Prologue

Reverie [BTSxShinee]

(2020)

(Scarlett’s p.o.v.)

The night sky is filled with fiery bright stars. It looks calm but the stars look furious. If someone saw us right now they would think that we are relaxed without any care in the world. That’s an illusion. They can’t feel the tense atmosphere around us. We didn’t sign up for this. This wasn’t a part of the plan. But then none of this ever was. I don’t know what to do anymore…..

“ We have to get away from here now” said a worried Yaxima.

“And how are we gonna do that?” asked a frustrated Ritzu holding onto something tht looked like an airplane seat.

There was a lot of turbulence. We were all trying not to los our balance and were holding onto the seats. We could only see a few feet ahead of us. I think we were in our private jet I think some crazy person had managed to get through the tight security and hijacked our plane. 

“ I don’t know. “ replied Yaxima.

“ You don’t know. What do you mean by you don’t know? Bakka l am gonna hit you right now” Ritzu's anger knew no bounds.

“ Stop it guys. None of us knew that this would happen” said Shera trying to calm them down.

  “ Scarlett don’t space out. Now’s not the time” said a worried Mika.

“ Guys what is happening? I am freaking out here” I said trying to hide my fear.

“ That’s very evident from your expression” said Shera sarcastically.

“ Ok stop bickering” we shouted.

Jimin hyung was starting to freak out. So were the others. The only ones who maintained a semblance of calm were Jonghyun hyung, Suga hyung and RM hyung. All the maknaes were on the brink of tears. Minho hyung was trying to comfort himself and everyone else.

“ I can’t breathe” Ritzu screamed out hoarsely.

I remembered that she had a fear of heights. Jin hyung and Jhope hyung rushed to Ritzu's side to calm her down.I went to Jimin hyung. He was on the brink of having a panic attack.

” We are all gonna die” Key hyung screamed dramatically.

“ Not helping” shouted a frustrated Minho. He was by Mika’s side.

Even Mika was starting to get agitated. We were all praying. Then all of a sudden the plane started slowing down. We were so relieved. Then it started going faster than before. We heard a voice coming from the intercom.

” You thought you would get away that easily did you? Well sorry to disappoint you my dears but we are going to haunt you for a long time." Then the speed of the plane increased and the last thing I heard was a crash before everything went black.

 

 

I woke up shivering. The familiar surroundings of my bedroom did nothing to soothe my racing heart.

This has to stop. It’s been a month. I have to tell the girls” I said out loud.

I looked at the time and got a heart attack. It was 6:30 p.m.

“ Oh crap. I’m gonna be late again.” My friends were gonna kill me. 

I had promised to be at the department store at 7:00 to help in choosing the outfits  for the BBMAs. I had meant to take a nap and had even set an alarm but I didn’t hear it.

‘Why does this always happen to me?' I thought angrily

. My head was aching like hell. I hurried into the bathroom and got the shock of my life. My head had a huge swelling. I put an icepack on my head and ran about and got ready. I ran out of my room and saw that the girls had already left. I had broken so many traffic rules by the time I got to the store.

Sorry I am late” I apologized to the girls.

But for once they didn’t get angry. In fact every single one of them looked like they hadn’t slept for ages.

“ It’s ok. We just got here” they replied. “

What?” I was starting to get the feeling that something was not right.

“Can we ask our stylist to choose our dresses? I have to tell you guys something” we said at the same time.

“Ok I’ll call her now” said Shera.

She made the call and gave a thumbs-up to let us know that our stylist agreed.

“Thank you so much. We are so sorry for bothering you. Bye” Shera ended the call.

  We went to our usual café and were greeted by the owner. She always gave us extra privacy. No reporters were allowed here. So we could talk peacefully.

“Ok call me when you are ready to order” she said.

Then we heard the front door opening and she went to greet the new customers.

“Hey what a coincidence. Were you planning to meet up with them?” she asked curiously.

“Meet who?” asked a familiar voice.

We turned and saw our friends- the members of BTS and Shinee  coming our way.

“Annyaseyo hyungs” we chorused.

“Annyaseyo” they replied.

They joined us but all of us remained silent. The atmosphere was tense.

“You guys look horrible” we said trying to make the atmosphere humorous.

“So do you” they replied trying to help and failing.

We sat in silence for a while.

“Ok what the heck people? We are never silent. What’s going on?” asked an irritated Ritzu

. “What about you guys? We are bruised and look like hell. You don’t know the amount of concealer I used today to make myself look presentable” said Key hyung freaking out.

“Ok calm down” said Mika.

” Yeah we have to tell each other what’s happening and try to find a solution” said Shera.

“ Ok but don’t call me crazy. I think I am being attacked in my dreams” said RM hyung hesitantly.

“Same here” we replied together.

What?” We almost shouted.

 We were getting really scared right now. “

I haven’t been sleeping for over a month now” said Yaxima.

 "Look I think we should talk with our managers” said Jin hyung.“

And say what hyung? That we are being attacked in our dreams?” Said Ritzu angrily.

“Yeah they are definitely gonna believe that” said Suga hyung sarcastically.

“ Ok stop. I know you are scared but don’t get angry at us” said  Yaxima.

"They  will just think it is a prank or that we are mad. They might even think that we got into a fight and are trying to cover it up” said Mika.

“What are you thinking Scarlett?” asked Jimin hyung seriously.

“Wow am I hallucinating? You are actually serious? You didn’t even tease me today. I am getting worried” I said.

“Hey calm down said Onew hyung

. ‘We must be mad. We need to think rationally' I thought to myself.

“Look guys I think that these are the aftereffects of stress” said  J-Hope  hyung trying to convince himself.

“No it’s not and you know it” said V hyung  frustrated.

“Hyung I think that he’s right. Even you sound unconvinced” said Taemin hyung sounding tired.

We were all so tired and frustrated.

“How are we having the same dream?” asked  Jungkook hyung sounding confused.

“ I think our minds may be connected in some way” said Suga hyung.

“But we can’t communicate telepathically” said Minho hyung frustrated. Mika seemed to become even more confused.

“I think only our dreams are connected” said Jonghyun hyung trying to make sense of the situation.

‘How?’ we wondered.

We all remained lost in our own thoughts.

' How did all this start?'  we all wondered.

I don’t think we expected this to happen. We didn’t sign up for this. I don’t know what happened but I had a bad feeling about this. I think I knew then and there that it would be a long time before we could feel safe in our dreams and sleep in peace….