Photograph

It's U

"Sakura, sakura, sakura, sakuuuuurrrrrraaaaa! Sushi, sushi, sushi, sussshhhhiiii!" Jangjun shouted. They're on their way to see Prince Jaeseok in the morning, and when Sunyoon told Jangjun that they will be heading to Japan today, he began shouting those words like no tomorrow.

 

Sungyoon massaged his temples and faced Jangjun, "Lee Jangjun, can you please shut up? It's been an hour already and you keep saying the same things! It's irritating, please."

 

Jangjun stopped for a bit and stared at Sungyoon. He smiled at him in an awkward way and dashed to the Crown Prince's hall, still shouting random words relating to their destination later.

 

"Why on earth did Jaeseok recommended Jangjun to tag along," he just tried to accept the fact that he will be with Jangjun for a couple of days enduring all the loudness and shouts.

 

He followed Jangjun as they entered the hall

 

The two gentlemen bowed at the sight of the Crown Prince.

 

"Good morning, your highness," Jangjun greeted the Prince.

 

"Are you ready for the mission?" Jaeseok asked, Sungyoon is still bowing but he knew the question was for him.

 

"Yes," he said without anymore hesitation.

 

"The royal guards will you to the ship, goodluck. Be safe, you two." The gentlemen rise their heads and to their surprise, Jaeseok gave them both a hug.

 

"I know I'm a bad friend using my authority to give you a mission like this. I know I'm selfish too, but I just don't want to gave up my heart just because I'll be the one ruling this country soon. I hope you understand me." Jaeseok said, lowering his gaze after giving Sungyoon a hug.

 

"Don't worry Jaeseok, we don't want also to see you ending up unhappy being with the wrong lady," Jangjun freely said, forgetting the honorifics. Sungyoon glared at him but Jaeseok said it's okay.

 

"Thank you so much Jangjun," Jaeseok smiled brightly.

 

"Oi, Lee Jangjun, be careful with your words next time. You're talking to the Crown Prince!" Sungyoon won't let this pass.

 

"I told you it's okay Sungyoon-ah. Though I really wanted you to be comfortable with me like Jangjun," he glanced around the hall. "See? They're all outside, no one's gonna tell you you have to act like this and that."

 

"But still you are.."

 

And Jaeseok cut him again

 

"The Crown Prince and I should be treated with all respect. Yes Sungyoon-ah, I know. I already recieved so much respect with all the people around me, they're even scared of me. And I'm lucky to have found friends like the two of you. How many times do I have to tell this one, Jangjun-ah?" He glanced at Jangjun and gave him a 'i-don't-know-too' look.

 

"Okay, fine."

 

"Then off you go my friends! Sungyoon-ah, do your best!" Jaeseok cheered for him. After leaving the hall, the Royal Guards escorted them to the ship going to Japan.

 

"I'm excited to meet the Princess. It's going to be my first time seeing a real-life Princess!" Jangjun said after settling in a corner. Sungyoon sighed.

 

"Why? We cannot see our own Princesses because of the rules. Ahh, Jaeseok is the best indeed." but still, no response again from Sungyoon.

 

"You're not going to talk?" Jangjun fished a biscuit in his pocket offered it to Sungyoon.

 

"Thank you and no, Jangjun," Jangjun gave him a sad look.

 

"Oh.. okay, I'll just go outside to breathe some fresh air. Take your time being a loner, hmp!" Then he immediately got out of their room munching the biscuit he offered to Sungyoon earlier.

 

The time Jangjun left their room, Sungyoon looked for a book he had in his luggage.

 

Page 828

 

He found a couple of photographs.

 

Photograph of a lady, from every angle.

 

Even if it came from different timelines, her beauty is always the same. It never fails to capture his heart.

 

"I miss you, my Daeta," he began looking at the pictures one by one.

 

The first picture, not literally a picture but a folded mini-canvas cloth. He recalled painting this for her 20th birthday. No words can even explain how happy he is when Daeta liked his present so much. This was around 1785 where Daeta is a daughter of a Patissier and he was the Town Mayor's rebel son.

 

The next picture was a sketch of her Silhoutte, 1825? If he's not mistaken. The day when they met at a gala, fell in love at first sight and left each other houses for the sake of their love. Romeo and Juliet, they say. The time when Daeta's family ruled the town and Sungyoon's family tried to take over.

 

For them, their love was their everything. 

 

"Deny thy father and refuse thy name. Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love", his mouth unconsciously said.

 

A shock came rushing in his body, and his eyes began to react at the sight.

 

"1885," tears came rushing down his cheeks.

 

It was their wedding picture.

 

The pain engulfed his whole system, like all of it just happened yesterday.

 

He still cannot believe that after that happy day, came a worse tomorrow.

 

Daeta died after being involved in a shooting accident. 

 

His world fell apart. She told him she's just going outside to buy flowers for their house decoration.

 

Then after few hours of waiting, he recieved the news from Daeta's father that his wife was shot. They tried to save her but it was too late.

 

After that, he began to wander in different cities, different countries and continents.

 

His true identity became unknown and changes every once in a while.

 

One time, he woke up as Edward then one time he would be Takeshi.

 

He watched how people was born, grow old and die a thousand of times.

 

How his friends became weak and old while he stay as if he's just a '21-year old' man.

 

All of the things happening to him is still a mystery, even him doesn't know the history.

 

All he cared about is finding Daeta in every lifetime. How his unending love never fades even centuries passed by.

 

"Hyuuuung!" Jangjun bursted in their room carrying a large portion of cheese and a baguette.

 

"Let's eat!" he said and Sungyoon hurriedly put the book in his luggage again

 

"Oh my god, are you crying hyung?" He slowly went to Sungyoon to check his tears.

 

"No, I'm not," Sungyoon wiped it as soon as Jangjun grabbed the lamp to take a better look at Sungyoon's face.

 

"You are hyung! I heared you sniffed!" and he glared at Jangjun.

 

"Okay fine, you're not crying," then Jangjun went back to the table and sliced some cheese and bread to give it to Sungyoon.

 

"Here, eat hyung. We still have a long way to go."

 

"Thanks," and they ate in peace.

 

In a few more hours, they'll be reaching Japan and their first agenda is to meet the Princess.

 

Half excitement, half nervousness. That's what he feels.

 

Though his heart is telling him, again this time.. that it's her. It's really her.

 

ㅡ꿑 ㅡ

투 비 콘테뉻!