All Prepared/Meeting Manager Oppa

Assistant to MBLAQ?.... Noooo problem....

                When I finally arrived in Seoul (from KwangJu), there was a man with a small silver Honda who drove me from the station to the manager’s headquarters. The new smell of the car even calmed some of my jumbled up nerves. The drive was quiet, but from time to time he would tell me something like his name (which was Changsu), his position, the street we were on, etc. I could tell he was someone like me: people who don’t like to talk much, so I honored his efforts by telling him things like my name and my business here. Thankfully, we reached our destination pretty quickly and he escorted me to the office before leaving completely.

                My heart was pounding in my chest as I stood in front of the door. As soon as I was let in by a random assistant, I looked up and down the hallway. ‘Should I run?’ I thought to myself, even though it was irrational.

                While I was standing there pondering my decisions, a guy with a white tank top and a nice body slipped past me and opened the door so that it slammed against the wall
 

                "Yah! Manager Hyung I’m leaving!" He said with a laughing voice before turning back to the door and jumping with a yelp when he finally noticed me. Blind much? The manager walked out the door and looked up when he heard the guy’s yelp.
 

                "Hwanyonghamnida (Welcome).” The manager said with a bow to me. I also bowed to him and answered with a smile.
 

                "Anyonghaseyo (Hi).” He beckoned me inside and the other person in the room finally decided to speak up.
 

                "Yah, manager hyung! Such a pretty girl! That’s your daughter?" The manager shot him a look before answering with irritation evident in his voice.
 

                "Weren’t you just leaving Joon? I have a lot of work to do." Joon? Where had I heard that name before? Hm . . .
 

                "So mean." The boy whined with a pout, slapping his manager on the back in good nature before smiling and bowing to me. When he straightened up, he smiled at me, winked . . . WINKED! Before jogging past me out the still open door. ‘I hate that guy’, I thought to myself as i willed my heart to stop beating so fast.

 

                "Could you please close that door, um, Rin is it? Manager asked. I smiled and nodded before doing as he requested.
 

                "Yes sir"
 

                "Oh what an exotic name" he said as I sat down on the chair in front of his desk. "And there’s no need for the 'sir' just call me manager oppa, or just manager if you’d prefer."
 

                "O-okay manager oppa . . ." The words felt weird coming out of my mouth but I didn’t mind it much, neither did the manager. Manager Oppa took the time to begin looking for something. I also took the opportunity to look around the unique office.

                It had smoky-gray tiled floors with brick walls all around instead of the standard plaster. One of the most interesting things about the room was the window that took up almost one entire side of the room and had the bricks arranged around it to look like an over-sized fireplace. The desk was arranged diagonally so that it had a clear view of both the window and the door. However my chair was facing away from the window and only had a limited view of the door. Despite that, the office was very comforting with a dark but comfy feel. Finally, I could hear Manager Oppa talking to me

 

                "I apologize for taking you away from your family on New Year’s. Is that really okay?" Manager Oppa asked, feeling slightly guilty about the urgency of calling me over.

 

                "Yes, uh, I don’t . . . live with or anywhere near my family." I answered, slightly twisting my words around. It’s technically not a lie. Lilly’s parents DO live very far off.
 

                "Oh, how sad. But, let’s get down to business, neh?" He proceeded, trying to brighten the mood with a grin. Manager Oppa then pulled out a paper and began going through a list of thing detailed in the contract. It was then he dropped the bomb on me. "You will be living in the same dorm as the boys-!" Wait.... WHAT?! I widened my eyes and interrupted Manager Oppa.
 

                "Um, excuse me M-Manager Oppa but, um, wouldn’t that cause some . . . conflict?" I blushed struggling to find the right words and hoped the manager wasn't like the headmaster who would give me a stern look for interrupting him like I tended to do . . . often.Diplomatic Rin, try to stay diplomatic
 

                "Not at all. Despite their attitudes, the boys are very respectful. Plus, you have your own room and bathroom. What could go wrong?" In the end, I couldn’t argue the matter any longer so I just gave up. Finally, I was exhausted and just wanted to curl up and sleep somewhere
 

                "Well Rin, I can see that you need some rest so I’ll have Changsu drop you off at the house. Then someone will be by tomorrow morning with your personal car, okay?” Manager Oppa explained with a warm smile as he handed me a few more papers and a credit card. “These are the boys’ schedule and you are allowed to charge anything you need on this credit card.”
 

                "Nomu kamsahamnida (Thank you very much).” I thanked Manager Oppa with a tired smile and proceeded to stand from my chair.
 

                "Anieyo and I hope you have a good experience with us."