Chapter 9

Home and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol

Her sobs had turned into soft breaths as she fell asleep in my arms, feet curled like a ballerina’s into the gap between my thighs and the edge of the sofa. Everything about her was ethereal. From the way her small fingers clasped the lapels of my shirt to the way she muttered my name in her sleep. Even after years apart, nothing about her had changed. Her apartment, as I noticed, was layered in books related to her profession and her interests. Coffee mugs of various shapes and sizes loitered around on her furniture and I could see hair pins and earrings sprawled across her kitchen counter. I could imagine her trying on each pair against the mirror, scrutinising it with accuracy. Before finally deciding to leave her pretty lobes bare in defeat, at not finding a perfect match with her dress. I weaved my hands through her velvety locks as I scanned her home, letting her environment seep into my being as I calmed myself down in her presence. It was when I felt my own head droop onto hers with sleep, that I felt my phone bring me out of my reverie with its incessant vibration. Begrudgingly I untangled myself from her warmth and she lazily opened her eyes at my movement.

‘’Where are you going?’’ she croaked, her voice laced with sleep and worry as she tried to push strength into her words.

‘’I am right here love, I am not going anywhere hmm.’’ I whispered, pecking her forehead. ‘’Just lay back down and I’ll be with you in a second okay?’’ Finally, a promise I could keep, I thought to myself as I assured her.

‘’You won’t be too long will you?’’ She replied, her back slumping against the sofa as she tried to sit up. My heart dropped at her words. The buzzing of my phone indicating Yixing’s call prevented me from pulling her into my arms and kissing away all thoughts of separation from her beautiful mind.

‘’I’ll be back before you know it.’’ I mouthed, cupping her head in my arms as a makeshift pillow, I laid her onto the couch and covered her with a comforter.

‘’Yeah, Yixing?’’ I said, picking up the phone, my eyes glued to Ella as I spoke to him.

‘’Paparazzi saw you go into her apartment Chanyeol. It’s a mess but PR is doing its best to handle it. Let’s keep her away from the public until official statements are recorded okay? The drunk man…It’s her father Chanyeol, I am not sure what you’d like me to do?’’ Yixing spoke, he was always curt when dealing with stressful situations, only ever mentioning key aspects and presenting rational questions. There would be no one who could ever fill his shoes. He’d done all of his research before calling me and I could feel the anger bubble in his voice.

‘’Get the lawyers onto him. He’s been taking money from Ella, harassing her...I don’t know how far he’s gone in physically damaging her but Yixing…I…just make sure he never leaves the cell.’’ I replied, the words stumbling out of my mouth, as I turned my back to Ella. She didn’t need to hear anything related to that vile man, even subconsciously.

‘’I’ll update you on the legal proceedings as they occur.’’ He said. I could feel him hesitating, as if he wanted to say something more than just formal conversation.

‘’What is it Yixing?’’ I asked, egging him on.

‘’Take care of her. And, I just wanted to say sorry for tonight. I shouldn’t have made either of you uncomfortable for my own selfish needs. I’ll send in something for Ella tomorrow? How about chocolates or flowers in apology?’’ He answered, his thoughts bursting into speech as he came up with new ideas on call. I felt my shoulders relax as I heard him, he cared so deeply for someone he had met only recently. I couldn’t be more thankful to him and Sunmi, for everything they had done for me. For bringing me back to my life.

‘’Yixing, calm down. You don’t need to do anything. Rather, I should be saying thank you. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter