But something sparkled in the black...

I know you

 

Jeonghan sighed and leaned back away from the chair, when Woozi refused to leave Soonyoung, for a tiny nap in between. Even though the Lord of Sky had been mildly happy about the fact that his destined is well attached to him,  Woozi unable to sleep because of him, irked his conscience a little bit. 

'Little cutie pie, why don't you take a quick nap with Jeonghannie hyung here...' He coaxed the teary eyed baby, looking at him with lips jutted out; making Soonyoung's insides melt from the adoration and he isn't sure if his heart could contain as much. 

'You look like you are the one about to cry..'  Jeonghan commented, his messily tied bun making him look like a regular house wife trying her best to manage her house hold tasks and her children at the same time, when in truth he's the one who gets babied more by Seungcheol. 

'Maybe you should sing a lullaby to Soonyoungie first' The Neptune lord, Joshua came, making his grand entrance with a snide remark that wasn't even snide-y. 

'Like what he did to you, when you were a kid, hyung?' Soonyoung counter attacks and Woozi, out of nowhere lets out a giggle, lips slick with spit, and Joshua is pouting for real and Jeonghan fake coos at him, pulling the Neptune to his side for a half hug. 

'I'm always his baby!' 

Jeonghan rolls his eyes at that, getting up from the chair, knocking the Neptune away from his side in process. 

'It's not like I signed up for taking care of kids and some of them clearly don't respect me anyways' 

The Venus side glanced at Woozi, who was busy climbing over Soonyoung's shoulder and launch himself to the other side, and if not for the grip hold the sky Lord is having on him, the young baby will have its face planted on the floor.

'Come on hyung, he's just a kid...' Soonyoung defends the little one, bringing the fuzzy baby to his chest as he began to hum a small tune he tried to belt out for the sole purpose of putting the kid to sleep.

It's not like Jeonghan's leaving that job to him, as he dutifully puts him to sleep before bringing him to Soonyoung's realm, every other day. It's just that, Woozi wakes up in the middle of the night and roll on the bed like he wants to say something and it becomes his work to pat the boy's back and sing him to sleep. 

'Yeah hyung, he's just a kid!' Joshua randomly says, as he jumped to his feet and took the baby in his arms, rocking it little forth and back; high up in the air and the giggles Woozi let out is not comparable to the Zeta Cetti. 

Soonyoung sighed, clearly at the thought of the baby taking a little nap going out of the universe. Woozi is now rubbing his fist against Joshua's soft cheeks, the Neptune's cat like eyes blinking with untainted adoration. His destined his having that power on anyone. 

Unable to watch from the side lines, Jeonghan joins the party too, patting the baby's , and Woozi giggles at that too, letting out loud squeaks and throaty laughs and the whole universe began to turn in a festive mode. 

'Soonyoung, the vibrant colours...' 

The Sky Lord looked confused. 

'What?' 

'Look around...' Jeonghan merely says, and the lord did that, too see a yellow fluffy dust tickling his nose. The colourful masses are getting pretty intense around him and a mass of blue swarmed towards Woozi, the baby welcoming it with grabby hands. Joshua grabs some and hands it to the little kid, but since they are clusters of exhausted vapour and particles that took free form, it simply dislodges in the firm grab of the baby's, Woozi whimpering at that. 

So Soonyoung just channels his mind with thoughts of the day of he saw the little one in Mingyu's hold. Suddenly crystalline particles evolved around that area and Jeonghan turned around with an amused look on his face.

'Aren't you playing a little too much with that power of yours?' Venus asked, with an evident smirk, which kind of meant "Aren't you a little too whipped?"

The sky Lord simply shrugged, suddenly feeling his body temperature raising a bit. He hoped his skin colour didn't give him away. He turned around his heels and walked to his realm, a sigh of happiness too loud, that even the crystalline particles followed him around and some dared to stand by Woozi, like his heart did. 

 

 

 

It didn't dawn upon him that the first snow fall of the year would already occur, considering how the evening winds turned to a mess of cold skin biting one. He was too deep into the pit of his self revolving thoughts that he forgot what it is to live. 

Jihoon couldn't forget the events that happened two weeks ago, the little boy who rocked his swing set and mid air,where he almost lost his mind. 

Well, that's what he considers, when his mind goes black and memory not found for that exact period of time. He turned, jumped and heck! He even went to same park, but the attempts ended up being futile, the screeching sound of the iron chains annoying him more than he thought it would. 

So, his mother had taken it upon herself to drag him to the hospital she works, and give Jihoon handful of tasks. 

That is to take care of the kids. 

His mother's the head nurse in the Pediatrics ward and working there for almost twenty two years, gives her the privilege of bending the hospital rules, under the Chief Doctor's eyes. Jihoon strongly states that was not what happened, much to his mother's look of reluctant withdrawal. 

'I'm sure you can come and see it for yourself, Dr.Kim is not your average bald man doctor, he's funny smart and handsome too' 

Jihoon couldn't help but ask. 

'Are you setting me up with him?' 

His mother hits his head with folded news paper, dinner table filled with various dishes, and the fried chicken tempting Jihoon from the starting point of time. It is just that the lady who gave birth to him is not dropping the subject. 

'Yah! I'm your mother!' The lady huffs and seats herself in the original position she was. After seconds of awkward silence, his mother's speaking again. 'I know you don't spend much time outside and it's really trouble keeping up with the kids, my assistants are having a hard time and one among them went on maternity leave and you wouldn't believe she's consulting an obgyn of our own hospital and I have promis-'

'Mom! You're rambling, Jesus...' Jihoon pressed the heel of his palm against his temple, eyes tight shut that he began to see insignificant pattern. 

'So, are you coming?' She asks with hopeful eyes, and Jihoon instead digs for the chicken. 

'Fine!' 

 

 

Actually, the whole thing wasn't that bad. In fact, Jihoon thinks he will be losing his mind in the amount of cuteness shoved on his face. 

Though, they are sick and needed to be taken care of, their eyes glow with what he calls hidden gems unexplored by the society, unexposed to the tricks and tampering tendency of the society. They scream hope and marks of bright future ahead, and the worrisome thing is that, most of them don't know the reason they are here. 

'Oppa, why are you here...?' A girl, who looks like about six years of age, asks him,  electrolytes supplied to her by means of intravenous route. Her hair is out of place and sleep is not completely out of her system. 'Are you sick, too?' 

Jihoon laughs at that, taking liberty to sit next to the girl, on her bed. The little patient sets her eyes curiously on the boy, and his small hands extend out to adjust her hair, combing the silk like black strands with his fingers. 

'No, I'm just here to take care of you....' He said, his voice over flowing with sweetness. 'You can ask me if you need anything' 

Of course, the kids would take it the other way. 

'I can call you, if I need anything, like anything I want?' 

Jihoon shuffles a bit, trying to come up with a reply that totally won't dampen her hopes. Because if she ever asks him to cure her illness, he can't face the shame of saying that's not what I meant

'I guess so...' He answers uncertainly, gently making the girl rest her back on the floor. His eyes naturally go to the clip board hung before the bed, but he decides not to do so, hoping whatever the girl has some flu that would go away, in like, two days. 

'Then can you make the snow stop?' 

A cold shiver passes down his spine, at the very  nonsensical thought of him controlling the whether. It's not like that it has to do anything with him, maybe he and the whether are in the same frequency, but the lingering idea of his mood reflecting the sky's nature didn't sound completely impossible to him. Again, it's one of those stupid blabbering moments his mind has and he ignores it till it reaches the dark side of his soul. 

'I'm afraid I can't do that...' He confessed, slumping on the bench beside the window. 'No one can control it, nature never listens to anyone, it's better we go by it' 

The little girl's expression turns sour, as she presses her face to the pillow harshly, whining a little. Jihoon looks to the side if any of the kids are awake from their nap period and when he sees none of them are, he walks close to the girl, gently placing a hand on her shoulder. 

When the girl didn't respond, disappointed in him, Jihoon leans down to whisper his hope. 

'We can't control but we can request to some one who can control it...' He smiles at her, with a glint in his eyes, as he scoops the girl in his arms, mindful of the IV connection, pulling the stand along with him. 

The room is relatively dark, and the sky is too, bright city lights casting a shadow of their profile on the floor with oblique effects. The snow fall pretty much looks beautiful and dreamy, and all of a sudden he wishes to get wet under the small sparkle of silvery white. But the girl he's holding wants it the other way round. 

'Now, you gather your palms, close your eyes and pray to your angel that the snow fall should stop' 

The girl, once again, looks at him with curious, questioning eyes. 

'Will it work?' 

'I don't know...it's better if we try though' 

The little one nods with determination stagnant in her eyes, as she mumbles out her wishes, eyes tight shut with brown scrunched down, that her features twist in an adorable way. 

Diverting his focus from the little one he's holding, he stares up at the sky, closing his eyes as he speaks to the deity above with his mind. 

'Please help this little one out' 

The evening goes like that, as one by one, kids beginning to wake up and all at once, demanding for his attention. He sets the girl gently on the bed, before changing diapers for two kids, giving before food medicine for another one and changing clothes for one fuzzy kid he grew impatient with. 

But, it's fine all in the end. 

He lets out a sigh of relief, content with how he managed to take care of around, twelve kids at a time, without a hitch. It's not like they gave him a tough time, but they could be exhausting if they want.

As the kids play and talk things that involved colourful ponies and talking monkeys, did the chief Doctor enter the ward for rounds. Jihoon is on his feet, as he finds his mother behind the doctor's tall stature. She throws him a curt smile and for a second, Jihoon wonders if he should see himself out, considering how tough the doctor looks. 

He's too tall, way too tall, with silver rimmed rectangular glasses and hair swept back; formal pants peeking out from the usually long looking white coat, and of course, the significant steth hanging loosely around his neck. 

The doctor goes from bed to bed and what surprised Jihoon more is that, each and every kid is opening well to him. In fact, the man who looked serious and , went all giggly and playful with the kids and he convinced himself that it's a major requirement for a doctor to be kind with his patients and act according to the way they want. 

But man, the doctor looked like he wasn't even trying. It came all too natural for him, playing facial hide and seek, asking how kid's own imaginative characters are, like...these small small things made Jihoon warm inside. 

However, when the doctor inched towards the bed near the window, where Jihoon was seated, did he notice the latter. 

'You must be Lee Jihoon?' He said, flashing the torch in the young kid's mouth to see his condition of the throat. Jihoon momentarily nods, forgetting that the doctor won't understand, as his eyes were focused on the patient. He replies then, muttering a small "yes"

'You did good by helping your mother' The doctor said, throwing his mother a smile and no wonder she said he was handsome. He could have been a pro-model, if he had wanted to. 

'Actually...' Jihoon stars, feeling self conscious about his height. ' Thanks for having me here, I know it's a big deal to let a non-staff, work here around' 

The doctor straightens up from the patient, Jihoon's mother busy writing down things on the note pad attached to the bed. 

'No need to thank me and if you feel like returning a favour, you can just be quiet about it' The doctor said, which made Jihoon splutter out in laughter, holding his palm over his mouth, in order to not disturb the resting kids. 

'I'm Kim Mingyu, by the way' 

'Jihoon here, you must know by now' 

A patch of silence fall in their conversation and Jihoon's mother surprisingly interjects. 

'Honey you probably should start now' 

The boy nods at that, picking up the water bottle he bought earlier that day. The doctor's standing beside him, not making a move and he wonders why. 

'I should, before I turn to a snow man' 

He looks up at Mingyu to find if his joke (he supposes it is) had any effect on him, but a look of all seriousness made him think he had done something bad, in which case, it is impossible to happen. 

'Yeah you should' Mingyu echoes, taking out the steth from around his neck to fold it into his palm, held compact. 'But I don't think you should run home because of snow...it's pretty much clear up there' 

Jihoon's breath hitched at that, looking out of the window to see the sky adorned with a peaceful sandal wood moon, resting, atmosphere devoid of white freckles of snow. 

He doesn't remember walking out of the ward, or the entrance of the hospital, but when he stands out in the pedestrian walk adjacent to the hospital, looking at the night sky with pure adoration.

The thought tickles his brain, the lost snippet of his memory relocated some where deep in the pits of his mind, trying to budge out and Jihoon stares at the sky, much harder, forcing it out of the cave of nothingness. He goes past the time where he was first time mocked for his height, disappointment hunching over him, and the time he vaguely remembers a man who he thought his father was, until his mother told him that he was just a mail man. 

It stares back at him, all black and no colour, just like the sky he's facing at the moment and some where around, he spots the brightest star of the night. 

He reckons it as Sirius. 

Jihoon's not sure, he has seen those things in the television and with the way it shines in an extraordinary manner. It stands out against the rest of the dull sky, and he dares say how it holds everyone's attention, despite the fact that the sky's the deserving candidate. 

Again, that's whole load of bull. 

He grits his teeth, and tries harder, a mild head ache on the way. 

Seungcheol's face is prominent in his memory, now. He remembers taking off in the mid air, cold gust biting his skin. Jihoon recalls yelling and screaming in surprise, his grip on the iron chains. 

For a brief second, his brain tells it wasn't iron but a rugged rope

He's almost there....

Just there....

'Excuse me, can you please move' A lady, with two hands carrying heavy bags, called out for him with heaving breath and just like that Jihoon feels himself dropping to zero. He bows down in apology, before giving her the way to walk, stepping to the very end of the pedestrian path. 

Jihoon briefly glanced at the sky, to find Sirius hidden behind the clouds. 

'Thank you..' 

He mouthed at the sky, before walking towards the direction of his house. 

 

 

 

Woozi's beginning to learn to use his knees and it gets pretty tiresome for Soonyoung to follow around the ever energetic baby. 

The moon, however, is the main victim here. 

The lady, whom Soonyoung finds quiet for odd reasons, has no problem playing with the active child, but the thing is that, Woozi is absolutely destroying everything in the lady's realm. 

Soonyoung had tried holding the boy's face to the chest, as it absolutely calms the latter, but then it looked like Woozi was out of it -as he's going out of the phase where the baby needs to be babied almost all the time. 

When the Lord of Sky entered the Moon's realm, he finds the finely woven screens gifted by Ailee down to the floor, his destined rolling around the piece of cloth, drooling and making a mess of the texture. 

Na eun, the guard of the Moon, is looking at Woozi with some what less peaceful face , standing at the corner of her realm, hands clasped and fidgeting. Soonyoung announces his presence and bows down a little bit in apology, before scooping up the baby in his arms.  

Woozi squirms and grabs the curtain along, but Soonyoung takes it off from the other's hold, the baby letting out a whine at that. 

'Sorry, Na eun-ssi, my little boy here has caused you trouble' The Lord of sky said, managing a fuzzy Woozi and trying to be polite all the while. Thanks to her curt replies, he walked to his own realm real quick, words ready on tongue on how the boy should listen to him more. 

As soon as dropped him to the insulated floor, Woozi makes his way towards the toys, but before he could do that, Soonyoung lifts the card board box high above Woozi, making it impossible for the baby to reach him. 

The little one makes grabby hands at him, clearly wanting to get the toys but Soonyoung had a firm look on his face, which made the young one to retract his hand back and stare at him with pouty look. 

'You are not listening to me anymore and why is that Woozi?' He asked, and the said boy, whined deep from his throat before cuddling his entire self to Soonyoung's leg. 

The sky Lord's resolve wavered at that, eyes shaking slightly before listening to his brain, which clearly asked him if he would be happy if other's find Woozi displeasing and look at him with mockery. 

Clearly not. 

It's not like he cares about other's opinion, Celestial being or not, one must learn to follow certain regularities if he or she wants to set an example for the forth coming generation and Soonyoung thinks he's doing the right thing. 

'You can't barge into other's realm like that, Woozi-ah....did you see how embarrassed I was?' Soonyoung chided, knowing how Woozi would react if his own name's involved in it. He knows it is a low blow to play with the affection the boy has for him, but it's okay for now. 'I had to apologize to the lady...not to mention that you spoiled her curtains...It was a gift from someone dear to her' 

Soonyoung is not sure if Woozi gets what he's saying, but he can clearly tell that the baby knows he's getting reprimanded, if the glassy eyes and wobbling lips are anything to go by. 

Seconds later, the baby starts to bawl his eyes out, crying with pitiful sounds coming out of its mouth. Soonyoung honestly was startled by the reaction, as it was the first time, Woozi ever has cried. If he's angry or uncomfortable, the little one would whine and roll around on the bed until Soonyoung adjusts whatever that was bothering his baby and it sure wasn't a herculean task. 

Now that the little one's crying with his back turned to him, Soonyoung stood frozen and his celestial neighbors are barging in through, like the whole universe toppled over. 

Ailee was the first one to step in and carry the crying boy in her arms. 

'Shhh...baby boy Woozi...why are you crying~' She put her soothing words in a tone, rocking him gently with little jump to her steps. A cold sweat broke out in back of Soonyoung's neck, hands clammy in guilt and nervousness. 

Woozi's sobs turned to hiccups and staggered whines, latching himself to Ailee's shoulder, and that's when Jeonghan along with Mingyu, gave a grand appearance. 

'Did I hear Woozi crying?' Jeonghan entered with eyes searching for the little one, and Mingyu too, came inside with the concerned look on his face. Ailee looked at the Sky Lord with questioning eyes, lips pursed in arising feel of disappointment. 

'I-I actually scolded him a bit for bothering Na-eun' He said with head hung low. 'I thought he should be disciplined at early age or else it will go out of hand' 

Ailee remained silent, Jeonghan however let out a laughter of disbelief. 

'It's good that you are doing this Soonyoung, but look at him...' The Venus pointed at the tired baby. 'He won't even understand what he did or what you said, all he knows is you are not liking him and being a big meanie to him....' 

'He's right, hyung...Woozi won't get what your point is...He is just a baby, a cute one at  that....' Mingyu said, patting the baby's head lightly. 'Maybe it will work out after he knows how to talk and understand...' 

'I thought we were destined for something..' Soonyoung muttered in a small voice, eyes down cast on the shoes he was wearing. 

'Destined people are perfectly fit puzzles, they are meant to be together, they will come back to each other no matter what....even if you didn't know that person was your destined to be, fate will bring those two people close together, their powers affected by each other...no telepathy bull' 

The sky Lord swallowed back and stretched out his hand to get his Woozi back, but the baby latches tightly to Ailee's neck, refusing to look at him. 

His baby is angry at him now....

He's a little kid after all.....

'Baby~' The Guard of Earth gently called out to the kid, patting its back in a soothing manner. 'Why don't you go to your Soonyoung, he's sorry that he was rude to you..' 

'I was not rude!' Soonyoung retaliates, which made Woozi flinch even more, face now masked with Ailee's short blonde hair. Jeonghan gently gets the baby from the lady and coos him with high pitched voice, Mingyu from the back showing funny faces to make the baby happy again. 

'Hey how about I pacify him and you can come and get him later?' Jeonghan asked and  the Lord of sky didn't have a better plan. So he just agreed to it. 

What hurt him the most is that, Woozi didn't even look at him or search for him when Venus walked out of the realm holding in his arms. 

 

 

 

The celestial beings in the Universe got much more effected, when his mood began to sour down. He actually thought he would cope up with Woozi's latest upgrade - emotion wise- but then, the thought of his soul and life turning his back on him, made him feel really bad. 

He definitely didn't mean to talk like that to Woozi. It is just that, he wanted him to turn to someone who people would be jealous of, admire him and only think of what it could be to live as Woozi. But looks like the development period hasn't even started yet and the whole plan completely back fired.

The space around him thickened and the usually circulating bright particles seemed not to be in his vicinity, stars a little dull and sun rays not reaching the Earth quite in right amount. It felt as though the whole place lost its vibrant texture and the usually burning bright Sirius - Woozi's star - dimmed a little bit. 

It's been a while since he left his little one to Jeonghan, and in all honesty, he hated when people take away what's actually is his, without any second thoughts.

Whether Woozi liked it or not, they are mean to be together and leaving his responsibility to some one is not what he thinks is right. 

So he did that, walking over to the Venus and the sun's shared realm, which was little on a fancy side compared to his and he thought, maybe if Woozi was willing to have it more than plain, he's willing to do so. 

Anything for him. 

When he opened the door, he was surprised to see the room dark, Seungcheol sleeping on the rocking chair, with a toy hanging loosely from his grip. The Sun lord looked peaceful like that, and in fact, he would have ogled more if not for the primary task at his hand. 

The boy he was searching for was meddling with some toy, that didn't look like it belonged to Woozi, at the very corner of the realm. When he entered the place, his shoes made noise with the stable floor, and that frictional sound alone was enough for the little one to turn around in so much speed, eyes twinkling in determination until he found Soonyoung's form. 

The Sky Lord watched with gaped mouth, at how Woozi's frown mended to a look of pure bliss, and just like that a warm bond enveloped both of them, as the little one crawled towards him and made grabby hands to lift him up. 

Soonyoung's chest inflated with affection, his throat choking at the prospect of how someone's there to love him more than he loves himself, some one there to look out for him and some one there to spend his entire life with him. 

He lifted the baby, pressing a little kiss to its forehead and Woozi, hummed in content as he closed his eyes in the pour of affection. Just like that, the golden dust of red and orange formed a spiral around them, moving in a mad speed that it made the Venus at the entrance of the realm stand away in pure awe, watching the bond beautifully morph into some thing that will be indestructible. 

'I'm Sorry, Woozi-ah..' He mumbled into the baby's ears and as Jeonghan said, the baby's too underdeveloped to converse verbally. 

But the Venus too wasn't entirely right. 

Woozi pressed his palms to either side of Soonyoung's cheeks and giggled at him, the stars in the universe exploding brightness at the onset of the beautiful sound. 

Soonyoung thought it was the baby's way of saying, "No biggie" 

He chuckled at that, unable to wait for the little one to grow already.