Happiness

It's U

“Come in and join our feast!” said the emperor. Jangjun and Sungyoon sat beside the two Princes, Prince Jogou and Prince Jirou.

 

“Not her?” Jangjun asked Sungyoon.

 

“Y...yes,” A pang of sadness hit him.

 

“Hyung…” Jangjun tried to console him by patting his back.

 

“Ah, nevermind. Let’s just focus on what we really have to do while we’re here,” Sungyoon said and Jangjun nodded.

 

“After the meal, I would like to talk to the two gentlemen,” said the emperor pointing his finger to the two envoys.

 

“Yes, your majesty,” Jangjun replied.

 

Throughout the feast, Sungyoon noticed that Daeta kept on looking at him.

 

“Is there something wrong milady?” He asked her when he caught Daeta staring at him again.

 

Daeta was somehow caught off-guard.

 

“No, no gentleman. My apologies if I made you uncomfortable,” Daeta said.

 

“No, it be rude of me if a lady like you would be bothered by me. I should be the one saying sorry your highness,” Sungyoon said as he bow towards the princess, Daeta giggled.

 

And that would somehow sum up their first meet-up.

 

 

“This way,” Kisuke led the way to the emperor’s hall. A discussion is set after the meal and the emperor left the banquet earlier than others.

 

“I haven’t eaten much food. I’m still hungry, hyung! We only had bread on our way here,” Jangjun complained.

 

“You already ate a whole chicken and you’re telling me that you’re still hungry? Wow, your appetite is no joke.”

 

“Kisuke," Jangjun called the servant.

 

“Yes, my lord?"

 

“Can you tell someone to bring foods to my room later?” Jangjun said. And Sungyoon just can’t help himself but to face palm.

 

“Absolutely sir!” Kisuke, smiling brightly.

 

Jangjun stucked his tongue out to Sungyoon.

 

“I guess I’ll be having a feast  with myself later then.”

 

“Aigoo,” Sungyoon eyed him. “this guy.”

 

“The envoys are here your highness,” Kisuke announced, and the guards of the Emperor’s hall opened the door for them.

 

“I’ll shall take my leave now. We’ll send the foods later Lord Lee. Goodnight.” Kisuke bowed and left them in front of the gate.

 

The Emperor saw them and ushered them to come in.

 

“Your highness,” the two of them bowed at the sight of the Emperor.

 

“You called for us.” Sungyoon said and Emperor Misuki nodded.

 

“You’re here regarding my daughter’s arranged marriage with your Crown Prince, am I right?” The Emperor asked and the two of them nodded at the same time.

 

“His highness,” Sungyoon called.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“If…,” he paused. Hesitating whether or not to ask what’s in his mind. It’s already a rare chance to talk to the emperor and now they’re talking to him.

 

“If what, young man?”

 

“If an unexpected situation occurred and our Crown Prince doesn’t want to marry the Princess of your country?” Sungyoon gathered all the courage and him and Jangjun shot him a glare after hearing the words coming from Sungyoon.

 

“Wh—what nonsense are you saying?” Jangjun nudged him.

 

“If that’s going to be the case, then I guess our country have to completely cut the ties between yours.” The Emperor smirked and Jangjun saw it. They’re trapped, damn.

 

Hearing those words are completely a jaw-dropping one. They’re not just in Japan for a simple meeting with the Japan Emperor but Korea’s future is also at stake here.

 

“Hyung, that’s not a very nice question to ask in the first place.”

 

“I’m asking so that we can be prepared for such consequences,” Sungyoon whispered.

 

“Princess Daeta plays an important role in this country, same as with your Prince Jaeseok. Korea should make its decision carefully,” the Emperor stepped down and walked towards Sungyoon’s direction. He leaned down to whisper.

 

“I’m offering my daughter for the two countries to get closer,” he paused. “You can be at disadvantage if you lose this opportunity.” The Emperor said and he gripped Sungyoon’s shoulder.

 

“We’re not an easy enemy, young man. Just so you know.”

 

Shivers went down from his spine as he hear those words coming from the Emperor’s mouth.

 

“You have to make that Japanese princess fall in love with you.”

 

He recalled his conversation with Jaeseok.

 

Emperor Misuki went back to his throne, “If you don’t have other things to say, you may go now.”

 

“I’ll let you stay here as long as you want to accomplish the necessary diplomat matters. I hope that this marriage will come in good terms for both parties. You can now take your leave young gentlemen.”

 

They bowed at the Emperor again and slowly head to the door.

 

“What just happened there? Are you crazy Sungyoon-hyung?! How dare you ask a question like that? I almost had a heart attack earlier when he approached you.” Jangjun said.

 

“You thing you’re the only one?” Sungyoon sighed.

 

“Hello, my lord! I’ll be the one in charge of you if Kisuke-kun is not around,” They reach the outside and saw someone waiting for them. “My name is Yura (Yeola). It is an honor to serve you, your highnesses.”

 

And with that, Sungyoon froze.

 

“Are my foods there?” Jangjun whispered and Yura nodded.

 

“It’s on their way to your room now, my lord.”

 

“Yes!” Jangjun’s eyes sparkled with joy while Sungyoon stayed frozen.

 

“Dae… Daeta..?” Sungyoon murmured and Yura stared at him.

 

“Your highnesses, I’ll bring you to your rooms. Please follow me.” Although the night is already deep, her voice is still full of energy.

 

Yura led the way followed by Jangjun. Sungyoon purposely let them be ahead of him.

 

“It’s you… It’s you Daeta,” tears sprung from his eyes as he stared at her from a distance.

 

“My heart never fails to connect to you.”

 

He stretched out his hand, as if he’s reaching Daeta.

 

“I found you again, my love.” He smiled, tears still flowing from his eyes.

 

“Hyung, come on!” Jangjun shouted. They’re actually a bit far already from where Sungyoon is.

 

“Wait for me.” Sungyoon calmly and waved okay to them.

 

“Finding you is my ultimate happiness,” and finally, he smiled. His eyes were fixed on Daeta.

 

Daeta… or rather Yura look lovely on her blue kimono with peacock feather prints and her pink sakura obi, and Sungyoon’s eyes can’t help himself to stare at her perfection. Her beauty, and just everything about her is just so perfect.

 

 

They reached their room and Jangjun immediately left Sungyoon… for his food.

 

“Hyung, I smell food!” he exclaimed and dashed into his room.

 

“My Lord, just call us if you need anything,” Yura bowed. “Goodnight.”

 

Yura was about to leave when Sungyoon reached for her hand, and he’s even surprised that his hand involuntary moved to reach her.

 

The familiar feeling, he missed it so much.

 

“Wh-what is it My Lord?” Yura stuttered.

 

“Dae… Yura right? Yura?” Sungyoon clearly heard her name earlier but he still asked to make sure, plus he wanted her to stay with him, a little longer…

 

“Goodnight too, Yura.” Sungyoon let go of her hand and smiled at her. He left Yura to check the glutton Jangjun-ah.

 

Yura froze as she still feel the sensation of Sungyoon’s hand in her’s. Strange, she thought. She feels like something is telling her that they knew each other, but somehow it’s impossible. Like ‘how’ right?

 

She walked along the corridors while staring at her hand. Such a strange feeling.

 

“Hyung! Sungyoon-hyung! Their food is daebak. You should try it!” Jangjun passed him a plate of sushi.

 

“Satisfied?” Sungyoon asked and ruffled Jangjun’s hair.

 

“Very much!” And Jangjun continued stuffing his mouth with foods.

 

“Sungyoon-hyung, I really can’t understand you sometimes,” he stopped eating for a moment.

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Ha! You asked why? Just look at you. You look like Jaeseok beat you in a thigh-wrestling match earlier and now you’re smiling like he gave you a one-week vacation. So what is it now? Spill it hyung. I know you for ages and I know something happened out there.”

 

“Nothing, don’t mind me. I can be crazy sometimes.” He just looked at his hand  and Jangjun eyes him suspiciously.

 

“Wierdo,” Jangjun said as he picked his chopsticks again and shove one mochi in his mouth.

 

“Yes I am Jangjunie,” said Sungyoon, smiling wider than before.

 

Jangjun’s jaw dropped and dropping the mochi too at the same time, “Heol. Jaeseok help me. Our friend is exceptionally weird tonight.”

 

“Discover it yourself,” Sungyoon grabbed a mocha from the table and winked at Jangjun.

 

“Heol, eww.” Jangjun gave him a confused look.

 

“Good things come to those who wait.” Sungyoon said in a low voice.

 

ㅡ꿑ㅡ

투 비 쿤티뉻