Regrets

Mistakes and Regrets

“You came” Tzuyu gave Sana a knowing smile, not minding the new hickeys on Sana's neck nor Sana's swollen lips.

 

“Yeah, sorry for being late” Sana apologized before sitting beside Tzuyu. 

 

“At least you came...” Tzuyu gave her a small smile before adding, “That's enough for me.” 

 

Sana was left confused with what was happening so she asked, “Tzuyu, why did you want to talk? Is there a problem? And why is your eyes puffy again? Did you cry?” she asked, checking if the younger is hurt somewhere. 

 

“Why are you like that? Do you really not know?” Tzuyu's shoulders dropped as she asked with a tired smile. 

 

“Know what?” Sana asked, more confused than earlier, not having a clue about what Tzuyu is talking about. 

 

Sana, I'm tired.” Tzuyu said with pain evident on her voice, being the most vulnerable Tzuyu that Sana has ever seen.

 

“W-what do you mean?” Sana asked looking clueless as ever but her heart starts to beat erratically on her chest. 

 

Tzuyu scoffed in disbelief. She doesn't know if Sana's just pretending not to know or she's just really that oblivious. “The act that we always do whenever we're together. We always pretend that we're still happy to cover the reality that we are over. It's been some months now since I've known that you were cheating on me. Yes, Sana, I know about it. I've accepted that and let you be but Sana, I'm sorry but I can't deal with your s anymore.” she stated that left Sana speechless. 

 

“Y-you knew? But.. H-how?” Sana asked shocked with the newly found information, eyes bulging out of its socket. 

 

“Those hickeys on your body whenever you come home with someone else, says it. Those random names that you say whenever you're asleep tells it. I may be a fool for you but I'm not that dumb to not realise the things that you do. I always knew, Sana. I just chose to say nothing and pretend that everything was alright because I love you.” Tzuyu's face turned red as she was already fuming, tears also started to form in her eyes. 

 

“I only did that because you weren't willing to do so! I just wanted to have fun every night but you didn't give me that so I tried looking for someone else. I was also pretending that everything was fine. I was also suffering!” Sana countered, words were just flowing out of without any thoughts. 

 

“Suffering? What do you know about suffering when having fun on somebody else's arms is what you do everyday?!” Tzuyu questioned, unknowingly raising her voice that took Sana by surprise since the latter never really raised her voice at her like this.

 

“Shouldn't you be thankful that I still come home to you everyday? Wasn't that enough?!” Sana retorted but eventually regretted after seeing Tzuyu's reaction 

 

After hearing those from Sana, Tzuyu bitterly laughed to stop the tears that were threatening to fall. 

 

Tzuyu looked at Sana, the patience that she had showed her before is now long gone. “That was enough for me. It was more than enough that's why I still chose to love you even if I'm not sure whether you still love me or not. Even if it felt like I'm being stabbed by a knife on the chest multiple times, I ignore those pains just to be with you! Now let me ask you, was my love for you not enough to make you stay? Am I really not enough?” she asked but the older just looked at her and didn't utter anything for a reply as each words that her girlfriend had said caused her to keep mum. 

 

“I knew it. I was never enough for you.” Tzuyu stated, sensing that the latter won't answer, before a lone tear fell from her eye. 

 

Seeing Tzuyu cry was indeed a rare sight for Sana since the younger would always smile whenever she sees her. She would always act tough whenever they are together. 

 

“You are enough, you were more than enough actually that is was pressuring me to be with you. It's just that I wanted to look for something more.” Sana admitted, her head slowly moving down with each word as she doesn't have the courage to look at Tzuyu. 

 

“If you looked for something else then that means that I wasn't enough. I'm glad that the others woke me up from this nightmare...” Tzuyu said while looking at the sky, avoiding to look at Sana. 

 

“Tzuyu...” was all that Sana was able to utter. 

 

“I can't take it anymore. The pain that you've cost me is enough. You've already tore me into pieces that I don't even know how to fix myself anymore. I'm letting you go Sana. I'm tired of holding on” Tzuyu's voice had cracked and as if on cue, her tears started to fall continously, releasing all the pain that had already been built up inside of her. 

 

“But.. w-we can still fix this.” Sana suddenly held her hands as she reasoned. 

 

Tzuyu chuckled bitterly before looking at Sana, “That's what I thought too, but it turns out that I was wrong. Our love is hopeless, it'll only lead to pain and sadness.” 

 

“N-no! Let's work this out. Let's fix this, please.” Sana squeezed the latter's hands, begging for a second chance. 

 

“You're begging. It feels like a dream..” Tzuyu said with sarcasm, unable to believe the scene in front of her. 

 

“Come on, we can fix this. Don't give up on us.” Sana pushed, eyes quivering with expectation. 

 

“You already gave up a long time ago so I guess it's also time for me to do so.” Tzuyu retracted her hands from the older and wiped her tears. 

 

“Tzuyu..” Sana wasn't able to hold it anymore, much to Tzuyu's surprise, she also started to cry. 

 

Let's officially break up. I'm letting you go, you should be happy. You're free.” Tzuyu bitterly laughed while wiping Sana's tears, it's quite weird for her to say but she hates to see her cry.

 

“You'll be free to do anything that you want from now on. I won't meddle with your life anymore. I'll give you the freedom to live your life to the fullest. But take care of yourself, okay?” Tzuyu stated between sobs before hugging Sana comfortingly to stop her from crying.

 

“It's time to let go. Bye Sana. It was nice meeting you. Don't forget that I loved you.” Tzuyu stood up from the bench and bowed as a final goodbye. 

 

Sana knew from then that she couldn't do anything to make her stay, “G-Goodbye...” she replied and smiled bitterly to Tzuyu which the younger reciprocated before taking her leave. 

 

“I love you, Tzuyu.” Sana was only able to watch the latter's figure slowly vanishing from her sight and when Tzuyu was truly gone, Sana was left there crying in regret. 

 

                                           ——

 

*1 year later*

 

Sana's on her way to the park. After the break up with Tzuyu, it became her habit to go to the park every week.

 

Hoping that Tzuyu would come back and wait for her right there. 

 

She sat at the same bench where she and Tzuyu had their last day together. 

 

“It's been a year already, Tzuyu. I miss you.” Sana whispered to the air, a sad smile formed on her lips. 

 

Tzuyu never came back after that day, she didn't even bother to gather her things at her and Sana's apartment. 

 

 

And Sana doesn't have any news about Tzuyu since Mina and the others refuse to say anything about her. 

 

But Sana had changed since Tzuyu left. 

 

She never came back to the bar which were like home to her already. She didn't even went out of her apartment for weeks, it was just Momo who pulled her out of the apartment and told her to continue living her life. 

 

She also noticed that the others except Momo had been cold towards her, she doesn't blame them though, she knew that it was her fault since she hurt Tzuyu whom they all treasure so much. 

 

Sana regretted everything that she had done to Tzuyu. Oh just how she badly wishes to have her in her life again but she knew that it won't happen. It never will. 

 

The moment Tzuyu had left, Sana had realized how much she means to her. She had gotten used to living with the younger by her side and losing her was really hard for her to accept. 

 

Her train of thoughts were put to a stop when a girl suddenly sat beside her, completely getting her attention. 

 

The smell of perfume lingering from the girl is just so familiar that Sana wasn't able to get her eyes away from the girl. 

 

“Where is she?” The girl impatiently asked herself. She looks like she's waiting for someone. 

 

‘That perfume is so familiar’ Sana told herself and continued to stare at the girl beside her. 

 

The girl felt that someone was staring at her so she looked beside her and was surprised to see a squirrel-like girl, staring at her with such intensity. 

 

The girl was about to open to say something to Sana but stopped midway when someone suddenly held her shoulders that shocked her. 

 

“What the he- babe!” The girl stood up to hug the other girl who had just arrived. 

 

“Elkie, sorry I was late. Jieqiong unnie ordered me to drop by at the office.” The other girl, who had just arrived, said. 

 

“It's okay, I understand.” The girl who Sana assumed was Elkie, stated. 

 

“To make it up to you, why don't we have lunch at your favorite restaurant, my treat.” The undeniably familiar girl said, still unaware of her presence. 

 

“That'll be great!” Elkie said with so much enthusiasm. 

 

They were about to go but Sana suddenly called the other girl by her name. 

 

“Tzuyu.”

 

After hearing an oddly familiar voice calling her name, Tzuyu turned around and was surprised to see her ex girlfriend standing right there. 

 

“Sana.”

 

“It's been a long time.” Sana said with shock still evident on her face, still couldn't believe that Tzuyu's right in front of her. 

 

“Y-yeah, a long time.” Tzuyu replied, also surprised to see Sana. 

 

“Where have you been?” Sana asked the question that she badly needed to know what the answer would be. 

 

“I went back to Taiwan and stayed there for a while. How are you?” Tzuyu asked with a slight smile. 

 

“I'm doing fine” Sana lied. Since Tzuyu left, Sana's world fell apart. She’s not okay, she’s not fine. 

 

“Ahh..” Tzuyu nodded awkwardly scratching the back of her neck as she doesn't know what to do. 

 

“Babe, do you know her?” Elkie asked Tzuyu before looking at Sana. 

 

“I do, she's an old friend. Right Sana?” Tzuyu glanced at Sana as if telling her to just follow along. 

 

“Yeah....old friend” Sana replied with a blank face. Tzuyu just introduced her as an old friend, not an ex or something else but an old friend. 

 

“Ah, well I'm Elkie Chong, Tzuyu's girlfriend. It's nice to meet you” Elkie told Sana with a smile before handing her hand out for a handshake. 

 

‘So that was why the perfume smells familiar, she's Tzuyu's girlfriend so Tzuyu's smell might have been adopted by her. And also the bracelet that she's wearing, it's Tzuyu's so that was why I couldn't get my eyes of her earlier.’ Sana thought to herself. 

 

“Minatozaki Sana, it's nice meeting you too” Sana faked a smile but still accepted the handshake otherwise. 

 

“You look good together” Sana said with a bitter smile that was hard for her to hide. 

 

“Thank you. I honestly think that it was fate that brought me and Tzuyu together. I believe that me and Tzuyu is perfect for each other, right babe?” Elkie asked Tzuyu and Tzuyu smiled at her lovingly before nodding as a yes.

 

“Y-you re-really d-do look l-like you a-are pe-perfect t-together!” Sana stuttered while her tears are threatening to fall from her eyes. 

 

“Right.. I think we should get going now. It was nice seeing you again Sana. Bye..” Tzuyu waved goodbye and started walking away with her girlfriend but Sana held her wrist causing her to stop walking any further. 

 

“Do you need something?” Tzuyu asked after turning to face Sana. 

 

‘You. I need you’ Sana wants to say that so bad but chose not to. 

 

“I hope you'll be happy with her forever.” Sana said with a smile that Tzuyu's can't quite distinguish. 

 

“Thank you.” Tzuyu replied with hesitation. 

 

“Babe! Are you coming?” Much to Sana's dismay, Elkie called Tzuyu. 

 

“I need to go.. It was nice seeing you again.” Tzuyu said then slightly smiled at Sana.

 

“Ah okay.. Bye” Sana said with a hint of disappointment that the younger failed to notice. 

 

“Bye.” Tzuyu replied before turning her back on Sana then she jogged towards Elkie.

 

And for the second time, Tzuyu left her and all that she can do was watch her figure slowly vanish. It was just like the time where Tzuyu broke up with her, the only difference was that this time, Tzuyu was with someone. Tzuyu had somebody by her side.

 

This time, Tzuyu left with a smile not with a tear falling from her eye. 

 

Sana can only watch her love smile so genuinely in somebody else's arms while slowly fading away from her world.

 

“Tzuyu, you look so happy. I wish I was the one who could make you smile like that. I wish that you were still mine. But you are happy with someone else now and I can only watch you smile to another girl because I don't have the right to have you for myself anymore.” Sana lowly said, emitting sadness and pain. 

 

“So this is the pain that Tzuyu felt when she sees me with someone else. It hurts so much. I can't believe that I've let her get hurt this much instead of making her smile” Sana said while clutching her chest that was aching with pain. 

 

“She deserves to be happy with someone better than me and I deserve to live in regret for taking her for granted. I don't deserve her, I hope you'll be happy forever Tzuyu.” Sana whispered to the air, there was pain in her tone but the sincerity was also present. 

 

Sana wants to hate Elkie but she doesn't have any reason to do so. Elkie fixed Tzuyu when Sana left her broken. She felt relieved to see the latter smile so genuinely because of a girl who treats her right. 

 

“Thank you for all the memories. I only wish you the happiness that you deserve” Sana said before letting out a deep breath. 

 

Finally, she was able to see Tzuyu smile for real. Not the fake smile that she gives when she was still with Sana. 

 

Even with the pain that she's feeling after seeing the girl whom she loves so much with another girl, she still managed to smile after seeing Tzuyu happy. 

 

She has to accept the painful fact that she is no longer part of Tzuyu's life. 

 

Tzuyu's world doesn't rotate around her anymore.

 

Tzuyu wasn't that girl who kept loving her, anymore. She held on to Elkie and had completely let go of Sana. She had let go just when Sana decided to hold on.

 

And that is where Sana felt the feeling of regret surging through her veins, causing her body to weaken that made her fall on her knees, making her heart ache with pain, and that pain changed its form and became visible as it came out from her eyes in the form of tears. 

 

“Be happy with her.” Sana then stood up and decided to walk home already.

 

“I love you, my Tzuyu.” Sana glanced at the bench one last time then she continued to walk away.