Chapter 7

Charmer in the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“My coronation is in a week, General Wu,” said Crown Prince Wang Mu as he traced the gold borders of his father’s AKA the late King’s throne, the cushions on it fluffed as no one had sat on it for a whole week. No one other than a king is entitled to sit on it. He was on his way to the royal garden when he came across the throne room and thought of taking a quick look around along with the general.

 

“I am aware of that, crown prince,” the general replied. “The preparations have already started for it and the invitations to all the well-respected nobles have been sent. If you want to add anything else then do let me know.” he continued as he kept his head bowed.





 

“There is one more thing I would like you to do this week, general,” Wang Mu shifted his sight from the queen’s- his mother’s- garden to the middle-aged man standing a few metres away from him, “and I trust only you with this, so not a word of our conversation shall be spread,” he warns.

 

“Your command is my duty, his highness.”

 

“I want you to…” hesitance was clear in the young crown prince’s eyes but he still continued as he looked straight into the General’s eyes, “I need you to find Prince Eun.” now that he has said it he feels the weight in chest lowering down but he is still searching the elder’s eyes to find any sort of emotion to make him realise that ‘maybe it was a bad idea after all’.

 

“But, all those years, we have already searched for him everywhere and we still have not found even a single sign of his existence,” Yifan stated his view to the crown prince. “Do you still think that he is alive?”

 

“Knowing Eun, I know that he isn’t one of those people who give up easily. Even if he has no shelter above his head and no more money to feed himself, he will probably live even in the worst condition.” the young crown prince turned to look at his mother’s garden again and gently plucked the orchid as he continued, “If I recall properly, no one checked the villages on the outskirts, did they?”

 

“But there is no way the prince would’ve gone that far….or would he?” the general wondered.

 

“Keep this matter low. I want you and your few trusted soldiers to start the search again. Take as long as you might but do return back with him.”

 

“I will, His Highness.” he bowed and stepped back, ready to leave when he heard the Crown prince say,

 

“Don’t worry about your family, I’ll make sure they are fine and even give them a job around the palace if you don’t mind.”

 

“I am really thankful for that. I’ll leave with my soldiers in a few hours then.” he bowed once more and finally his heels to walk back to the training camp on the north side of the palace, leaving the crown prince to dwell in his own thoughts.

 

“I hope you are okay, Eun”







 

“I can’t find her anywhere.” Chanyeol whisper-yelled at the other two as he sneaked another look of the inside of Hyemin’ s house. In case you are wondering what is going on; Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had planned on taking a walk around the village with Hyemin but Chanyeol couldn’t go inside the house and call her, like he usually does, because he is scared that the girl’s father might suddenly show up and beat the out of him for even daring to come and meet Hyemin again.

 

“Should I just go in and call her?” Baekhyun asked as he kicked the rock near his foot to display his boredom to the two people standing in front of him.

 

“You can’t!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he quickly turned around and faced the bored midget. “Her father will kill her, before even killing you, for knowing you! He doesn’t like it when Hyemin interacts with guys.”

 

“That’s dumb. So what are we gonna do now?” Baekhyun huffed as he looked at Chanyeol with raised eyebrows.

 

“Do we have any other option than to wait for her to pass by this particular window so she can notice us? That or either we leave her and just continue with our walk.” Jongdae stated as even he tried peeking in the house, standing beside Chanyeol.

 

“Honestly,” Baekhyun starts, “I don’t even feel like walking.”

 

“It because you ate like a pig back in my house, “Chanyeol teased and chuckled when he noticed the elder going red in embarrassment and quick thinking of a reply to defend himself with, “you literally ate- there she is!” he stopped midway in his teasing as he noticed a familiar figure entering their vision from the small window they are using to sneak her out.

 

“Call her then!” Jongdae whisper- yelled to no one in particular.

 

“Hye- oh no her mother is beside her...wait, she went. Hyemin!” Chanyeol plans on whispering but his voice comes out louder than expected and he can feel 3 pairs of eyes looking at him shocked. Hyemin rushes to the window and studies her friend along with the two other beings,

 

“What in the world are you doing here?” she exclaims and frantically looks behind her to keep in check that none

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter