Chapter 4

Home and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol

He had set me up to this. Yixing, the Devils Angel . He abandoned me in the bar of some hotel to fend for myself, against a girl who was more than delighted to enlighten a celebrity, with stories of her experiences with nose jobs.

I was ready to die within the first 30 seconds of her monologue. I knew that if she’d giggled one more time, I would recommend her, to visit my own therapist for bouts of uncontrollable laughter. I could picture Sunmi pretending to listen to this girl talk about her various surgical implants. However, the reality of the whole 1 hour private consultation was; Sunmi doodling away in her black book giving her ‘’friends’’ as she liked to call them, enough attention for them to continue talking and at the end of it all, book another highly expensive consult. Sunmi was a great listener, and above all, she allowed me to talk freely. I didn’t have to worry about being judged in front of her.

‘’So then I told the doc- of course I wanted to get a nose job, my face lift wasn’t due for another month…’’ The girl who was sat across from me, goodness knows what her name was, continued talking as I sighed, swivelling the clear bronzed liquid in my glass. If Yixing didn’t show up in 2 minutes he would be visiting the job office tomorrow morning.

‘’Chanyeol…’’ I turned my head to the source of the noise as Yixing came bustling through the half empty bar, calling out for me. He’d just saved himself from unemployment, but then again his timing had always been impeccable.

‘’About time you decided to show up.’’ I scoffed at him slightly whispering my comments into his ear, taking note of the jewellery. He was dressed up for the evening.

‘’You made me leave the prettiest woman I’ve had the fortune of meeting in like forever, just so I could pick you up from a bar.’’ He replied. I could sense the irritation in his voice. This must have been some woman.

‘’It’s your fault I am in this mess in the first place.’’ I snapped back at him, getting up from the bar stool. ‘’Thank you for your time Miss, I must get going now, have a nice evening.’’ I said, turning to the girl. She didn’t say a word at my abrupt departure, and hung open as she finally stopped talking. I walked out of the bar, Yixing at my heels as we made our way to the car park.

‘’Here, take the keys, I am not driving. You owe me at least that much for sabotaging my date.’’ He threw me the keys to our SUV as I grunted. He knew how much I loved to drive and understood that being an international celebrity prevented me from having some time to myself. Which is why on peaceful days, where I wasn’t drowning in my own thoughts, he let me have my fun. Yixing and I had met at an underground hideout for rookie artists years ago. He danced terrifically to my impromptu compositions one night and we had hit it off instantly. Now, he was my manager and choreographer. More importantly, he was my best friend. I climbed into the car and he took shotgun as we drove off into New York, heading towards my hotel.

‘’Drop me off at the gate yeah? I need to take the car back and pick up my date. I asked her to wait for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter