Lady

It's U

1922

 

"Go to Japan. I'm assigning you for an important mission," the hall echoed with the Crown Prince's voice, Prince Jaeseok.

 

"Whatever it is my lord, I will give my all," Sungyoon bowed with the respect to the monarch in front of him. As a member of the Prince's house, he is bound to his majesty's wishes.

 

Jaeseok approached Sungyoon and tapped his shoulder. 

 

"For a hundred of times Sungyoon-ah, please stop bowing in front of me when others are not around will you?"

 

"But I cannot do that your majesty," he said.

 

"I order you to not do that," Jaeseok said with authority.

 

"But.." Sungyoon opened his mouth to say more words but Jaeseok cut him.

 

"That's an order Sungyoon ah. Stop being stiff with me, you're my bestfriend and your father is not around. Just be comfortable, understand?" Jaeseok said, still patting his friend's shoulder.

 

"Ah.. Jaeseok, you're really something." Sungyoon stood up and followed Jaeseok in one corner. "So what's the mission?"

 

They sat and Jaeseok passed him a letter.

 

"What is this?" He asked.

 

"Open it, pshhh." and Jaeseok rolled his eyes. 

 

Sungyoon's eyes scrolled through the letter and found out it is some kind of a wedding proposal.

 

"Oh, I see you're getting married," he smiled sheepishly at Jaeseok.

 

"You know I don't like how things like this work in the royal family. It's the worst," Jaeseok's expression changed in to a gloomy one after getting the letter back from Sungyoon's hand.

 

"I know, but you can't do anything against it. It's the King's decision and it's your responsibility to follow him as the Crown Prince," but then Jaeseok shot him a glare.

 

"Yes, yes, I am fully aware of that  but I just don't want to marry someone who I haven't met even once in my life!"

 

"That's how it works Prince Jaeseok, you're already tied with this kind of rules. Look at the King, it is an arranged marriage too but he loves the Queen very much. Who knows you can end up having a happy married life like that," Sungyoon tried to send positive thoughts in Jaeseok but Jaeseok shot him a glare again.

 

"Stop. Stop. I still don't want something like this. I can allow my father to go control my life in other aspects, but not in how I will choose my wife."

 

"There you go again. Why can't you just tell the King that you want to marry the Son family's eldest daughter?" he suggested. Oh right, as far as he can remember, Jaeseok is infatuated with Son Taekhwa, the eldest daughter of the Son family. She came from a wealthy merchant family an he's sure the King will agree on the marriage. It will benefit both sides of the party so why not.

 

"Taekhwa is still not sure about her feelings for me. I want to wait for her honest answer that's why I want to send you a mission to buy me more time." Jaeseok faced Sungyoon, he's really serious.

 

"Okay, tell me."

 

"Make that Japanese princess fall in love with you."

 

With so much surprise, Sungyoon bumped his toe in the side of the chair.

 

"HEEEOOOOLLLLLLL! 아파!" 

 

"You heard it right," said Jaeseok.

 

"But how? I'm not capable!"

 

"Sungyoon, remember you have a royal blood in you too." Oh, speaking of that, son of a duke. 

 

"Wait, so you're sending me to Japan and do that stuff?"

 

Jaeseok nodded, "Exactly."

 

"Wow Crown Prince, I can't believe you. Really," he stared at Jaeseok with a bitter expression.

 

"Hey don't be like that. Who knows that Princess is your soulmate, not mine."

 

"I told you Jaeseok, I'm not interested in finding other women. I always have one in mind."

 

"You never told me about her since you appeared in this Palace 6 years ago." Jaeseok pouted.

 

"It's my secret to keep," then he smiled without knowing. He never lose his hope finding this one particular lady.

 

The only one, and the only woman he will love as long as he lives.

 

"Just give it a try. I know you're finding someone but that Princess can be her! I asked my uncle and he told me he haven't seen that Princess either so I have no idea on what she looks like. Just find that out for me," the Crown Prince picked the letter again in front of Sungyoon and placed it securely in his hands.

 

"I'll be counting on you. The preparations are all done. I'll make the excuses for the duke, don't worry. Just do this mission for me."

 

"I can't believe this Jaeseok."

 

"Neither can I, haha. Sungyoon-ah, goodluck!" he tapped Sungyoon's shoulder again.

 

"The ship will leave in 2 days. l'll just summon you again here before you leave. Take Jangjun with you also, I'm sure he'll be helpful in many ways".

 

Sungyoon wanted to show how frustrated he is because of his friend's stubornness  but he can't.

 

Then suddenly, a thought came into his mind.

 

It's been a while since he wandered in a different country. The last time was in Berlin, but he found nothing there so he came back in Korea.

 

The duke's son suffered from an infectious disease and surprisingly, he resembles Sungyoon. The duke found him and by the death of the duke's original son, the family adopted him. Sungyoon met Jaeseok at the palace and the King assigned him as one of his royal servant since then.

 

He closed his eyes and prayed, "Let me find her this time, please."

 

-

 

"Okay, I'll accept this mission."

 

"Very well Sungyoon-ah, you can go now. See you after two days." Jaeseok waved his hands to dismiss Sungyoon.

 

"Have a good night, your majesty." He bowed and left the room, still holding the letter.

 

"Princess Daeta, from the Imperial Household hmm? I hope it's her this time."

 

And then he walked through the Palace corridor going to his room, having high hopes of finding her.

 

 

ㅡ 꿑 ㅡ 

투 비 콘티뉻 ㅋㅋ