Chapter 2

Lonely Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun didn't like that at all.

He didn't like how the guys were all forcing you to get a boyfriend, especially Kai. He was practically flirting with you in front of him. Like, can't he just mind his own business and back off? It's not even funny when Kai thinks it's alright to joke about things like that.

Byun Baekhyun.

He don't even like the idea of you dating. No, he don't even like to put your name and dating in a sentence together. It's ridiculous but he don't want anyone to hurt you especially when he knows that you aren't experienced in dating at all.

He didn't want you to cry.

The last time you cried a lot was when the doctor couldn't save your father who was involved in a car accident. You were crying for days and it pains him so much to see tears flowing down your cheeks continuously. From then on, he vows to protect you from anything and everything, not knowing that he is actually one of the reasons why you cry so much these days.

He felt the need to take care of you even though his friends found it ridiculous. They told him that you weren't a kid anymore but Baekhyun didn't care. He's possessive and as your best friend, he felt that he has all the rights to take care for you.

Which includes, stopping you from being too close to the people that he thinks might end up hurting you. That's right, what an idiot he is. 

"Baekhyun, what are you doing here?"

He on his lower lips before throwing you a smirk, "Your mom let me in."

"She did?" Baekhyun simply nodded. You eyed him suspiciously, looking for your mom until you reaslise that she's probably attending her company's dinner. Oh, not her company but the company she works at. 

Let me explain alittle.

Your mom actually loves Baekhyun a lot. He's funny, filial and he has that cute smile which makes people fall in love with him. In your mom's case, she loves Baekhyun like her own son. She has always been fine with letting the two of you home alone since she trust him a lot, vice versa. Your mom even wants you to marry him someday in your 20s since she knows about your feelings for the latter.

This is kind of funny but she has already approved Baekhyun as your boyfriend even though your told her many times that it was impossible.

"So what? You don't just barge into someone else's room like that. What if I was changing? You could have seen me.." You stop, realising that you were spouting nonsense while Baekhyun seems to be enjoying it.

"? I have seen it a lot when we were still kids. What's there to worry about?" He chuckled. "And someone else's? No, Hana, you are mine. I'm just entering the room of mine."

W-What?

Your heartbeat fastened and you couldn't process anything after he said that. He might not mean it in the way you mean it, but still, it was killing you. It was killing every single cells in you especially the way he said mine.

Your heart is fluttering so much that you thought you couldn't breathe properly.

Baekhyun smirk even wider, knowing that whatever he said must have an effect on you when you couldn't stop playing with your fingers. Something you do when you are shy and nervous. 

"You are so cute, Hana."

You glared. "Stop it! Just tell me what you want and leave quickly. It's late and we have school tomorrow!"

"Can't I come over without any reasons?"

"No." You mutters, "Things are different now. You don't just come into a female-"

"Just because I have a girlfriend now?" He furrowed his brows at you, "It still wont change the fact that you are my best friend and I'm staying the night over even if you don't want me to."

"You are?"

"I am." He announced proudly.

"No. you aren't."

"Your mom said so. She even wants me to tell you to leave a bigger space for me so I won't end up on the floor in the middle of the night."

"That's obviously a lie." You rolled your eyes and he snickered, "Okay, the second one was a lie, but she did allow me to stay for the night. She's happy that I'm spending time with you so why are you not?"

You would have been excited if it was in the past. But it's not the same anymore. He has a girlfriend now and letting him sleep with you, just sounds so wrong. "Are you sure? I mean-"

"You know I hate it when you reject me. Now stop talking and listen to me. I need to ask you something." He pull you down to sit next to him and stared at you with a serious look.

"I know I have no rights to meddle with your life or anything, but we are best friends right?" You nodded, blankly. "We promised not to keep secrets to each other, remember?" You nodded again.

"So, do you have anyone you like? I want to hear the truth, no lies."

Your eyes widened, surprise written all over your face. You were definitely not expecting him to ask questions about who you like since he never did. He never cared about who you were attracted to simply because he thinks you aren't interested at all. Of course, you were never charmed by anyone except him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter