Chapter 6

Home and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol

‘’Sunmi, stop. Just, what are you doing!’’ I slammed my hand down on the fine dining table in anger. She’d dragged me to the hotel restaurant to have dinner and didn’t even let me talk to her about what was going on. Instead she insisted on ordering appetisers and reading the drinks menu like a report card, her eyebrows furrowing as she bought the taste of each beverage to her lips. She looked at me, shocked, and then turned her head to assess the damage done by my loud voice on the neighbouring tables. Mumbling a quick apology to the old couple enjoying their dinner right next to us she looked back up at me, slamming the menu card onto the wooden surface.  

‘’Who do you think you are? Hmm?’’ She asked me, obviously seething herself. I had never seen her take on this kind of a role and my earlier anger dissipated into shock at her change in character.

‘’What do you mean?’’ I asked her, bewildered.

‘’Did you really think you could keep it from me and Yixing forever? About Ella? I am a doctor Chanyeol, give me a little bit of credit would you please!’’ She replied, chewing on her lips as she crossed her arms on the small dining table.

‘’I…’’ I didn’t have any words and frankly I was too scared of her at this minute to say anything in reply, my own shoulders hunched forward in anticipation.

‘’Yeollie,’’ Her voice softened as she noticed my obvious discomfort and she cleared a little before speaking again, ‘’I’ve known for a while now that Alle was a made up name for the girl you loved as a teenager.’’ My eyes widened a little at her revelation.

During our therapy sessions, I used Alle as an alias for Ella. Her name spelt backwards meant Protector and Defender in Greek and that’s who she was. She protected me from myself when I was almost suicidal due to my mother’s death and defended me and my dreams every time my new family disregarded my passion. Ella was the true embodiment of an angel. My angel. A career as an international celebrity with fans of every kind meant some of them could be harmful. A lot of my sessions with Sunmi were very casual and often held in cafes. She felt that changes in setting often paved the way for clearer thoughts. It was because of this, that I was worried someone would be able to trace things back to her, had one of our impromptu consultations ever been recorded, Ella would’ve been in danger where ever she was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter