The Day Han Yeoreum Started to be a Celebrity

Fate

 

There’s something fascinating about this building. When you see it from afar, it might looks just like another square building. Everything seems different when you started to walk in the building. I didn’t know how but it feels like home. You could find cafe and restaurant here. Their cupcakes and maccaroon taste awesome. Last time I went here, I spent three hours more just for sitting at the cafe and looking something cute at the store below. It’s my third time, but still this place amazed me. 

I have to attend a meeting at 10 but It’s still 9 am, so I decided to just wait at the cafe. And it’s packed. Is it the school break season already? Because I saw teenagers looking at the entrance with hoping that their bias come in in an instant and ready to scream out loud.

I webt straight to the counter and choose a cupcake that I really like and an ice americano. There’s no table left except the counter high table. So I sat there, sip my coffee, and ate my cupcake, and suddenly I heard 3 girl from the table behind whispering. Not really whispering because I could hear them clearly.

 

“Is that girl on the counter table the Running Man girl from previous episode?”

“Oh, that girl with idol skills? Where? I really like her!”

“Really? I saw the episode but I’m not really sure it’s her. What is she doing here?”

“Is she a fangirl of someone? Who is her bias?”

“Maybe...” “Maybe what?”

“She is scheduled to have an audition here? Or already pass the audition since its been weeks after the episode aired? Maybe she is SM type?”

“Well I thought so.. She got the skill tho..”

“Wanna try to ask her ourself?”

“Yah! It’s really her! She’s already on SM’s website under Actor’s list! Her name is Han Yeoreum! You should see this!” “Daebak! She is already 24 years old and passed SM audition? Daebak!”

“Omooo, it’s really her! We should approach her!”

 

What is this feeling? Finally someone knows me except my friends and my family. Then I could feel someone approach me.

“Excuse me Unni, are you Han Yeoreum Unni from that Running Man episode?”

“Err, well, yes..” Sooo, I was famous as ‘that Running Man girl’. It’s okay, I liked it. Remind me I should thank the Running Man team later.

“Unni can we take a picture with you? We really like the episode you were in. We were really amazed by your idol skill.”

“Yes, Unni, can we take a picture? Please!”

“Okay, you can have the group photo and one by one photo too!”

“Daebak! Thankyou Unni!”

“You’re welcome pretty girls!”

“By the way Unni is it true that you had sign the contract with SM? Which one is it SM the parent company or SM C&C? Where is your manager? Since artist or actor always with their manager”

“Yes, I signed with SM the parent company just couple days ago. Actually I don’t have a manager yet. I have a meeting today by 10 to see my manager for the first time. It’s exciting, is it?”

“Wow daebak we’re really lucky here to meet the new SM actor! We hope you have a good career ahead Unni and more famous than ever so we could brag in the future that we were the first one who asked pictures with you!”

“Thank you! I promise to work hard starting today. Thank you for recognizing me too. Nobody recognized me except the three of you.”

“Actually they know Unni. Look at them, they looking at us right now but they didn’t have the courage to approach you.” “They looked envy at us.”

“Well, thank you girls. But I’m sorry it’s nearly 10 am now. I have to attend the meeting upstairs. I hope to see you in another time, here or elsewhere. I’ll print the photo that we took together to remind me to work harder. Bye girls!”

 

 

It’s nearly 10am. I walk straight to the front desk.

“Hi, I have a meeting today at 10...”

“Good morning Miss, can I have your ID please.” 

“Here it is.”

“Oh, we’re sorry Miss Han Yeoreum. You shoul tell us that you are SM’s new actrees, but why you didn’t have the card yet?”

“They didn’t give me one. Maybe today since it’s my first day. I don’t even have a manager yet.”

“Here’s the guest card for you to use for now, we think they will give you one on the meeting. You could proceed to the meeting room on the 2nd floor now, the receptionist will guide you there.”

“Thank you.”

 

——————————————————

 

The meeting was great. I met my manager and the drama producing team from SM C&C too. SM made a promise to speed up my career process, that’s why in the end I choose SM as my agency. They made some promises to debut me as an actress, then in the near future they will make me a singer for SM Station. I’m going to be a real celebrity! 

The man who walk beside me is my manager. He seems nice and handsome too. I bet my bestfriends will love him.

“I’m going to personally introduce myself. My name is Lee Jiho and I’m your manager starting today. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“I’m Han Yeoreum. Nice to meet you too. I think you’re older than me, so what should I call you? Lee manager or manager oppa?”

“It’s up to you, Miss.”

“Okay I’ll just call you manager oppa then. What is my schedule today?”

“First thing first we’ll go to your new apartment. I personally helped to choose the apartment. It’s in my neighborhood so it’s easier for me to reach you. And then we will go to your dance training at the afternoon.”

“Okay, thank you for helping with these things. Oh, is that BoA and Yunho coming out from conference room? Should I say hi?”

“Yes, I think you should. You have to befriend with everyone in this company. They are your family too, we live under the same roof right?”

 

I slowly aproached them. I don’t know what they’re talking about. Maybe a collaboration? I don’t know.

“Hello, my name is Han Yeoreum, I am a newly recruited actress by SM. It’s nice to meet you both. I’m you fan!” I greeted BoA and Yunho brightly.

“Hello Yeoreum-ah. I’m BoA. Nice to see you too.”

“Nice to see you too Yeoreum-ah”

“Is she on C&C oppa?” BoA ask my manager. She seems close with my manager. Later I know my manager are close friend with BoA’s manager.

“No, she is directly under SM. Don’t underestimate her, you should check out her skills on Running Man’s recent episode. She’s awesome!” I’m feeling embarrased now how my manager talk about my skill in front of the Queen and King of K-Pop.

“Ah, it’s nothing compared to BoA sunbae-nim.”

“I’ll check it out later. It’s rare right, Yunho oppa? It has been like forever since SM sign an actor/actress under their hood. Usually they go straight to C&C.”

“Indeed. I don’t even know they want to handle her themself.”

“What is your work in the near future Yeoreum-ah? Just call me BoA Unni, and he, Yunho Oppa. I actually hate to be called sunbae. It made me feel old.”

“Yes, call me Oppa too. It’s okay. We’re family.”

“I’m being a supporting actress for an upcoming drama produced by SM C&C. And a duet with F(x)’s Krystal for SM Station. But for now I’m starting to undergo training in acting, dancing, and singing.”

“Heol, already packed schedule! I think I should check your appearance in Running Man and after watching that maybe I’ll know why, right Oppa?”

“Yeah, we should check it together later before practice.”

“We’re sorry Yeoreum-ah, we have to go to the basement to practice. I’ll see you soon! Bye!”

“I’ll see you soon Unni, Oppa!”

 

——————————————————

 

“So this is it, your new apartment. You can live here starting today. It’s a 2 bedroom apartment.”

“It’s actually too big for 1 person, oppa.”

“You may look around now. Your password is your birthday. 071994. This is my number, I already have yours. If you need anything just call me. I’m going somewhere now. I’ll pick you up at 5. I’ll call you when I arrived here later.”

“Okay, arasseo oppa!”

“Oh and this is a gift from our agency. A dance training outfit from head to toe. You could wear it later. Now I’m going. See you later!”

“Bye oppa!”

 

This apartment is quite cozy. It’s fully furnished with white and grey furnitures so it looked elegant, but rather boring though. I think I need to go to flower market to buy some greens to lighten up my apartment. 

First thing you see when entering the apartement is an open room for living room, dining room, and kitchen. And then I have two bedroom, one with a bathroom inside. Besides, there’s another bathroom with a laudry room near the kitchen. Somehow I feel like I’ve seen this apartment design somewhere but I’m not sure where. Maybe on tv? I don’t remember.

It’s almost 2 pm, my stomach is grumbling. I thought I should check the fridge, but it’s still empty. I could read the situation I’m going into, so before we arrived here, we went to a mart nearby to buy lunch. But still the fridge is worth checking, right? Who knows they gave me plenty of foods too.

 

——————————————————

 

It’s afternoon already. After I ate lunch, and watched tv, I dozed out a little. At 4.30 Jiho Oppa called and asked me to get ready for dance practice. Then I took a shower to freshen up my body and my mood. Put on my new clothes, and get ready to be picked by Jiho Oppa.

At 5 my manager called me that he’s already in the basement, so I rushed to the elevator. I dont’t like it when I have to wait. So I don’t want someone to wait for me. I lived on 25th floor. It took some time to get in the elevator and then I realized that this apartment building is not recently built. Not that old but, you know older elevator took longer than the new one.

Finally the elevator’s here, then I push the B button for basement.

25

Sure it takes a long time..

24

How long it takes..

23

Then I start humming Ellie Goulding’s song, ‘How Long Will I Love You’ because how long will this elevator took me to the basement?

22

How long will I love you?

21

As long as stars are above you,

20

And longer, if I can..

Ding!

The elevator stopped and the door slides open.

It was like in the movie or drama. The door slided open very slowly....

A romantic background song played. This one is picked and sang by me, Ellie Goulding’s How Long Will I Love You....

The door fully opened now....

The man behind the door tilted his head...

Then my heart skipped a beat....