Sweet Love

There's a Million Things He Hasn't Done {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Quick chibi doodle of Ruibin which we'll later see expand into a relationship chart cuz i've been slacking on practicing digital art (especially lining cuz my gawd it's super hard) so this is the most convenient way (also don't mind Ruibin being a stumbling, stuttering dork here :P)


"Excuse me, I didn't order this."

"O-Oh, my bad, I'll go tell the chef to make your meal. Um- what did you order again?"

"I'm sorry, but shouldn't you know what I ordered?"

"W-Well the cafe is pretty busy at the moment so orders could get mixed up and-"

"Oh so now you're blaming this on me? Well forget it!"

And the lady gets up and harrumphs indignantly, walking away on her shoes with heels that look something similar to 8 centimeter long toothpicks, leaving Ruibin extremely confused with a lone iced Americano in his hand. He stutters a lost, "B-But..." before he hears a whistle behind him and a pat on the shoulder.

"Someone's been having a bad day," Zhou Rui muses unhelpfully.

"I-It wasn't actually my fault, r-right?" Ruibin asks, still a bit frazzled from how unintentionally quickly that escalated. A shrug from the older does not help his lost state at the moment.

"That was your first time dealing with a pissed off customer so I'll deal with this iced Americano. Why don't you man the register for now? It's pretty empty at the moment so you can relax from serving people a bit," Zhou Rui takes the drink away and gives him one last pat before heading off.

Ruibin sulkily walks over to the counter wondering what led him to this predicament--which is really simple actually as he decided to go to college in Beijing meaning he had to move from his hometown Guangdong and moving away meant sustaining your money by getting a job, a.k.a. where he's at right now. So not complicated really, but still a bit overwhelming with the heavily populated and urban city and feeling a bit homesick.

"Hello?"

He snaps out of his daydream, "Oh- uh- yeah- hello...?" and he swears he's blinded by the actual sun standing in front of him. The fact that the stranger in front of him had orange hair to match really does not help with him trying to not imagine blinding sunrays coming from the person. The stranger giggles and Ruibin's stomach already feels funny.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit dazed," he teases, a playful yet gentle twinkle in his eyes.

"Y-Yes! Ah- what would you like to order?" Ruibin mentally slaps himself for letting himself be so apparent in how lost he is. The other doesn't seem to mind however, turning to the menu that was on the counter off to the side of the cash register, humming thoughtfully with a slight pout to his lips.

How is he so cute? and for that thought he actually slaps himself on the face before the stranger turns back to him.

"I'll take one of those choco-cupcakes and a cafe au lait," he says with a smile.

"That'll be 40 yuan," Ruibin pretends not to melt from the small touches when exchanging money and receipt. The orange-haired man leaving with one last smile and Ruibin smiling his own small one.

"Bin-ge we're outta choco-croissan- what's with that smile on your face?" Ling Chao looks mildly disturbed after he walks out from the kitchen.

"Huh? Oh... I'm smiling?" he touches his face, wondering why he did so because there's no way that he's willing to admit that he fell in love at first sight. No, tthat would be too cliche as all he needs is a stable part-time job and to survive college before he could follow something so flimsy as ©Disney love.

"Wow never before have I seen Hao-ge suffer so much," Ling Chao notes, making Ruibin turn and see that same stranger cooing as he squishes Zhenghao's cheeks, the latter whining.

"You're smiling that smile again."

Ruibin immediately slaps himself on both sides of the face, not minding the stinging after doing so. He lets out a sigh, repeating a mantra of "just work hard" before turning and seeing Ling Chao staring in an inquisitive way at him, his thumb and pointer finger framing his chin as he does so. The younger then grins mischieviously, "Ohhhh, I get it now."

The younger then places a comforting hand on Ruibin's shoulder.

"He's way out of your league."