Chapter 2

Charmer in the Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a fine afternoon when Chanyeol decided to take a break from the hustle and sit in a calm place to freshen up his brain. The view of the farm where the kids are playing hide and seek reminds Chanyeol of his carefree childhood when he used to be this fat kid who when ran, his baby fat would bounce along. Thanks to puberty that he lost all the excess fat and grew tall.

 

He closed his eyes as he breathes in the fresh spring air. Calm and quiet, just how he likes it. But of course, well doesn’t last for long. He heard a person screaming for help from a distance and unwillingly opened his eyes to look at a scene that was being played a few metres in front of him.

 

An old farmer was chasing two people from which one was holding a chicken and the other was slapping the cow’s back to make her run.

 

What in the world is this?

 

The man stopped running to catch his breath while looking around to find someone who could do him a favour and catch the thieves. His eyes sparkle when he watches Chanyeol make his way to him and help him stand straight with a hand on his back for support.

 

“Are you alright?” Chanyeol questions as the farmer cough, “do you want me to bring water for you?” he pats the old man’s back.

 

“No, son. Just catch them for me and I’ll be as healthy as a horse.” the man points ahead of them and Chanyeol turns around to look at where the old man is pointing, Only to see the two humans he has started to despise a week ago, Baekhyun and his cat-smile friend, laughing a him.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll catch them,” he stands up straight and starts running forward which makes the other two to catch up their speed.

 

Either the cow runs fast or I am slow.

 

“Fatty doesn’t know how to run, Jongdae!” Baekhyun exclaims as him and Jongdae start laughing at Chanyeol’s misery. This angered Chanyeol. He knew that whenever he ran, his lanky arms and legs won't corporate with each other which always made him look a baby giraffe trying to stand for the first time.

 

“I will catch you both!” he screams as he tries running faster slowly feeling the need to stop and breathe.

 

“Sure, whatever you wish,” Jongdae turns and laughs at his face before throwing sand in his direction, “see you!”

 

Chanyeol covered his eyes to not let the sand in but instead tripped over a pothole which he did not notice was there in the direction he was running in. He looked furiously at the two running bodies before looking horrified at his own condition, mud everywhere. His mom would kill him for this because she had just washed this hanbok yesterday. And his pants had also torn from the knees which means only one thing, he is going to get slaughtered.

 

On his way home he was wondering if he should really start exercising because even if he is in denial he knows that the cow was faster than him. He took off his now destroyed hanbok and quickly hid it in his pile of clothes, hoping that his mom would not notice it, and ran to take a quick bath.

 

After wearing a fresh set of clothes and drying his hair, he comes out to the restaurant just in time to see his parents shutting it down for the day.

 

“I couldn’t find you anywhere, where did you go?” Hyunsol, Chanyeol’s father, asked him as he kept the box of money on their dinner table and ordered Hana, Chanyeol’s mother, to bring him tea.

 

“I was just...resting.” He replied as he chose his words slowly. His father wasn’t exactly an approachable person, he had an intimidating aura and never even once changed his expressionless face. He always combed his hair and beard before opening the restaurant every morning and only smiled once in a blue moon. Chanyeol believes that his mother is still the only one who has seen him smile since she keeps on telling him how much of a resemblance he has with his father when he laughs.

 

“S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter