BLOOMING

FLOWER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/n:Rated M for cursing words.}

Byul P.O.V

 


"Baby" Whining,she wriggled my right arm. 

 

 


Sighing, I glanced around, the other customers immediately turned their heads away. She had been whining for 10 minutes and there's not a sign of stopping. Why she's whining? 

 

 


Well, long story short, We're out for a dinner and I took her to my favourite tteokbokki place and then she just go boom! Rambling about how the place is uncomfortable, hot and way too low-standard. 

 

 


"Yooa-ah, this is like the best tteokbokki stall in the universe! Just taste it first, hm??" I pleaded,giving a guilty smile to the owner. 

 

 


I've been here thousands times, mostly with Yongsun. The owner knows us too well and she knew that I'm not straight, well, maybe because I would always have girls hanging around me,making it obvious. I'm not a player, really. I just have a lot of 'girl' friends, I'm sure they all see me in the same light. 

 

 


"No! This place is just a big no! What if I get a stomach ache?? Then I'll have to go to the hospital..and" She gasped, eyes comically wide as she looked at me. 

 

 


"What if I die?!" She worried. 

 

 


Groaning quietly, I brushed my orange lock to the back. 

 

 


"Fine! Let's eat somewhere else then! Uh,ahjumma, I'm sorry" I said, smiling guiltily as I bowed. 

 

 


"Aigoo, it's fine! Just have a good day,yeah?" The owner replied, smiling warmly. 

 

 


"Baby, come on" Yooa urged, tugging on my hand. 

 

 


"I'll be back later, special order" I whispered, earning an understanding nod from the owner. 

 

 


Walking out, I opened the door to my grey BMW,inviting her in. Wait, no. It's Yongsun's actually, I borrowed from her since I prefer using superbikes than cars. I was about to close the door when she called. 

 

 


"What is it?" I asked, looking at her. 

 

 


"This" She pointed at the seat belt. 

 

 


Sighing softly, I moved towards her, pulling on the seat belt. 

 

 


"Babe" She called. 

 

 


I turned my head towards her, our face only a few centimeters apart. She leaned forward,placing a long peck on my lips and it drew a smile on my face. I buckled her seat belt and kissed the tip of her nose before pulling away. 

 

 


It's been 6 months since we started dating, she's clingy and so do I. We're all lovey dovey at first but somehow she changed. Oh yes, before I forget, Yooa is still studying in the university, I met her when she was working at the café close to my workplace. I'm an oiling engineer, working for Shell, I could proudly say that I'm well-off. Showering her with my love along with my money, she became more and more demanding. Luxury hotels, restaurants, heels, dresses, jeweleries, you name it— I brought it all for her. I'm slowly getting tired of it but the cute part of her kept me going. She's way too adorable and I'm nothing but a moron. 

 

 


Starting the engine, we hit the road,speeding to any 'expensive' restaurant as she wanted. 

 

 


Sighing for the umpteen times, I gripped tight on the steering. 

 

 


                                     ***

 

 


Punching the codes in,I pushed the door open, walking lifelessly. 

 

 


"Byulie??" Yongsun called,rushing towards me. 

 

 


Smiling weakly, I brought the takeaway tteokbokki up to her face. Her eyes twinkled in awe as she snatched the food away from me. 

 

 


"I was craving for this!!! You're the best,you know that??" She exclaimed. 

 

 


I chuckled half-heartedly as I took my shoes off. I threw my jacket on the sofa before plopping myself on it. Her gaze followed me but I couldn't care less. Something happened— s. 

 

 


"Did you guys fight again?" She asked,taking a seat next to me. 

 

 


I kept a mum,staring at the tv absentmindedly. 

 

 


"You..broke up?" She guessed,hitting the bull's eye. 

 

 


Knowing each other for 9 years, she knows me too well. Yongsun and I met each other back when we're studying at the SNU. Funnily, we met by an incident,a very funny and strange incident. 

 

 


                                       ***

 

 


Flashback

 

 


I gulped hard as I walked through the dark hallway. I'm regretting every single drop of the fuzzy drinks that I consumed earlier cause now my bladder is about to burst. I never really fond of going to the toilet early in the morning, literally at 3:00A.M?! Nu-uh not a wise idea. I've heard a couple of stories about a female ghost who cried every night, pleading for help in the toilet. I wanted to bring my roommate but sadly, I don't have one. Talking about roommate, I saw a big luggage when I came back to my dorm earlier,finally, a roommate? 

 

 


Humming random songs, I went in the toilet, hearts beating faster. I glanced around and almost, almost screamed my heart's out because of my own reflection in the mirror. 

 

 


"Oh ..dear God, please protect from any unwanted guests" I muttered and swiftly went into one of the cubicles. 

 

 


"Haaa" Relieved,I finished my business and flushed it away. 

 

 


*sniff*

 

 


I froze when I heard the sniffing sound, my eyes widened and my hands glued on the lock. 

 

 


"O-omma.." The voice called. 

 

 


I gulped hard, legs shaking. 

 

 


"H-help me.." She said again,sniffing harder. 

 

 


"Oh God.." I mumbled nervously. 

 

 


Gathering every courage in the world, I unlocked the door. Slowly opening it, I peeked my head through the crack. 

 

 


Nobody. 

 

 


Biting my lips, I snuck out of the cubicle,immediately moving to the exit. Glancing around, I accidentally kicked the bin, causing it to fall,a loud thud echoed in the toilet. 

 

 


"Oh?! A-anybody there?! Please help me!!" The same voice screamed,banging on the door. 

 

 


I was determined to run away, maybe straight back home but something tugged on my heart, telling me to check it out. 

 

 


Turning back around, I finally realized the last cubicle was closed and the sniffing sound could be heard. 

 

 


"Please..just anybody.." She wailed. 

 

 


Walking towards it, I wetted my lips. I bent over to check if there's legs cause if there isn't, I'll turn into flash. A sigh of relief went out of my mouth when I saw her legs and the cute looking shoes with squirtle stickers. 

 

 


"Hello?" I called,standing back up. 

 

 


"H-hello! Oh thank God..please..help me, I'm trapped.. I can't, the lock is stuck!" She explained breathlessly. 

 

 


This is why I didn't use the 3 last cubicles, the locks are not in a good condition and I've kicked this several times to let some other students out. 

 

 


"Yes..yes I know. Just calm down okay? Can you move back a bit? I'm going to kick the door, make sure you're far from it, okay?" I reminded calmly. 

 

 


"Uh-um..y-yes" She replied. 

 

 


"You ready?" I asked, taking my own position. Learning martial arts would always have their benefits, this is one of them. 

 

 


"Yeah.." She answered. 

 

 


"Haiyaa!" The door flew open when I used every strength to kick it. It banged against the wall before hitting the frame and moving back to the wall again, slowly descending it's speed. 

 

 


I caught a glimpse of her face and my heart skipped. With another look, I smiled. 

 

 


"Come on" I said softly, reaching my hands out. 

 

 


She was cute. With her messy hair, red eyes and runny nose. Her body trembled. Before I know it, she was already hugging me,her face buried on my shoulder and I've never felt prouder. 

 

 


"Thank you..thank you so much" She whispered. 

 

 


"You're welcome..are you hurt?" I asked, rubbing circles on her back. 

 

 


She shook her head and sniffed. 

 

 


"Let's get out,I'll send you to you room" I suggested,pulling away slightly, wiping her tears. 

 

 


With her doe eyes, she looked at me in admiration. I chuckled and took her hand in mine,leading her out of the toilet. 

 

 


"What's your room number?" I asked as we stood outside the toilet. 

 

 


"Number..uh.. W-wait" She replied, sniffing in between. She fished something out of her pocket. A small card. 

 

 


"It says..2221..?" She informed. 

 

 


"Oh?" I exclaimed,blinking my eyes repeatedly. 

 

 


She looked at me in confusion as I grinned. I shook her hand, earning more confusion from her. 

 

 


"I'm Moon Byul Yi, nice to meet you, my roommate!!" I whooped. Her eyes turned wide. 

 

 


"Really??" She asked,wiping her tears. 

 

 


I nodded excitedly. A smile finally formed on her face. 

 

 


"Wow..uh..I-I'm Yongsun! Kim Yongsun!" She continued,bowing slightly. 

 

 


"Yongsun? That's a pretty name..hm, shall we?" I asked, signaling her to the hallway. 

 

 


"Ah..yes" She replied, smiling shyly. 

 

 


We walked side by side to our shared dorm. 

 

 


"Wait..if you're my roommate and the luggage is yours, how long have you been in there??" I asked, frowning. 

 

 


She sniffed, wiping another set of tears. 

 

 


"5 hours" She replied. 

 

 


I gasped and shook my head in disbelief. 

 

 


"Oh wow.." I mumbled. 

 

 


"It was scary..I-I tried to call for help but there's no one.." She said. 

 

 


"Well, it's Friday and everyone's out at the park,partying" I informed and glanced at her. 

 

 


"It was scary.." She confessed,wiping her tears non-stop. 

 

 


I chuckled as my heart admitted how adorable she looks. 

 

 


"Don't cry, I'm right here" I comforted, nudging her lightly. 

 

 


She looked at me, sniffing. 

 

 


"Right" I walked backwardly, grinning as I stared at her. 

 

 


Her eyes met mine and her lips slowly curved upwards. 

 

 


"Here" I added, poking on the tip of her nose. 

 

 


End Of Flashback

 

 


                               ***

 

 


With that thought, I chuckled lightly. 

 

 


"Byul" She called, looking at me worriedly. 

 

 


"Remember when we first met?" I asked, looking at her. 

 

 


Her frown turned into a grin as she nodded her head. 

 

 


"How could I forget?" She questioned, ing the two first buttons of my shirt. 

 

 


"You're such a crybaby back then, too cute" I confessed, earning a giggle from her. 

 

 


"And you're such a sweetheart! Thank you for this" She replied, pinching my right cheek before running to the kitchen. 

 

 


We lived together after graduating and even achieved our dreams together. She managed to become a Vet and even has her own clinic. Her love for animals is unreal especially her dog, Jjing Jjing. Who is also Daebak and Haengwoon's bestfriend. Just as I mentioned this, the triplets ran across the living room, chasing each other. 

 

 


We're always together in everything. We shared every secrets. We shared our feelings. Not to forget, our problems. Every time she broke up, we'd spend the next day together, even falling asleep on the couch with each other. Whenever I broke up, we'd be eating our hearts out and laugh until we woke up the next day, cuddling on the couch. It wasn't love. It's all hetero. She's straight as hell and my heart turned away from her. 

 

 


It'll be a lie if I've never see her as someone more than best friend but as the time passed by, she's busy with her boyfriends and having tons of 'girl' friends around me, the feeling buried deep under. My love changed, I saw her in the 'sister' light now. 

 

 


Coming back with the tteokbokki, she grinned broadly. She took a seat next to me and ate a piece. 

 

 


"Spill" She said shortly. 

 

 


I sighed and leaned back on the sofa, staring at her. 

 

 


"I couldn't handle it..she changed way too much" I said. 

 

 


She nodded her head, throwing a pity look. 

 

 


"I brought her to our favourite tteokbokki stall and she just literally said that the place doesn't have good food" I shrugged. 

 

 


Eyes furrowed, she swallowed the food. 

 

 


"Seriously?! This is the like the best tteokbokki in the universe!!" She argued. 

 

 


"That's what I said!" I supported, sighing for the umpteen times. 

 

 


"Hm..should we go to the park tomorrow? I'll take a day off" She suggested. 

 

 


"But how's your date with Minhyuk?" I asked. 

 

 


Sighing, she poked the tteok with her fork. 

 

 


"I don't know..I mean, he's too prideful! Every single fight, he'll always try to win and when I sulk, he never! Never!  Tried to ing get me back!" Yongsun raged. 

 

 


                                       ***

 

 


Yongsun P.O.V

 

 


Flashback

 

 


"Why is every women like this?!" Minhyuk shouted. 

 

 


Fuming, I turned towards him. I. Hate. That. Sentence. The. Most. 

 

 


"Watch your mouth!" I yelled back. 

 

 


"It's true! Always whining about not getting enough attention,jealousy and stupid s!" He fired. 

 

 


"Seriously?! I ing waited for you for ing 3 hours! All you cared about is your work, work and work!" I spat. 

 

 


"I was busy! I got an important meeting to attend!" He defended. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter