Jinyoung - Rain

GOT7 One-Shots

This had been a really tiring week, with lots of reports to write but finally it was friday and everything was delivered in time. As you left school with your friends, you all decided that the next day you'd go out for lunch to celebrate the end of what was probably the worst week of the semester.

It was saturday morning and you woke up from your first well slept night in two weeks. The sun was shining through the blinds predicting a beautiful spring day but it was still early so you decided to stay a little bit more in bed. Today you were having lunch with your friends so you started to think about what you should wear. It was not like you were going to a party after or anything, but today you had the time to think about what to wear, so why not give some thought to it? There wouldn't exactly be a competition for the most well dressed girl either, since you were the only one in your group of friends, but how about just surprising the boys for once? You were always dressed casual for school or for when you were all hanging out, so maybe today you'd try something different.

When you got out of bed, you had a really nice dress in mind, so you went to your dresser to get it. Once you had it in front of you, your initial choice was confirmed and you changed to the dress.
When you went to have breakfast, your family just stared at you, confused as to why you were so dressed up.
"Aren't you just going out with the boys?" Your mum asked.
"Yeah, I just felt like wearing this today." You answered carefree
"Oooh maybe there's someone she wants to impress" Your younger siblings started teasing you but you just ignored them.
"Today is supposed to rain, you know?" Your father, that had been watching the morning news told you.
"It was really sunny when I woke up, it's fine." You said as you ate your bowl of cereal.

It was almost time to go meet the guys, so you got ready to leave and went to say goodbye to your family. Your father warned you again about the rain when he saw you without an umbrella, but you still went out not taking it with you.
The restaurant wasn't far, about a 20 minute walk and you'd be there.

As you were halfway to meeting your friends, the sky started to get darker and it started to rain.
At first it was just a few drops, but as it continued to rain, it became more intense and although you sped up, it was still enough to leave you wet before you could get to the restaurant.

When you got to the restaurant, some of your friends were already there. Jinyoung, who had been the first one to arrive, as usual, looked at you and even before he started to speak you knew you were in for a lecture.
"Hi guys!" We greeted them with a smile on your face.
"[Y/N] What were you thinking not bringing an umbrella? And what's with the dress, didn't you have some jeans to wear? You're going to get sick like that." Jinyoung started nagging you like you were expecting. You and your other friends were already used to it, you just looked at him with a mocking pout when Mark, one of your other friends, interrupted him.
"Jinyoung, that's enough" he said laughing "Don't mind him [Y/N], I think you look really nice in that dress."
"I didn't mean she didn't..." Jinyoung punched Mark's arm and tried to excuse himself as your remaining friends arrived.
"Hi everyone, hey [Y/N] I don't think I've ever seen you in a dress, is there a party after lunch?" one of your friends asked smiling at you.
"Well it looks like a girl can't wear something different from what you're used to see, you get all shocked on me" You answered in a playful tone.

Throughout lunch you all talked about your hellish week and how happy you were it was over, telling each other some funny things that happened while doing your reports.
Jinyoung seemed a bit quiet for his usual self and you kept looking at him to see if he was alright and most of the times he was already looking at you, but he'd always look to the other side when your eyes met as if he was still mad at you for not bringing an umbrella. You found that increddible funny, one of the times you just stuck your tongue out at him and you were able to get a small smile from him.

When you left the restaurant, it was raining again, this time the rain was heavier than before so you knew you'd get soaked on the way home. You said goodbye to your friends that went home one by one, but Jinyoung kept staying behind. He insisted on walking you home so you wouldn't catch a cold. You tried to refuse since his house was the opposite way but he didn't give you a choice.
"You don't need to go with me, Jinyoung. You know I love rain and it's not that bad. I'll change once I get home. I don't want to feel guilty if you catch a cold because of me" You pouted at him.
"Well, that's what you get for leaving without an umbrella with this weather. So now if I get sick it's on you." He said with a serious face, but you knew him well enough to know he was just messing with you.

As you two walked to your house talking casually about anything, to help the situation wind joined in, allowing the rain to hit you sideways, leaving one of your sleeves a bit wet. 
When Jinyoung noticed, he put on his nagging face which you knew so well.
"Why didn't you tell me rain was falling on you? That way I'm taking you home for nothing, you'll get sick anyway. Just come closer and wrap your arm around mine." He said strickly and you obeyed to keep him for lecturing you anymore. You could feel your cheeks warming up so you knew you were getting red, but Jinyoung didn't seem to notice as he kept walking while sighing at you like you were a child that had done something wrong.
"I already told you a thousand times, I love rain so it's okay" You said while holding onto his arm.
"I know that but I still don't get why you would love walking around in the rain trying to get yourself a cold."
"I just like it, alright? It's a nice feeling just letting the rain fall on you, not worrying whether you'll get sick, I usually don't get colds so I don't have to think about that. Besides, I always thought rain made most things more romantic..." Jinyoung looked at you, eyebrow raised and when you noticed him staring at you, you just continued "Maybe I've watched too many movies" you said laughing trying to hide your embarrassment.
"Yeah, I guess you have" he simply answered looking forward again and picking up the pace he had dropped to look at you.

Really close to your house there was a small park where you usually hung out with the boys on summer days. As you neared the park, the wind stopped and the rain starting to pour a little more gently than it had been for the past few minutes.
"It looks like it will stop raining soon and we're almost there, you can go back if you want to, Jinyoung."
"No, I want to do something first." He answered as he turned to the park instead of your street. You turned with him since your arm was still wrapped around his.
"Sudently you want to go to the park? Aren't you afraid you'll catch a cold?" You asked trying to imitate him on the last part.
"Very funny, if you want to go home first, I can drop you there."
"No, no. I'm all in favour of walking around in days like this" You smiled at him.

The park was completely empty as it was expected considering the weather, but that was exactly what Jinyoung wanted. He stopped near a bench making you stop as well. He closed his umbrella, leaving you both at the mercy of the rain that kept falling, and placed it on the bench.
Then, he grabbed you by the waist pulling you closer to him. Your cheeks instantly started heating up and this time you knew he'd see that since you were closer that you've ever been. You weren't exactly complaining considering you liked him for some time now, it just made you really nervous. You had never seen him stare at you like this.
"Jinyoung, what are you doing? Do you really want to make me feel guilty when you catch a cold?" You tried playing it cool but your heartbeat kept racing every second that passed.
Well, at least you didn't have to wait for an answer as he pulled you as close as he could and crashed his lips into yours. 
"I may not be the most romantic guy in the world, but maybe this is romantic enough for you?"
The only thing you were able to do was smile at him and nod. 
"And by the way, you look beautiful in that dress." He added, his cheeks blushing a bit.

You still couldn't believe what was happening, after endlessly dreaming about a scene like this, Jinyoung just kissing you on the rain. You couldn't ask for anything more. This time, you were the one to pull him down for another kiss, just to make sure you weren't allucinating or something like that.
You were still holding tightly to him, head on his shoulder, when the rain resumed its more agressive state. You tried to let go of Jinyoung to grab his umbrella, but he kept holding you.
"We may actually get sick, you know?" You returned to put your arms around his neck.
"Oh really, so now you're worried about that?"
"No, I'm really happy like this, I just don't want you nagging me because of it."
He laughed at your answer as he gave you a kiss on the forehead before letting you go and opening the umbrella. "Let's get you home."

When you got home, Jinyoung closed his umbrella so he could wrap his arms around you and kiss you goddbye, but you weren't happy with just that.
"Where do you think you're going?" You asked, leaving him with a confused look.
"Home?" 
"In that state? I don't think so... Come in, I'm not letting you go anywhere while your clothes aren't dry." You pulled him inside.
"It's fine, don't worry about it, I'll just go home and change." You could feel his nervous tone as he followed you hesitantly.
"Nobody's home, so just come to my brother's room, I'll get you some of his clothes."
Since you had been friends for some time, he already knew your family. Your brother was a bit shorter than him, but their clothes should be roughly the same size.
"When you finish changing just come to my room, okay?"
"Yeah... thank you" You left Jinyoung in a flustered state as you went to your room also getting out of your soaked dress changing into your pyjamas and sitting on your bed waiting for him.

Your door was open, but he still knocked before coming inside and you found it adorable, you had never seen Jinyoung acting so shy. You got up and went to the door to bring him with you.
"So, what are we doing now?" Jinyoung asked after kissing your cheek.
"Nothing..." You smiled at him as you led him by the hand to your bed.
You pushed him on to the bed and you lay beside him, snuggling your head into his chest.
"We're just going to stay here watching and listering to the rain falling" you said as you turned to face the window, leaving you with your back to him.
"Okay, I can do that" he said cuddling you, pulling you closer.

"So, are you going to start liking rain too?"
"Well, if it wasn't for rain I wouldn't be holding you now, would I? So I don't think I have a choice. Unless we both get sick."
"If we get sick, then we can just stay like this all day long until we get better." You said laughing, waiting for another lecture on how you shouldn't say stuff like that.
"Well, now if I get sick I know where to come" To your surprise he answered nuzzling your neck.
Today, you just learned to love rain even more.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone. 
I hope you're liking the stories. Please feel free to tell me what you think about this one, too.
I'm not sure who I'll write about next...

Thanks for reading :)