Down For the Count

There's a Million Things He Hasn't Done {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Cafe Xiao Ban Squad Chat

binbin
I regret all life choices

chaochao
wut's new

binbin
;^;
I just needed consoling...

ruirui
so explain what's going on?

binbin
Chao don't plz

chaochao
bin-ge fell in love with a stanger that's totally too good for him
oh oops
well to be fair
i already had that typed out
also
you're a very slow typer bin-ge

haohao
poor bin-ge

chaochao
i mean not really poor
he just has a severe case of love-at-first-sight syndrome
like every ©Disney movie ever he's basically helpless for that stranger
am i making the situation worse

binbin
Yes ;-;

chaochao
cool

binbin
Chao, why are you like this? ;A;

ruirui
yueyue asks that every day

chaochao
:P

Seriously though, when Ruibin sends those crying emojis he's being very serious. A sigh escapes his lips, scratching the back of his head as he ponders over whether he should continue with this chat or not... to which he decides in the end "gawd no". He glances up from his phone to the courtyard and regrets doing that as much as messaging the chat because he's sitting at a table where looking directly up means directly looking at the corner where a couple is cuddling.

After spending an entire day still thinking about that stranger, the last thing Ruibin needs is more fuel for the fire.

Come on! I just need to focus on my work! I don't have time to think about love! he tries to pound such a thought into his head further by taking a deep breath to refresh his thoughts. Just work hard first so that you can make everyone at home proud...

Ruibin stands up from his seat, deciding that although the weather is nice outside, he should start some homework in the library before classes start. He moves, trips over the legging of the chair, and face-plants into the ground.

Never before has he wished for the ground to swallow him whole from such humiliation.

He now wishes for that.

Ruibin pushes himself to at least sit up but he doesn't dare to take his gaze off of the ground, his face burning up as he hears giggling from afar. He tries to calm himself a bit before feeling something soft against his nose.

"Are you okay? Your nose is bleeding from that fall..."

"Y-Yes! I mean no! I mean maybe! I mean-! N-Never mind..." Ruibin mumbles in defeat, voice muffled slightly from the handkerchief being used to wipe up the blood. He feels his face burning even more as he realizes he's just making a fool out of himself further in front of a total stranger.

"Wait, aren't you from Cafe Xiao Ban?"

He wonders why the voice sounds so familiar before looking up from the ground and seeing that stranger he's been so hung up on, kneeling across from him, and he has to ask why does the stranger look even cuter than before with his hair now a dirty blond. Ruibin stutters to avoid seeming like a creep for staring too long, "Uh- yeah! I... I didn't realize you went to iQiyi University too..."

The stranger smiles a small one, "Don't worry, I didn't either. Can you hold my handerchief for a moment? You have a cut on your palm." He does as instructed, watching how the stranger opens a small pouch on his bag and taking out from it a small tube of antibiotic ointment and an adhesive bandage.

"Are you... always this prepared...?" Ruibin asks slowly, watching the stranger treat his wound.

"I kinda have to when my siblings get hurt all the time," the stranger giggles, and Ruibin feels himself melt slightly at hearing that (he would slap himself if he isn't using both of his hands). "I'm Zhu Zhengting, by the way. 4th year and dance major."

Save me now why is his name as cute as himself? "Zh-Zheng Ruibin, 3rd year and theatre major."

"Hm, it's a wonder why we've never seen each other until recently then, considering we're both almost finished with college and in performing arts. Let me see your nose?" Zhengting looks up, too focused on taking care of Ruibin to notice that the latter is totally swooning still, "Well it looks like it stopped. Should I come with you to the nurse? You might be a bit woozy still." The former pouts in worry and Ruibin really does feel like he might die from overload of cuteness.

"I-I'll be fine! Uh- but what about your handkerchief?" he looks down at the handkerchief that now has splotches of blood on it, completely ruining the cute pig aesthetic of the handkerchief. As per usual Ruibin does the one thing he does when stressed: freak out.

He stutters, "M-Maybe I should wash it first- not that I mean to bother you of course! It's just that doing that would be really unsanitary and giving it to you would be a health hazard- ah- maybe I should buy I different one for you instead? It is more sanitary that way and-" Ruibin stops, realizing that Zhengting is staring at him in an innocent yet incredulous manner after he babbling. He flushes in embarrassment, mumbling, "I'm sorry. I'm kinda being dumb right now..."

And Zhengting just giggles, which is like a double-edged sword for Ruibin as his heart somehow both calms from panicking about being slow yet also picks up in pace as he's fallen too hard for the stranger. He pats Ruibin's now bandaged hand reassuringly, "Hey, it's really okay. You're dazed from that fall, not to mention handkerchiefs are cheap to buy so it's honestly better to just throw it away."

"Are you sure? I feel really bad about your handkerchief..." he tries to ignore how his heart picks up in pace as Zhengting's still hold his hand even after treating it.

"Well if you put an offer like that... I could probably use a cafe au lait and choco-cupcake-"

"Yes, of course! Completely on the house whenever you come again!" he agrees a bit too quickly to it but can you really blame him at this point? He's already nervous as is.

Zhengting laughs at that and gawd Ruibin has to wonder if it's possible to die mutliple times. Before Zhengting could say anything, he's pulled up by the arm to stand by a rather pretty blond with a mole on his cheek and an indifferent looking boy with his hair in a small ponytail standing besides them. The blond says purposefully loudly (or is that Ruibin's imagination?), "Ting, we should head to our first class now before we're late."

"Oh, we're almost la-? W-Wait, slow down!" Zhengting yelps when the blond jerks him away from Ruibin, walking rather quickly and making Zhengting stumble. The indifferent boy nods in acknowledgement towards Ruibin before leisurely following the duo.

He suddenly hears muffled laughing and turns to see Xiao Gui trying very hard not to burst out laughing whereas Yanlei waves with a small "hi" but has just as much of a knowing look in his eyes.

Some times Ruibin wonders if he should get new friends that are actually helpful to him in a moment of college-life-crisis.