Chapter 7

Home and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing 

My heart was racing. The plan, was for them to get together again. That we would have them meet up and let things play out from there. Then why was she hugging him? Did she have feelings for him too? Was she trying to be the bigger person by pushing them aside? Every time we’d met over the past few months, I saw her eyes twinkle as she looked at me. I thought she was trying to show me how much she liked me, then why was she in his arms, embracing him and looking at him like that? Was the sparkle not reserved for me? I needed answers tonight, I couldn’t wait any longer to tell her how I felt about her. The thought of her possibly liking someone else brought bile to my throat. I pressed down on the accelerator and drove to the hotel as fast as I could. Dropping Ella off at her apartment and leaving her outside in the cold was the worst thing I’d ever done. She looked crestfallen. Seeing the love of your life being intimate with your best friend, while a guy you had just been acquainted with, treats you like his girlfriend. That was too much to handle in one night. I’d made her uncomfortable and I knew I had to apologise profusely. I smiled when I remembered how Chanyeol looked at her when he saw her first, that giant, he could’ve just made a move right there. Being a celebrity obviously hadn’t improved his people skills. He’d chosen the perfect woman for himself. Kind, loyal, gentle and above all, selfless. Ella was perfect for him and I knew they’d be flawless together.

I saw Sunmi walk over to the elevators and press the button calling for them. Her waist length hair fell in waves, covering the symbol that had been inked on to the back of her long neck. It was a dream catcher. I chuckled to myself as I reminisced why she’d gotten herself inked. It had been because she’d had a great dream, something so beautiful, that she wanted to remember it forever. When I questioned her over the sudden decision she explained, stating her desire to keep the good dreams close to her. She saw no better way to keep them safe other than embedding them into her skin permanently. Her tattoo was her happy store, or so she liked to call it. It was amazing how she found happiness in the smallest of things, how I could find happiness in whatever she did.

‘’Sunmi wait!’’ I shouted from across the foyer of the hotel. She turned around to gauge the source of the noise and her eyes fell upon mine. I ran over to where she stood and pulled her into the elevator as it dinged, indicating its arrival.

‘’Why are you here?’’ She asked me, slightly startle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter