You Forget Yourself

There's a Million Things He Hasn't Done {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

This is awkward... Ruibin really can't take the awkward silence that follows for a moment too long after Zhengting disappears, the latter's friends resorting to their phones for entertainment- well, except the blond one, who constantly switches gazes between the other's phone and staring at Ruibin. Something about the latter's gaze feels very familiar to Ruibin but he can't ponder more on it because he really needs to air out this awkward silence.

"Uh- hi- um- I'm Z-Zheng Ruibin, a 3rd year theatre major," Ruibin tries to introduce himself.

"I'm B-O-O-"

"Ziyi, please," the blond interrupts, expression giving way to reveal second-hand embarrassment. Ziyi looks a bit confused (maybe? Ruibin can't tell his face is too stoic to actually tell) before the blond elbows him and clears his throat.

"Oh, sorry. Force of habit," Ziyi scratches the back of his neck, "I'm Wang Ziyi, 4th year dance major. Nice to meet you, bro."

"Nice to meet you too... bro." Has Ruibin ever mentioned that he's socially awkward? Well, he's socially awkward. His gaze along with Ziyi's drift over to the blond, who quirks an eyebrow at the two, "What?"

In a similar manner as before, Ziyi elbows the blond and clears his throat. Compared to Ziyi however, who at least had half the mind to appear embarrassed for his manners, the blond, glares at his friend and swats away his elbow. He huffs, "Cai Xukun."

"Kun, Ting isn't here but you should play nice," Ziyi pokes Xukun's cheek, who sighs before taking a deep breath and almost immediately transforms his disgruntled face into a charming smile although the way that his eyes are staring at Ruibin tells a completely different story.

"Hello Ruibin. I'm Cai Xukun, a 2nd year business major minoring in music theory," and just as quickly as that smile appeared Xukun frowns again, turning back to Ziyi, "Satisfied?"

"Yiyi, can you follow me for a second?"

Ruibin turns around at the familiar voice and shouts in shock at the sight of Zhengting still glowing brightly but covered unevenly in flour, an empty package of flour adorning his head. Gawd how did he still look adorable and manage to brighten the atmosphere even when he looked ready to haunt someone in one of those cheesy horror movies?

"Sure, what do you need?" Ziyi asks, standing up.

"Well you see Rui-ge needed help grabbing stuff on the top of shelves but he's too short too grab any so he asked me but- well- you know," Zhengting loops their arms together, "And you have my extra clothes for dance in your car."

"Cool. Let's go."

As they leave, Zhengting turns and waves, "Have fun chatting while we're gone, Kunkun, Binbin!"

"Haha, will do!" Xukun laughs as though he was having plenty of fun socializing with Ruibin but who cares about that his crush is barely acquaintances with him and yet he's already calling him by a nickname.

Jeez I'm gonna have so many issues in the future if I'm already reacting like this.

Once Zhengting turns back, Ziyi takes a moment to gesture that he had his eyes on Xukun. The two leave and nearly immediately Ruibin feels hands grasping the collar of his work uniform and is met with the glaring face of Xukun, to which it now feels like his face might burn off from those eyes.

So that's why his glaring is familiar- wait I shouldn't be thinking this now, and he inwardly panics now in fear for his untimely death.

"Listen, I don't know what you're trying to do here but you need to back off now," Xukun hisses.

"Wait wait wait wait wait what in the world are you talking about?!" Ruibin puts his hands up in defense, vaguely aware of the slight stinging in his hand.

Xukun huffs, rolling his eyes, "Oh please even a blind person can see your crush on Ting."

"H-Hold up- just- I- WHAT?!"

"We both know that Ting is too precious for this world so I'm asking you this kindly now to BACK OFF."

"B-But this is kinda not at all that kind- y-you're starting to choke me-"

"No, bad, Kun."

And man is Ruibin even more confused when Ziyi appears with a spray bottle and spraying water at Xukun, he lets go of Ruibin's collar and tries to shield himself from the water, "What the- Ziyi, stop!"

"Yeah I thought this would happen. You're lucky Ting went back to helping Rui-ge in the kitchen," Ziyi comments, taking his seat again, gesturing for Ruibin to sit back down, "Also don't worry about Kun, he sticks to Ting like a grouchy cat."

"I'm only protecting Ting and you know that. Also stop comparing me to a cat-" Ziyi raises the spray bottle towards Xukun's direction, the latter flinching and holding his hands up in defense again. He glares at Ziyi who only stares indifferently back, Xukun slowly taking his seat again as Ziyi sets the spray bottle onto the table.

"You mean you're trying to keep Ting to yourself 'cause you get jealous easily," he clarifies and Xukun simply huffs indignantly.

"Uh- so- he's not Zhengting's overprotective boyfriend?" Ruibin awkwardly interrupts their banter.

Ziyi lets out a small scoff at that, "He wishes," and barely moves when Xukun hits his arm. He rubs his arm while the latter slouches, muttering under his breath, "You'd understand my issues too if you weren't such an emotionless roc-"

"I'm back!"

"Welcome back, Ting!" Xukun immediately smiles, as though he didn't nearly choke Ruibin to death. He wonders if Xukun ever attempted to minor in acting because he's so good at switching between two polar opposite personalities that he wonders if Xukun secretly has two souls hidden in one body.

Zhengting quickly sits in the seat next to Ruibin, turning to the latter with bright eyes, "Before Rui-ge called me, I was about to say that Kunkun, Yiyi and I were planning to shop after stopping by Xiao Ban Cafe, so I was wondering if you wanted to join us!"

"WHAT?!"

And Ruibin's world turns upside down... Or more like Xukun is so outraged by the question that he stands up and slams his hands on the side of the table so harshly that the forgotten bowl of water catapults into the air and drenches all four of them in water.

Yeah, this is his life now, apparently.