:: 0.1: a new wave

EPIK ACADEMY :: reboot :: APPLY OPEN! Finally back on the radar!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

0.1: a new wave

It was quite the cold spring day when principal Kim had called all the club leaders to come to the main meeting room. It was mainly used by the teachers, but occasionally, on moments like these, the big chairs would be occupied by students. They were all dressed in different uniforms. Their uniforms were unique, not only because they were in a club, but also because of the dark blue leader band tightly wrapped around their right upper arm. Usually, the vice-leaders would be called at such meetings too, but since this one was during class, the principal wanted to keep as many students in their class as possible. The leaders were all there. They were all sitting in a circle with the principal included. The principal's sidekicks were leaning against the wall in the corner of the room, supervising the meeting. There was Cho Haseul, the youngest leader at the moment, who would always sit next to the principal. She's so curious about what he's hiding that she takes every opportunity to stick to him and possibly steal some secret information. Next to her was Wonjun from Brando. He was leaning back in his chair nonchalantly, obviously not really excited to be in this meeting. Next in the row was Taeyeon from Artemis. They have always been quite indifferent, and in most of the meetings, Taeyeon would just stay silent. Her greatest ally was sitting next to her. Hakyeon was slightly leaning towards Taeyeon, but she didn't mind. Hakyeon always does that. Then there was Dowoo, the leader of The Daimons. He seemed to be tense, clenching his fists as his elbows were rested on the table. New people would get confused as why he was so tense, but the other leaders and students knew that he would always be tense if he was in the same room with Wonjun. The other leaders would always make sure that at least someone was sitting in between the two. Same for the next leader, Hyunwoo of MOTT. Placing him next to Hakyeon would be risky. Next to the buff figure were two leaders that were allies, but were a world of difference. Yongsun and Taeyong. They have some sort of alliance, and no one really knows why Yongsun would even allow Taeyong close to her members, because Imrud had a great reputation, and NCT... are the devils of school. Completing the circle was Kanghan, the vice-leader of Optimus, since Junhee was at the dorm, resting because of an illness. He was still in the fase of being really proud that he could participate in leader meetings, and he would always participate very well and help the principal.

 

Every single meeting, there would be a dreadful silence in the beginning, just because of the dark presence of some of the leaders. It's not that none of them got along, most of them were just careful, checking each other out. Many of them were wary about the presence of someone like Taeyong, and anyone would get wary around Wonjun's dark aura around him. It was invisible, but anyone could notice that it's there, the darkness. The silence was finally interrupted when Kanghan opened his mouth. "Sir, why did you call us today?"

 

"Well, Youngbin..." principal Kim and the staff always referred to Optimus' leader by his real name, but because there was already a boy named Youngbin in his club, and one in The daimons too, he always preferred to be called Kanghan, "I actually decided to call you all because we are getting some new students in around a week."

 

"Is that so important? Just new students?" Taeyong rolled his eyes before leaning back in his chair and resting his feet on the table. Yongsun immediately gave him a look and dragged his feet off the table in no time. If anyone that wasn't named Yongsun did this, they would've been dead. The principal shook his head. "Taeyong, can you please not interrupt me? I'm trying to explain this here." The man simply got a mere sigh in response, but at least the leader of NCT shut his damn mouth for once, allowing the principal to continue. "Well, these students are not regular students... Some of you may remember that I had men traveling around the world to bring the news of our school to foreign mutants." Haseul immediately caught onto it, and interrupted the principal, "So, sir, are these new students the first international recruits?" Principal Kim sighed in defeat.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter