit.

“Not only did you hook up with Mark, the leader of the greaser’s girlfriend, but you also beat his at that party.” Jeongyeon and Seulgi’s jaws dropped.

 

This was… bad to say the least. Mark Tuan was in a gang who identified as modern day greasers. Like the old time ones, but modern. Yes, they ad their garage hang-out, they rode motorcycles and drove older cars, and greased their hair back, and they weren’t the most respectful lot of boys.

 

They had some beef with Seulgi’s gang — think The Outsiders, but instead of the Socs being wealthy, they were just middle-class (Seulgi and Jeongyeon enjoy this film a lot and watch it whenever they have sleep-overs). This time around, the Greasers were the bad guys - at least from Jeongyeon’s point of view. Anyways, they had beef over a Soc “accidentally” scratching one of the Greaser’s cars. The whole thing was brought to a stand-still when the Soc who scratched the car was critically injured in a hit-and-run. It was obviously the work of a greaser, but no one dared to say a thing. From what Jeongyeon heard, that Soc is paralyzed from the waist down. It’s a terrible thing how much man cares about materialistic items over living beings— it’s sickening even.

 

It’s been almost a year since either groups have made any moves. It was peaceful at the school, almost beautiful how blissful school life for a normal student was. That peace wasn’t taken away by either groups, but by a smaller gang who were based off of the basketball team. Not every player was in the gang, as many of them wished to just focus on actually doing the sport rather than being a nuisance like the sporties — playfully dubbed by the Socs. Jeongyeon just so happened to get into something with of the member of the sporties and was blamed for pushing the kid off of the steps. Jeongyeon wasn’t in a group at all, but the sporties linked her to the socs and tried to start something. Of course, Seulgi gave no two s about such a small group, that she simply ignored them and provided Jeongyeon protection. Not that she needed it at the time, seeing as how she was suspended. Remember those kids that beat Jeongyeon up? Those were sporties. The reason why Jeongyeon didn’t want Seulgi to find out that she was beaten was so that she wouldn’t cause anything, yet here she is, causing an even worse upcoming battle.

 

“.” Jeongyeon put her hands on the back of her neck in stress.

 

“Jesus, Jeongyeon, you couldn’t have self-control just this once?” Seulgi rubbed her face in annoyance.

 

“I don’t even recall half of that party, so lay-off.” She spit out, pacing around the small area between the front door and the desk.

 

“Lay-off?! You understand what my group has to do now because you couldn’t think straight?!” Seulgi grabbed Jeongyeon by the collar.

 

Mina shot up from her chair.

“Guys! Guys!”

 

Jeongyeon scoffed.
“I didn’t ask for your help, superman.” She tried pushing Seulgi away, but Seulgi’s grip was that of a snake.

 

“Who else is gonna get you outta this?!” She yelled into Jeongyeon’s face.

 

Jeongyeon’s eye twitched.

“I can handle things myself!”

 

“Bull!”

 

Mina tried pulling the two apart.

“Come on! We have bigger problems!”

 

Seulgi softened at the touch of Mina, something that ticked Jeongyeon off.

With a “Tch.” Jeongyeon reluctantly decided to not pummel Seulgi’s face in, not for the bear’s sake, but for Mina.

 

“Right,” Seulgi shook her head and sighed, brushing her hair back.

“I’ll call up the gang then.” She took her phone out and walked to the corner of the room, engaged in serious conversation with her boys.

 

This left Jeongyeon and Mina standing side by side, awkward filling the atmosphere. painfully for both girls.

 

“Congratulations.” Mina said out of nowhere.

 

Jeongyeon looked at her before looking in the opposite direction.

“You too.” She looked down at her soaked shoes.

 

“For what?” Mina laced her brows, lost and curious.

 

Jeongyeon scoffed at her obliviousness. She knew that something was going on between Mina and Seulgi, but once she tries to get it out of either of them, they act dumb. Jeongyeon should’ve been more careful of who she trusted.

“Never mind.”

 

Mina hummed and moved over to her new desk and sat on it, feet dangling in the cutest way.

“Despite your current situation, I hope that you and that girl can overcome this and be happy.” Mina tried to smile, but it came out looking like she were acknowledging someone’s existence in lazy and shy greeting.

 

Jeongyeon squinted at the red-haired Japanese girl.

“As if,” She scoffed for the hundredth time that day before continuing, capturing Mina’s attention.

“She was nothing more than a fling. Just some crazy girl who thought she could have me.”

 

Mina raised her eyebrows and considered her life choices.

 

“She showed signs of being a manipulative in that cafe — there was no way I would ever be with someone like that. She’s not worth this trouble.” Jeongyeon spoke so poorly of this girl that Mina developed hate for a girl she barely knew.

“Besides,” Jeongyeon crossed her arms nonchalantly. “She was using me to make her boyfriend - whom we now know as Mark Tuan - jealous.”

 

Mina looked over Jeongyeon’s unbothered stance.

“Are you okay?” She asked, unsure about the delinquent’s heart.

 

For the first time that day, Jeongyeon genuinely laughed a kind-hearted laugh. Mina’s worry was as adorable as she remembered. What a great salvation to have such a beautiful goddess worry about you.

“Of course. Don’t worry about it. I don’t care for the girl or her feelings for me, true or untrue, like I said, she was just a fling.” She looked into the sitting girl’s eyes to insure her of her feelings.

 

Mina opened and closed it. Not only was she relieved, but she was happy. So happy that she could cry. Mina was also a little mad at herself for being so presumptuous.

“Oh.” Was all she could manage to say.

 

Jeongyeon laughed again and shook her head. Mina questioned her with her eyes, but Jeongyeon just shook her head again.

 

“What?”

 

“It’s nothing, Mina.” She chuckled again.

 

“Come on, what is it?” Mina pushed on, feeling a little more than self conscious.

 

Jeongyeon shook her head and sighed.

“There’s only one girl I would ever fight for, Mina.” She looked into the shorter girl’s eyes, as if sending a signal, hopelessly hoping that somehow, someway, she had a chance with her.

 

“She’s a lucky girl.” Mina smiled back at her.

 

Seulgi interrupted the questionable tension obliviously and seriously.

“Alright, kids, my boys are gathering up out in the courtyard. Word is that Mark’s gang is also gathering.”

 

Jeongyeon threw her head back, arms crossed and deeply sighed.

“A rumble?”

 

Seulgi’s voice deepened much like it always does whenever something is serious. For example: when Jeongyeon got the socs into a rumble last time and the time before that. Jeongyeon really is a hindrance sometimes…

“Not officially, but yes, it would seem that way.”

 

Jeongyeon matched her serious tone.

“Weapons?”

 

“Fortunately not.”

 

 

[End]

 

this one was the latest chapter of one of my old fics, Cheer Up. Writing this fic used to be so fun :(((

I must've REALLY been into The Outsiders lmbo ig it's cool.