Jaebum - Jealousy

GOT7 One-Shots

You and Jaebum had met when you both entered college. You were in the same classes for two years and you two had become close friends for some time now.
This semester you ended up choosing a class where you only knew Jaebum, none of your other friends were taking that class. This class had some assignments that had to be done in groups of 3, so you and Jaebum needed someone else to join your group or you risked getting split by the teacher.
At the first class you saw Minhyuk, a guy with whom you had worked on some group project before so you went to ask him if he already had a group. Thankfully he didn't so you and Jaebum found your solution for being together in a group.

As the days went by everything went as usual and the practical parts of the class you had with Jaebum and Minhyuk were going fine. They didn't talk much with each other but you thought it was normal, after all Jaebum didn't know him.

You delivered your first assignment and the next two weeks there was not much to do in those classes so you spent most of the time talking to Minhyuk while Jaebum spent the whole time looking at his laptop doing stuff for other classes. 
He never joined the conversations even when you tried to include him and you started to think his behaviour was a bit strange. Jaebum was usually really friend, even if at first he didn't open up much.
Sure, the topics of your conversations might not be the most interesting stuff, it was mostly silly talk just to pass the time, but Jaebum always kept a straight face almost ignoring the two of you. But as soon as the class was over, he'd turn to his usual self.

One day as you were having lunch with Jaebum before that class, you decided to try to figure out what was going on.
"Jaebum, can I ask you something?"
"It's not like you need to ask permission, what's up?"
"Do you have any problem with Minhyuk that I should know about?" you asked trying to read his reaction.
"Nope, nothing." He answered plainly without taking his eyes off the plate.
"I don't think that's true." you tried insisting "You almost never talk to him and when you do it's about work. If we're talking in class you never join us. That's not normal of you."
"I have nothing interesting to tell him, besides classes are not exactly a place to be socializing." He now looked at you with a blank expression. You were starting to get agitated by this.
"You say that as if you never spent a whole class talking to me." you answered him.
"That's different, we're friends." he said, this time smiling at you.
"Fine, if you don't want to tell me, don't. But I know I'm right, I know something's not right between you two." you puffed your cheeks as you dropped the subject.
You both finished your lunches without much talk.

In class, you were given some exercises to do. As you finished each one, you'd compare your results to Minhyuk's and Jaebum's and everytime one was different from the others you would discuss what approaches you all used. On one particular exercise you and Minhyuk had different answers but Jaebum hadn't finished that exercise yet so you and Minhyuk started a friendly "fight" about which one of you was correct. You told Jaebum to tell you his answer when he finished and he just hummed in response while looking completely focused on what he was doing.
Minhyuk also tried to . "Hey Jaebum, that exercise is taking some time. Need some help getting the right answer?" this last part was clearly meant for you and you just stuck your tongue out at him.
Jaebum was a really good student and you could see that he didn't like what Minhyuk said one bit as you saw his eyebrow twitch.
"I'm done." He finally said. "You're both wrong actually." 
He explained the exercise to you, almost completely ignoring Minhyuk, that came closer to you to see Jaebum's explanation. 
When the class ended you and Jaebum split ways with Minhyuk, who thanked Jaebum with a big smile for helping him understand the exercise. Jaebum just nodded with an almost invisible smile. "Sure, no problem. See you next class."

Ok, so you had enough of this. Minhyuk was such a nice guy and Jaebum was being an idiot to him and that started to really irritate you.
You went together with Jaebum to the subway to get home and you spent your walk to the station thinking about how you should deal with this, but nothing came to mind...
As you were waiting for the subway, you were driven out of your thoughts by Jaebum, that had been quiet since he said goodbye to Minhyuk.
"Something on your mind? You're really quiet."
His question came in perfect timing. You were definitely going to tell him what was on your mind. "What's your problem with Minhyuk? And don't even dare to answer that you don't have a problem with him. He always tries to be friendly to you and you're always so cold with him. You're not like this, I know you so tell me what the hell is going on!" By the time you finished speaking you could feel how red your face was and you noticed that halfway you might have started to speak a bit too loud. Your confirmation was the stunned look on Jaebum's face.
"[Y/N] please calm down." He said calmly has he got closer to you. "No need to yell at me, you know how much I hate to be yelled at."
He didn't sound too happy but his face remained completely calm, you couldn't read anything in his look. 
"I know but you're actually deserving it. Minhyuk is such a sweet guy, he's so nice to you and to me too..." as you were speaking you could see Jaebum's eyebrow twitch just like it did previously and there you knew what was the problem. "Don't tell me... There's no way you could be like this because of that."
"Because of what [Y/N]? I have no idea of what you're talking about." He told you after getting to his previous calm expression that had disappeared for only a moment.
"You're jealous." You simply stated looking at him for a reaction.
"Jealous? You've got to be kidding me, what's there for me to be jealous about?"
"You can stop pretending Jaebum, I saw the way your face changed the moment I started to say nicce things about him. So what, you think I'm going to start to hang out more with him than with you? Is that it?"
"Well, if you can read me that well why don't you look at me and try to figure out if that's it?" His expression shifted but you couldn't quite understand what was going on in his mind.
"Come on[Y/N] how about you tell me what I'm feeling right now?" He faced you getting even closer than what he was a moment ago.
You could now see the dare in his eyes as well as the amusement probably caused by the colour your cheeks must've turned by this sudden closeness. You averted your eyes from his. "Jaebum, stop playing around and answer me. I want to clear this out once and for all, you have no reason to treat Minhyuk the way you do."
The moment you finished your sentence he turned his most serious look since you started talking. Agter sighing, he finally answered.
"Could you please stop talking about him? Yes, I'm jealous of the way you started to talk so much to each other. I'm jealous of the way you keep talking and laughing with him in classes, always smiling at him. And it really pisses me off that you can't stop talking about him for a minute, telling me how great he is. Are you happy now?"
It took you a moment to process all that. To process that Jaebum had actually confessed to be jealous of the way you and Minhyuk got along. And you couldn't be happier. There was nothing serious going on between those two, it was just a silly scene playing in Jaebum's head. All you could do is start to laugh to  yourself.
"Come on [Y/N]. What's so funny?" Jaebum looked a bit lost seeing you laugh and that only made the scene more funny. You hugged him and finally answered him. "I'm very happy now. I thought that someday you might get into a real fight with Minhyuk, but turns out you're just seeing things. That's nice." And now it was you who needed to know if you were imagining things where they didn't exist. "And by the way, who are you to be jealous because I get along so well with another guy?" You relased him from the hug and looked up at him smiling, so he wouldn't think you were angry at him.
Now it was his time to turn red, much more than what you thought was possible for Jaebum, you had never seen him look so embarassed.
After a moment, his expression returned to the confident Jaebum you knew so well, although the red didn't disappear.
He touched your face leaving his hand on your chin to make sure you didn't turn your face the other way, to make sure you wouldn't go anywhere. "I'm the one that always wants your attention, that wants to see your biggest smiles. And I'm not letting anyone take you from me." 
You didn't have time to respond as he closed the distance between you giving you a soft kiss.
Alright, now you couldn't be happier. The thing you daydreamed all the time was finally happening. Jaebum liked you, he wanted to be with you.
As you broke the kiss, you wrapped your hands around his neck. "You idiot, you really thought anyone would take me away from you?"
"Well, by the way you were always so nice to Minhyuk I don't know..." He wrapped his arms around your waist as he kissed your cheek.
"So now you can start to get along with him right?" You asked him, expecting a not so nice answer.
"Sure, whatever you say." He answered smiling at you.
That one caught you off guard. "Well that was easy."
"Of course, the first thing I'm going to talk to him about is how great my girlfriend is and how he should not get too close to her."
You knew that there had to be something like that for him to give in so easily, but still it was a victory. A very nice victory for you, not only you solved the problem with Minhyuk but you also got Jaebum as your boyfriend and you knew everything was going to be so much better with him around, with him all for you, without fearing that someone would come and steal him from you.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone. 
Another one to add the collection. Please feel free to tell me what you think about it.
Once again, I'm not sure who I'll write about next, but I'll try to be faster.

Thanks for reading :)