Not everything changes

Mistakes and Regrets

A/N: I've reread the first two chapters and I think that this needs a happy ending since Satzu isn't really that much of a tragic ship so I decided to write few more chapters to give it a pretty decent ending. 

 

__________________________________________________

 

Awkward silence was filling the whole table where the eight friends who used to always laugh and tease each other, are currently sitting at. 

 

They decided to have a mini reunion, saying that they didn't get to meet up often after they graduated college and established their own careers. 

 

Despite knowing that she’ll see Tzuyu, Sana still showed up, she didn't have a choice anyway since Momo literally dragged her all the way here. 

 

The others are still awkward with her around because of what happened to her and Tzuyu before but she kinda knows that it was her fault too so she had no choice but to deal with the awkwardness that she knew she brought. 

 

“Uhm why don't we order some foods already while we wait for Tzuyu.” Jihyo suggested, trying to lift the mood up as she was also having enough of the awkward atmosphere. 

 

“That's a great idea. Let's pick what we want to eat first before we call the waiter.” Jeongyeon stated with the others nodding in agreement. 

 

They were silently choosing which food they would like to order when the bell rang, signalling that someone just came.

 

Sana immediately looked towards the direction of the entrance and there she saw Chou Tzuyu, her beloved ex. 

 

Their eyes met but they both looked away almost immediately. This was the second time that they're seeing each other again after the break up. 

 

“Tzuyu!” Nayeon happily greeted before she stood up to hug their maknae whom she missed a lot. 

 

Even before Tzuyu could hug back or even react, Jihyo pushed Nayeon away and hugged the youngest of them all. 

 

“We've missed you, kiddo” she hugged her tighter with the latter hugging back, “I've missed you too” a smile was formed on Tzuyu's lips. 

 

“I missed you my dear chingu.” it was now Chaeyoung's turn to hug her bestfriend and soon after, they all hugged Tzuyu one by one except for Sana who just awkwardly watched them on her seat.

 

Fortunately, Momo noticed Sana being uncomfortable watching them all by herself so she immediately went beside her bestfriend, feeling guilty for dragging Sana to come when she knew that it'll be hard for her. 

 

“Hey, are you okay?” she nudged Sana's side, getting it's attention. 

 

“Huh? Oh yeah, I'm totally fine.” Sana replied rather sarcastic then gave Momo a small smile. 

 

“Sorry for forcing you to come along.” concern was purely evident on Momo's voice which made Sana smile. 

 

“I'm really fine, Mo. Just a little uncomfortable since you know.. she's here.” a sigh left Sana's lips that made Momo feel more bad for causing her bestfriend a hard time. 

 

“Listen, I'm really sorry for dragging you here. I should've put your feelings into consideration but don't worry, I got your back” Momo said with a smug smile that made Sana feel better and more relaxed knowing that there is someone who she can rely on. 

 

Sana's really glad that Momo still acts the same towards her since their other friends seems to limit their interactions with her including their other Japanese friend, Mina. 

 

Once the others were done welcoming Tzuyu, they all went back to their seats. Tzuyu noticed that the only vacant seat was the one across from Sana so she hesitated for a while but eventually sat down since she didn't have any other choice.

 

“Since Tzuyu's late, it's going to be her treat!” Chaeyoung enthusiastically said, looking at her same-aged friend with a teasing smile.

 

“Yey! Tzuyu's going to pay” Dahyun joyfully cheered then high-fived with Chaeyoung.

 

“Aigoo fine. Just order anything that you want, I'll pay for it.” Tzuyu chuckled, she knew that she has no other choice but to say yes to her friends. 

 

They are now waiting for their order to be served and the awkward silence had filled their table once again. 

 

“So Tzuyu how are you?” Nayeon asked, having enough of the deafening silence. 

 

Tzuyu cleared before answering “I'm good. Everything is fine.. I'm happy with my life, I'm contented with what I have as of now.” Tzuyu flashed a smile and her eyes accidentally landed on Sana whose expression seems to have changed. 

 

“How about you unnie? How are you?” Tzuyu quickly averted her eyes at Nayeon. 

 

“Oh I'm more than fine. Actually there's another reason why we asked to have a mini reunion. Me and Jeongyeon have something to say.. ” she looked at Jeongyeon and grabbed her hand, “We're engaged!” Nayeon and Jeongyeon happily announced. 

 

“Omo! Congratulations unnies! But why didn't we know about this? When did you propose Jeongyeon unnie?” Chaeyoung asked with her famous dimpled smile albeit surprised with the news. 

 

“I proposed three months ago on a private resort. I wanted it to be just the two of us to be more romantic, sorry.” Jeongyeon sheepishly grinned, scratching the back of her neck. 

 

“That's okay, but we're really happy for you guys! It's nice to know that you finally decided to tie the knot. You've been dating since we were in highschool and now the long wait is over, finally.” Jihyo enthusiastically stated before giving her two friends a warm smile. 

 

“Thank you guys. And of course, you are all invited to our wedding.” Nayeon said while showing her famous bunny teeth. 

 

“I hope you'll be happy all the time unnies. But Jeongyeon unnie, if you ever hurt my Nayeon unnie then I'll kill you.” Tzuyu jokingly threatened which caused a few laughters.

 

“Aigoo, I'll never hurt her Tzu. I won't let those seven years of dating her go to waste. I love Nayeon, don't worry” Jeongyeon reassured before kissing the back of Nayeon's hand. 

 

“That's great.. I'll never forgive you if you cheat on her.” Tzuyu jokingly said but it seems to affect Sana a lot, remembering the days she cheated on Tzuyu, causing her to clench her fist which Momo noticed.

 

“Oh guys, I would like to remind that me and Mina have been dating for five years now and counting, so you can expect Mina to propose to me soon.” Momo said to slightly change the topic then she placed her arm on Mina's shoulder to pull her closer.

 

“Aigoo, Mina unnie I think you should hurry. It seems like Momo unnie can't wait to get married already.” Dahyun teased, nudging Mina's arms. 

 

“Hmm, I'll think about it. We'll see.” Mina playfully shrugged and before Momo could reply, their order had arrived and Momo immediately removed her hold from Mina and gave all her attention to the food in front of her. 

 

‘They're already talking about marriage and here I am, still hoping that my ex would love me again. My life is so tragic.’ Sana thought before taking a bite on her food. 

 

The lunch was fine, they were a little quiet as expected but they would throw some jokes or tease each other from time to time. 

 

They were already done eating and after chatting for a while, Jeongyeon and Nayeon took their leave first since they had an appointment with the wedding planner. Jihyo left after the two saying that she had a business meeting to attend to. 

 

“. I didn't bring my umbrella.” Sana blurted out when the rain started to pour hard all of the sudden. 

 

“You should've bring it with you Sana” Momo clicked her tongue, scolding her friend. 

 

“It's in my car. I rode your car on the way here so it's basically your fault for dragging me.” Sana retorts at her friend before combing her hair with her fingers, quite frustrated. 

 

Momo just looked at her for a minute with her hand on her chin like she's thinking of something. 

 

“Tzuyu, you have your umbrella right? Do you mind walking Sana ho- ouch! That hurts Mina!” Momo whined while caressing her foot which Mina stomped onto. 

 

Mina glared at her like she's warning Momo before another word comes out from . Sana just looked down while Tzuyu just awkwardly looked at Momo

 

“What? I was just asking Tzuyu if she could walk Sana home. Why'd you have to step on my foot?” Momo pouted at Mina, still unaware that Sana just wants to murder her right now. 

 

“You can just drive Sana home.” Mina told her girlfriend after heaving a sigh. 

 

“But we have a date. Shall we cancel it so that I can send Sana home?” Momo asked her girlfriend with an innocent smile. 

 

“Aish. Chae, can you send Sana home?” Mina turned her head to look at Chaeyoung. 

 

“Sorry but I have to send Dahyun to her house so..” Chaeyoung replied, feeling sorry. 

 

“It's okay, I can walk home by myself.” Sana butted in, not wanting to bother her friends any longer. 

 

“But it's raining Sana and you don't have your umbrella.” worry was written on Momo's face but her look shows how much she wanted someone to send Sana home or to be more specific, for Tzuyu to send her home. 

 

Mina pondered for a while before heaving a sigh, “Momo's gonna send you home.”

 

“But you have a date..” Sana lowly said while slowly looking down, this is actually the first time Mina initiated a conversation with her. 

 

“We can do it tomorrow. It's raining.. you're gonna get soaked in the rain and you'll get sick.” Mina seriously said with a hint of worry, this made Sana smile unknowingly, she was glad that Mina still cares about her. 

 

“But I don't want to be the reason why you'll have to cancel your date. I can handle myself, if I get sick then I'll just have to deal with it.” Sana reasoned, waving her hands at the air trying to stop them from worrying about her. 

 

“Sana, just let Mo-” Mina was cut off by Tzuyu. 

 

“I'll walk her home.”

 

This caused all of them to look at her in shock, specially Sana. 

 

“You don't have to. I'll b-” Sana was about to argue but Tzuyu stood up from her seat. 

 

“Don’t even think about declining. Let's go. I didn't bring my car so we better start walking, your house is quite far from here.” Tzuyu turned her back on Sana, not waiting for her reply then she walked towards the exit. 

 

Sana was just looking at Tzuyu's back, still in daze with what's happening right now so Momo had to nudge her side, “Tzuyu's waiting, go~” 

 

She looked at Momo who's smirking at her then back at Tzuyu who's now looking at her. 

 

“Right.. But I still hate you though.” Sana said while slowly standing up and approached Tzuyu hesitantly.

 

“I love you too!” Momo yelled while waving Sana goodbye, “In a platonic way, of course.” she nervously chuckled when Mina looked at her weirdly. 

 

Tzuyu stepped out of the door and opened her umbrella, “Let's go” she told Sana with a slight smile. 

 

“Are they going to be okay?” Dahyun asked when the two were out of sight. 

 

“They will be. Actually, more than okay I bet.” Mina shrugged and Momo just looked at her like she's grown another head.

 

“Is that really you Mina? You're okay with Sana and Tzuyu together? Wait, are you really my Mitang?” Momo teased while Mina just playfully rolled her eyes at her. 

 

“Sana.. she had changed.. but her love for Tzuyu didn't. I guess one and a half year is enough. She also suffered a lot, you know.” a smile became visible on the others lips upon hearing that from Mina. 

 

She's right though, Sana did change.

 

She didn't really step inside any bar again, they didn't see any other girl beside Sana anymore. Instead of going out on a date, Sana would just go at the park by herself, she never got tired of waiting for Tzuyu. 

 

They could only hope that it'll work out between Sana and Tzuyu again.