Chapter 2: Don't Be Afraid

#1 When Dark Fell for the Light [Baekhyun]

"Thank you so much for your help," Mrs. Kim said as she bowed her head in thanks at the cops that had arrived at the scene. "Mr. Byun if you wouldn't mind would you please my young Nari here to her home? I'm too afraid to have her walk home by herself," she asked before patting your head as a small show of comfort and security.

"Of course," the familiar voice said from beside your seat before you felt hands on your shoulders, helping you stand to your feet.

"You'll have the day off tomorrow dear," Mrs. Kim let you know before you were led out, "Get some rest."

You felt numb as Baekhyun led you from the small building and towards a black car that you had just now noticed parked on the side of the street. Baekhyun helped you to slide in before sliding in himself beside you.

After prattling off your address, which you didn't even notice enough to question, to the driver you barely felt the car start on it's way.

"Nari," Baekhyun called out as he placed a hand on your thigh, "Are you alright?"

"Blood," you muttered out making Baekhyun lean forward to hear you better.

"What?"

"There was blood everywhere. That could've been m-"

"Hey, don't talk like that," he interrupted as he reached farther and wrapped your hand in his warm one. "You're fine okay? No thinking negatively, they got what they deserved."

"How can you think that?" You asked him as you looked to him with wide eyes.

He sighed and rubbed his forehead, "Because they were robbing you guys and even if they didn't know you were there they still had the intention of harming you had they found you."

You stayed silent as you thought back to what happened before.

*2 Hours Earlier*

Run, Nari.

Gasping you jumped up and ignored the dead body laying in the kitchen as you took off, rushing out of the cafe. You never stopped, never looked back, just kept running from whatever the hell was in that building. Though you were forced to a stop when you bumped into something, or well someone.

"Woah," you heard before feeling arms come around you and steady you. "You okay?"

Panting, you looked up at the person who had caught you and almost sighed in relief when you noticed it was the guy from this morning. His eyes widened in recognition before narrowing slightly in concern.

"Nari?"

"Baekhyun."

"What's wrong?" He asked as he noticed the look of sheer panic and utter fear.

Lifting up a shaking hand you pointed back to the small cafe and breathed heavily. "There's some guys that just tried to rob us."

He looked in the direction you pointed and scowled slightly, "Okay wait one second, let me call for some help."

You shakily nodded and watched as he stepped away slightly, putting his phone to his ear to hear the call. Taking a step forward you managed to make it to the curb before falling to your rear and taking a well needed pause.

"Will you need an ambulance? " He asked as he knelt beside you.

You quickly shook your head and felt sick just thinking of one. "No, I'm fine don't worry bout me. I'm not really injured."

"Are you su-"

"I'm fine."

He nodded and relayed what you had told him through the phone before hanging up and taking the spot next to you, rubbing your back lightly as you both waited for help.

*****

"Nari? We're here," Baekhyun said softly as he brought you from your own thoughts.

You looked up out the car's window and stared at the walls of your apartment complex. "Okay," you said dumbly before slowly moving to open the door and stepping out, "Thank you."

Baekhyun slid to the seat you were previously occupying and looked up at you with concern, "You sure you'll be okay alone?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. If I need anything I'll just call my friend who lives a few houses down."

"Okay, my number is in your phone so if anything happens call me no matter the time okay?"

You nodded and thanked him once more for his concern before stepping away and shutting the door, waving once before heading into your apartment building. With shaking hands you got your keys from your bag and hurried to unlock your door, stepping in fast and locking it behind you. You still felt eyes on you though and crossed your arms over your chest to feel some kind of comfort.

You about jumped out of your skin when you heard your cell phone start to ring loudly echoing off the walls. You fumbled in your bag until the small device was in your hand and you answered the call.

"Hello?" You breathed into the phone as you slipped your shoes off of your sore feet.

"Nari? Are you okay?" The familiar voice off your childhood best friend called out through the phone's speaker.

"Ah, Hyuk Jae. I'm fine," you assured as you stepped into your kitchen and turned your lights on before opening the fridge.

"Are you sure?? Halmeoni told me what happened and told me to call you to make sure you were okay."

You smiled at the thought of Mrs. Kim and took a seat on a stool. "I'm really okay, I think. I don't know."

"Do you want me to come over?" He asked and you could hear him start to pack up his stuff making you smile.

"No, I'm alright. Thank you though. I think I'm just going to take a long bath and then go to bed."

Hyuk Jae was silent before sighing and agreeing, making sure you knew to call him if you needed him before hanging up the call. 

*****************

A few hours later you were now clean and lying in your queen sized bed that normally you could sink into and fall asleep rather quickly, but tonight you were still staring up at the ceiling with sleep evading you. Sighing once more you moved again, turning onto your side, and closed your eyes trying to force yourself to relax.

Nari.

You sat up quickly and looked around the room with wide eyes, your heart racing inside your chest. 

You heard the voice whisper your name, felt the breath brush across your cheek lightly, and could feel another presence in the room. It was official, you had gone insane. After witnessing what you had today you were only a few minutes from going to the closest loony bin and checking yourself in.

Nari, go to sleep. No one will hurt you tonight.

Great, the voice in my head cares, isn't that nice?

Groaning you flopped back onto your back and grabbed a pillow before laying it over your face and tuning out the voice. 

Sleep.

Weirdly enough you felt a calmness wash over your body and felt your mind start to shut down, feeling suddenly twenty times more tired than you had before. You were just about lost to the world when you felt the pillow on your face slowly being moved away but couldn't find enough strength to open your eyes.

You felt a light feather-like touch on your cheek before feeling something pressed lightly against your forehead.

No harm will happen to you tonight, rest Nari.

And with that, you were gone, falling deeper into your very own dreamland where no nightmares haunted you and you had the best sleep that you had in a while. All the while you never woke up to see the figure standing protectively by your bedside.