The Day Han Yeoreum Choose

Fate

 

It’t been 2 weeks since I moved to Seoul. I like it here, living with my bestfriends. Helped them with house chores, and cooking for them is the only thing I can do now besides attending job interviews. When I had nothing to do, I just strolled around neighborhood, went to the nearest park, just sat there while listening to songs or read a book.

 

“Hey, are we eating out or just ordering takeout instead? I can’t cook, there’s nothing to eat in our fridge now,” I ask the girls. 

“Take out!” Both of them answer at the same time.

“Okay, I’ll order 3 jajangmyeon and 1 large portion of sweet and sour chicken now.” I said this while opening the delivery app and order it in no time.

“I heard this Running Man episode is the one where you in it! We have to watch this episode!” Hana said this enthusiastically.

“Yah, Yeoreum-ah, I want to see your red crab face when you met Yon Doojoon! Hahaha” Jieun laughing at me. “Yah, you have to see your face.”

“I think see did good although she was very nervous. We watched you when you did the dance game. Your passion in dancing is still burning tho. Are you still dancing now?” Hana and Jieun sure knows me well. Since I was young, I liked to dance a lot. When it comes to idol dance routine, I’m able to copy their moves correctly. From the easiest ones to the most difficult ones.

“I am. Just think of it as an exercise. It seems more fun that way. You’ll be sweating a lot and your body stays in a good shape. Since I can’t afford the gym membership, this simple work out like dancing and running in the nearby park helps a lot. We should try it sometimes together,” They’re not the type of person who likes to workout. It’s wasting your time just to ask them out. 

Actually I don’t really care about the episode. I just want to see Doojoon oppa’s face. It still seems like a dream to me, I could met him the first day I moved to Seoul. I hope this will get me more fortunes in the future.

“Yah, yah, it’s starting! Now! Yeoreum-ah, sit down here, ppali! Running Man is about to start!” Jieun started screaming at me, then she moved to the side so I can sit with them.

 

——————————————————

 

“Yah! Yeoreum-ah! Daebak! That was awesome! You see that, Hana-ah? Heol! She was praised by Running Man member and the other guests! And it’s been showed on the broadcast, so the whole world knows you and I’m very proud of you!” Jieun stands on her feet and clapping continuously like a seal.

“Heol, daebak! Uri Yeoreum is a famous person now!” Hana claps her hand to. Now I have 2 seals.

“Yah, you had not see yourself, huh? Just looked at that Yoon Doojon instead? Yaah~ you have to focus at your appearance! It’s very awesome!”

“Ah, it’s nothing, really. I’m not as good as the idol though. My dance is not perfect. The editing crew knew what to show and not to show on broadcast.” I said this humbly. But deep in my heart, I think I need to praise myself too. I did good that day. “I hope everyone who watched this episode thinks the same as you both so I won’t get any mean comments online,”

“Yah, you won’t get any! Really! I bet the audince mesmerized by your appearance even though you were just a passerby. I am mesmerized too by your perfect dance. Heol, I wish I could dance like you,” Since 8th grade, me and Jieun loved to dance to idol groups’s. But Jieun’s dance seems weak and she couldn’t keep up with the beat, so she moved to paint as her new hobby.

“You saw the episode yourself, your airtime is considered long since you’re not a celebrity. Compare yourself with the other player. You are the star of today’s episode. You need to praise yourself!” 

Hana is right. My airtime is longer than I expected. Normally, even though the non-celeb player did good on variety shows, the crew will only focus on the guest still. Wow, I couldn’t believe what I saw earlier. Even the editing team shows the members and guests appraisal towards me.

“Just wait for the next week. All of the entertainment company will competing to get your sign.” Jieun said this while tapping my shoulder.

“I hope so... I’ll be happy if my friend is a celebrity so I can be famous too!” Hana added.

“We’ll see...”

 

——————————————————

 

“What’s you schedule tomorrow, Yeoreum-ah? Which Entertainment Agency now?” Ask Hana while munching chips. It’s my tfourth week since I moved to Seoul.

The first day was amazing. I was in the same team as Doojoon Oppa and I have got to meet Running Man members too and participated on their shoot. The first week  was just attending job interviews and the Running Man Episode I was in got aired. The second week is full of call from entertainment agency to audition me. The audition lasted longer than I expected. 2 weeks full of audition, but I’m not sick of it. I think I could get better if I joined the best one of them.

After the episode was aired, some entertainment agency contacted me, said they want to make an audition for me. 

All of you might ask where did they got my number? 

Actually when the Running Man member asked what did I dofor living, I said I have nothing to do since I’m jobless. Then after the shooting ended, one of the Running Man crew asked my number for an interview as Creative Staff. They thought I might qualified for the job. After the episode aired, some entertainment agency called Running Man team and asked for my number. Starting from the you-never-know-or-heard agency untill the one-you-always-heard-of-every-now-and-then.

“Nope, today is the last day for my audition schedule. This monday I will give my answer for which one will I choose. I have to think carefully so I wont regret this in the future.”

“Sooo, which one?”

“Hmm... I dont know. All of them said that I have both skills and visual, but my age is playing the big part. It’s a hurdle tho. See, those rookie idols debuted when they were in highschool. Let’s say they are 17 y.o, then I am an ahjumma. I’m already 24!” 

I’m very frustrated now. I actually want to be an idol, since I love dancing, my voice is not bad, and my appearance is not ugly. But after heard what the agency had told me, I don’t think I could be an idol.

“It’s such a shame that YG didn’t call you. I assume they dont look at age member like what happened whey they were assembling 2NE1.”

“I think I’m not matching their taste of an artist. You know, someone cool with strong appearance and full of swag.”

“It’s true.. So.. I think you have to think about this carefully. Choose the one you like the most and will give you a big opening in entertainment industry and every chance to make you famous.”

“Okay..... I don’t know..... But I think I will choose the best one. For my better future too.”

”Are you and me thinking the same agency? Or is it just me? That one? Omooooo! You should make a call fast! Yah, I will support you! So, don’t ever worry about any decision you’ll take.”

”Thank you Hana-ah... So, tomorrow I’ll make a call to.......”