Ch. 5 : Not a Good Surprise

OngNiel Daily Life

"I'm going home with you."

"No." Seongwu warded Daniel's hand and left the restroom.

 

Daniel was left alone in the restroom. His body went rigid at the way Seongwu rejected him so blatantly.

 

What did I do wrong?

 

Daniel felt his phone buzzing in his pants. His manager was calling him, asking him to hurry up because the filming will start again soon. Daniel sighed. He went out and walked gloomily to the filming set.

 

When his manager saw his sad face, he tapped Daniel’s shoulder lightly and asked him to smile. Daniel smiled. He knew that he couldn't show people his true feeling.

 

10:47 PM

 

Hello Counselor filming has finally ended. He took pictures with the hosts, thanked them and greeted them goodbye one by one. He also greeted the staff and thanked them for their hard work. He searched for his manager, and saw him making a call to his driver.

 

Seongwu smiled at some people with camera when he left the building. As much as he feels grateful with the overflowing love that his fans gave him, but following him and waiting for him until he finished all his schedules for the day is insane. He doesn’t like it, he hates it. But up till now, he still finds it hard to tell them to off.

 

He got on his van, with his manager opening the door for him. His body slumped onto the seat as soon as he sat down, only to be alerted a second later. Something is touching his leg. He looked at his side and almost scream when he saw someone was staring at him.

 

Before Seongwu could scream, Daniel has already put his hand on Seongwu’s mouth. His other hand gestured him to be quiet.

What the !” Seongwu swore in a very little voice.

I told you I’ll go home with you,” Daniel replied with the same little voice.

How did you get in here?”

Sneaking up when your driver didn’t notice,” Daniel grinned in victory.

You almost made my heart drop,” Seongwu said while patting his chest.

If I take your dropped heart, can it be mine?”

Seongwu pretended to puke. But then he heard his manager asking from the front seat. Seongwu said nothing happened, but his manager didn’t quite convinced. He turned his head and was so shocked to see someone was there, sitting beside Seongwu. Seongwu and Daniel put their fingers on their lips and the manager instantly also put his hand on his mouth. Their driver asked them, Seongwu and his manager said ‘nothing’ at the same time. The driver’s eyes widen, but didn’t pry them and back to concentrate on the road.

 

When they finally arrived at Seongwu’s apartment, the driver was so dumbfounded as he saw Daniel got off of the van.

Thank you for your hard work,” Daniel said, smiling to the driver whose mouth was hanging.

How...”

I’m sorry, I was sneaking in. Really sorry. I will never do that again,” Daniel touched the driver’s hand and shook it softly. “From now on, I will tell you if I wanna get on for a ride.” Daniel smiled widely making the driver even more speechless.

 

Seongwu apologised to his driver and his manager. His driver only said that he was surprised and it didn’t really matter as he is none other than Daniel. But then, he was apologising to Seongwu and the manager, because if it was another person, sasaeng or bad people who wanted to hurt Seongwu, he couldn’t forgive himself for being so careless. Seongwu and Daniel felt even more guilty to hear that. His manager said that he will need to talk to him tomorrow. Seongwu nodded his head and said a quiet yes. He knew he will get an earful of his manager's wise words tomorrow.

 

Seongwu and Daniel rode the elevator in silent. Daniel nudged Seongwu’s waist with his elbow. Seongwu looked at Daniel with angry eyes.

Why are you here?”

I want to see you.”

You saw me at the building. No need to follow me home. Don’t you have schedule tomorrow?”

I do. My manager gave me permission to go with you as long as I don’t drink.”

 

The elevator stopped. They have arrived in Seongwu’s floor.

 

When Seongwu was opening the door, he could hear Daniel’s breath tickling his neck.

Hyung, let me sleep here tonight,” Daniel plead.

Why?”

I miss you.”

 

Seongwu’s heart skipped a beat and rumbled in his chest. He also misses him so much. But he couldn't say it. He opened the door and left it open for Daniel. Daniel smiled.

 

Daniel made a big step and caught up to Seongwu before he went to his bedroom. He caught Seongwu’s elbow and backhugged him. Seongwu’s surprised body went rigid, but then relaxed in a few seconds. He leaned his head back on Daniel’s shoulder, Daniel was inhaling his scent on his neck. He misses this serene feeling. He misses Daniel’s hug. He misses Daniel.

 

Hyung...”

Hmm?”

You smell so good.”

Seongwu smiled. He turned his body around so that he could immerse himself to Daniel’s bear hug. They hugged each other for a long while. Feeling each other’s steady breathing and caressing each other’s back.

 

Daniel kissed Seongwu’s earlobe softly and a shiver ran through his whole body immediately. His body tensed. Daniel kissed his neck, and he could feel his neck hair is up. Daniel chuckled. Seongwu bit Daniel’s shoulder hard. Daniel bit his own lips to suppress his voice. It hurts, but of course he won’t make any noise.

 

Seongwu ya… do you miss me?”