Chapter 1

Charmer in the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The sun shined bright upon the hardworking villagers who cursed it’s existence as they carried heavy bags of assortments. It was hectic, as it is said for every other day. The scrapping sound of the wood being shaped, the clunking sounds of utensils clashing each other and the hustle of the people around the undeveloped streets. The kids played games which would entertain them enough till their mothers called them home for another meal of the day.

 

In this busy village Chanyeol’s father owned a restaurant whose food was appreciated by a lot of the people.It is a small restaurant anyways, he thought.

 

Being a young man of 25, Chanyeol was not interested in finding a wife for himself who could help his parents run the family business. He believed that he helped around enough, and he knew that he was popular among the ladies, but he never paid much attention to them.

Chanyeol was ambitious. He had dreamt of working in the palace for as long as he could remember.

The only thing holding him back was his parents. Both his parents were getting old, as Time didn’t stop and Stress had a mind of its own. First his mother used to wait on the tables along with her husband but because of their growing age and their bones getting weaker day by day, his father had decided to work on the money and his mom kept herself to the kitchen, cooking as delicious food as ever.

 

The food was so popular that along  with the lower classes, the restaurant had attracted a higher clientele as well. A few noblemen would come to eat food once in a while but that was unfortunately rare as they did not like being associated with the lower classes. Chanyeol had always heard stories from his mom since he was a kid saying that her and his father were so in love that they had run away because their family had opposed their marriage. And now here they both were, living a life of their own with their child helping them.

 

That’s the main thought that holds Chanyeol back. He doesn’t want to leave his parents. They had grown him into what he was today, and leaving them to chase his dream? He couldn't do it. It would just make him seem...selfish. Which son would do that to his parents?

He could always chase his dream later. I am just 25, it’s not like I am going to die anytime soon.<\i>

 

--------------------


 

A problem has come to Chanyeol’s knowledge.

A few days ago, a server had complained to him that there were two regular customers who weren't paying for their food. He was determined to catch them today, if they showed up. He had asked Jongin to tell him who they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter