Princess

It's U

“Jangjun, wake up!”

 

“Naaaaaaaaaam, I’m still sleepy. Let me sleeeeep. Five more minutes, okay?” Jangjun said with his just-woke-up voice.

 

Sungyoon rolled his eyes. He kept on waking Jangjun but he’s just shoving him away. Everyone is leaving the ship and he had no choice but to carry him outside.

 

“Wh..what?1 Where am I?” Jangjun yelled as soon as he realized someone is carrying him. He immediately come to his senses then he glanced back and saw Sungyoon’s struggling face.

 

“Hyung, put me down! I’m wide awake now,” he said and Sungyoon dropped him suddenly on the ground.

 

“Man, you’re so heavy despite of having that average body of yours. Nam is indeed spoiling you,” Sungyoon said.

 

“Yeah, she really spoil me a lot,” Jangjun stopped following Sungyoon and began to giggle. “Oh I have to make sure to buy a lot of souvenirs for her when we get back.” He said, smiling widely.

 

Nam is Jangjun’s bride-to-be, though her name is really Shiyeong, she preferred to be called in their family name, that girl is kinda weird though, she’s like Jangjun’s female version too, (lol). She’s Lady Taekhwa’s bestfriend, and also the governor’s only daughter while Jangjun is the eldest son of the 2nd Royal Minister. They sure made a good couple, both funny and lively and have a lot of chemistry together.

 

“Oh right, when is your wedding date by the way? You haven’t told me that yet,” Sungyoon said.

 

“I just found out this morning from my mother anyways. Its three months from now. She said the date will fall on new moon, very ideal for newlyweds,” he said.

 

“Ohh, Lee Jangjun,” Sungyoon made a face, preparing himself to tease Jangjun. “You’ll be a married man in no time. Are you really ready to end your bachelor’s life, young man?” he teased.

 

He’s expecting a counterattack from Jangjun but he heard nothing from him, and just gave him a slight smile.

 

“If it’s her, I won’t mind ending it already.”

 

“Psh, cheesy,” Sungyoon blurted and Jangjun just laughed at him.

 

“What pshh hyung? You’re jealous of my blossoming love life?” Jangjun went to Sungyoon and kept poking his side.

 

“I am not!” Sungyoon emphasized his words but Jangjun bursted into laughter. “Stop it already.” He seized Jangjun’s hand and gave him a smack in the head.

 

“Hey! Don’t get physical, do you think I won’t fight back?”

 

And then Sungyoon walked away from Jangjun,. He’s just too loud, he can’t take it anymore.

 

“Hyung! Wait for me!” Jangjun shouted but Sungyoon did not even spare a glance.

 

“Perhaps or maybe the one you’re searching for is here in Japan. Don’t you think hyung? Don’t be jealous on us, okay? Hahaha.”

 

Oh great, he’s really starting it. God.

 

“On the other hand, Jangjun could be right. My hunch is telling me too, that’s why I agreed to Jaeseok,” Sungyoon said in his mind.

 

After all those years Daeta, after all those years can I see you again?

 

 

“Konnichiwa! Konnichiwa! You must be ugh…” A young man approached then infront of the palace gate.

 

“The Crown Prince of Korea sent us to discuss the matters regarding the marriage of the two royalties,” Sungyoon explained and handle him the parchment containing Jaeseok’s words.

 

“Oh, come in, come in gentlemen. I’ll be your guide from now on, my name is Kisuke Ishio,” the young man bowed in front of the two. “We’ve been waiting for the envoys the whole day.”

 

“It feels like I’m in a different world. Their palace is such a beauty,” said Jangjun. They walk past through corridors and Jangjun can’t help himself to admire every scenery inside.

 

Kisuke kept on talking about this and that and such but Jangjun doesn’t seem to pay attention to what he is saying so Sungyoon is the one focusing on the details.

 

“Their culture is as rich as ours,” Sungyoon whispered at Jangjun.

 

“Yes, indeed,” Jangjun nooded in agreement.

 

They halted in front of a huge door and Kisuke faced them, “We prepared a banquet for the envoys, We expected a large number of people coming,” Kisuke said.

 

“We’re sorry for the inconvenience we brought. Our palace did not notify you earlier. This is also a sudden visit and our officials had many things to attend to,” Sungyoon explained and both he and Jangjun bowed.

 

“No, no, please gentlemen, don’t bow on me. I do not deserve it. I am just a merely servant in the Imperial House.”

 

Sungyoon wanted to say something but the palace guards opened the large door.

 

Foods, lights, festive music, dancers welcomed them.

 

Wow, it must be their princess,” Jangjun uttered and Sungyoon still managed to hear him despite of the loud music.

 

Sungyoon looked at the direction Jangjun is looking.

 

The Imperial Family of Japan, sitting in the front, watching the performers.

 

“The envoys from Korea have arrived your Majesty!” The royal guard announced the arrival of the two and all the eyes are on them.

 

“Come and join the feast we prepared for you!” The emperor said. They walked in a carpet full of sakura leaves leading to the royal family.

 

“Why do I feel nervous all of a sudden?’ Jangjun whispered.

 

“Calm down, it’s not like we’re going to be in prison here during our visit.” Sungyoon replied.

 

“Shh! Don’t jinx it Sungyoon-hyung!”

 

As they walk, Sungyoon kept on glancing in many directions.

 

“What’s the matter Sungyoon-hyung?” Jangjun asked, they almost reached the front.

 

“Nothing…” Sungyoon said.

 

Then his eyes were fixed on the princess, if he’s not mistaken, it’s clearly Princess Daeta.

 

“You’re like in a deep thought right now hyung, there’s really something wrong. What’s the matter? Tell me.” He kept his voice low.

 

“I don’t know anymore Jangjun-ah,” His expression is down.

 

“You’re supposed to be happy right now. We’re seeing the princess and the royal family of Japan!” Jangjun tapped Sungyoon’s shoulder.

 

28 more steps…

 

“It’s just that…” There’s suddenly a lump on his throat, he wanted to say something, but in the same time, it feels like he can’t.

 

“Just what?” Jangjun asked.

 

11 steps

 

They stopped in front of the royal family to bow.

 

They bowed and Sungyoon caught Daeta’s eyes.

 

He turned to Jangjun and whispered, “Jangjun-ah… it’s not her.”

 

Daeta smiled at him and he did smiled back at her.

 

ㅡ꿑ㅡ

콘티뉻

ᴎᴀᴍ