I'm a sky that's as empty as my heart...

I know you

A loud thud woke him up. 

He wasn't exactly sleeping, as it was the day the moon shone bright, flaunting her beautiful features before him even though it wasn't meant for him. The white light didn't give him the comfort of seeing dark with his eyes closed, as a hue of mild red reminded him of the days when the universe was just a huge red screen, luminescence offered by a fetus Sun coming to life. 

With a sigh, he pushed his body up and off, of the white recliner, glittery at the edges, giving it a ethereal effect in the back ground of grey. He could hear the cooing sounds let out by Jupiter and the boisterous laugh of Eris, articulating his coherent self to find any special occasion that he had missed out. The Lord of sky saw the Earth chilling out, lazily staring at sun as one side of her body is covered with clouds of vapour. 

'What's with the noises I'm hearing at the moment?' The lady ruling the Earth, who goes by the name of Ailee, asked, tilting her head slightly when a soft gush of wind wiped off the clouds, exposing the western side of the planet to the shining sun. 

'Probably another one of those satellites sent by the Primals' He said, gathering some clouds in his hands and making a fluff ball out of it, aiming at Ailee, when the lady herself stood up from the smoky form she was in to the solid body, walking up to the Lord of Sky. 

'They never celebrate the arrival of satellites, Jupiter especially' She said, wriggling her eye brows in a playful manner and he could tell she knows something he doesn't. 

'Why must the lady ask when she knows everything?' He asked, making up one more ball with the clouds, until Ailee opened slightly and exhaled air out, the gentle mass of breeze breaking the bonds of the fluff. 

'Just to know whether if you are up to date with your life, Soonyoung and I can clearly tell you aren't' 

Soonyoung - the Lord of Sky, exhaled as he tapped his left foot impatiently on the non existent floor, his eyes catching the way the lady's blue green gown is elegantly attached with white lace at the end.

It was Venus' art work. 

'I must go now, check out and maybe shut the wide mouth of Eris' 

'Shutting Seungkwan up is like growing a plant in Antarctica, Soonyoung...' 

 

 

 

 

 

The little boy...well, actually a boy of eighteen years old, stood impatiently before the height measuring chart, his mother marking the measurement with a permanent marker, noting down a little "sweet eighteen" by the side. 

'All done, my dear' The lady announced, throwing the cylindrical tube marker to the side and- unlike his mother, the boy was little anxious of the out come he was about to witness. 

The boy, was wearing a simple striped shirt with full hands that turned out to hand paws much to his dislike and a purple shorts, covering his lean thighs loosely. He never cared about fashion or the art of mix matching, as he felt everything suited him like a piece of puzzle except for one thing. 

165

The boy groaned, pressing his forehead to the glossy height board, graduated in centimeter. 

'It's okay, sweetie...height is not something very important' The lady said, placing a hand on his bony shoulder. 'There are other attributes you can develop...like you compose music so well....see!' 

The boy exhaled sharply, shrugging off his mother's hold on his shoulder. 

'I wish I was tall'  He mumbled, walking past towards the small window of his bed room, closing the wooden doors of it tight as the pleasant petrichor wafted the room, the evening sun disappearing all of a sudden. 

The lady looked helpless, wanting to some how comfort the son and maybe, wonder why is he making a big deal out of the lack of growth. Sure, comments regarding your phenotype isn't the best of all, but no one could turn to an adult without brushing off other's snide remarks like a spec of dust. 

Her young son needs to learn that. 

But instead of voicing her thoughts, she left the room with her son huddled on the bed with duvet covering his head - a habit he had developed when he feels insecure or just disappointed. She can't help but feel sorry for him, as a father in her place would have done a better job than she could. 

'Don't worry, Jihoonie'  The elderly woman called out before closing the door behind her softly, not wanting to agitate her son. 

The young boy - Jihoon however, was strangely anxious about another reason, the pit pattering sound of drizzles stirring his stomach in what he calls the urge to use the restroom. 

He knows it is non sense. People would never believe him. 

But that doesn't mean that what he's been witnessing over the years isn't true, considering how it never rained in Summer before. Jihoon couldn't tell if it had always been like that, or it was just some joke sorts he happened to notice from the day he took sick leave when he was in Junior high.

It was a day he began to feel the hopelessness of suffering from Bronchitis, coughing until his throat went dry and every glass of water he took didn't give the soothing feel against his parched throat. He expectantly looked at the frame of his window, which was wide opened, to see if he gets the chance to see his favourite love birds nesting in the shadow, but all he saw was the sudden darkening of the day and rain began to hunt down the city mercilessly. 

Interestingly, the rain stopped when Jihoon took a breath of fresh air with nothing tickling the walls of his lung bags.  

'It was just a coincidence' He thought, ignoring the event for three years, until one day he witnessed how he and the sky mirrored the same emotions, when he was staring at the sky with clenched fingers and split lips, back after teaching a boy, well deserved lesson. 

The orange sky thundered with shades of grey appearing from the corner, and Jihoon let out a unmanly squeak at that; running away from his school field in little hurried steps. 

And now that he was upset about his height, the drizzle came along to participate in his emotional party, singing tunes to his thoughts of confusion and awe. 

 

 

When Soonyoung entered the realm - a place in the universe where everything is stand still and plain bright - he didn't expect to see Jupiter, who goes by the name of Kim Mingyu, holding a little baby in his hand. 

His eyes found a very awed Eris, holding his hands in a manner to control his feelings, eyes gleaming with love and adoration for the little one. By the side, Mars and Venus were standing, and surprisingly Sun was there too. 

'If Seungcheol hyung is here, it means something important' The Lord of Sky stated, inching towards the little bundle of cuteness- fast asleep. Mingyu seemed to bounce on his steps lightly, rocking the baby fro and back, humming a little tune that didn't sound melodious at all. Since it's a baby and Jupiter loves babies, Soonyoung thought he'd let it pass.

But that was the least of his concerns when he felt a magnetic pull towards the little one, kind of feeling offended with the way Mingyu was the one holding the kid and not him. 

'I was waiting for this for thousand years, can't let it pass just like that' Seungcheol - the Lord of the Sun said, emitting his signature sun shine smile at him. It fell on deaf ears however, when he out stretched his hands towards Mingyu, asking for the baby to be held by him. He thought the Jupiter would put up a show before handing the baby to him, probably saying along the lines of "I found him first and not you", but then the taller man looked like  he was more than happy to comply. 

He held the kid out ward and Soonyoung contained his breath all the while, the soft skin of the little one sending electric sparks through his veins and for some odd reason, his vision began to blur, feeling his inner self fill up with something warm and lovely, the sound of snicker let out by Neptune, going unheard by him. 

'Look at him, already so attached...' Neptune said, admiring the way the little one pressed his face towards Soonyoung's chest, rubbing the red cheeks against the soft satin material he was wearing and rumble of content  vibrated,around the space around the sky -begining to glow and smell fragnant, stars of the sky woken up to welcome the baby, alongside Soonyoung. 

The Sky Lord's first tear droplet fell on the puffy cheeks of the infant, and it cutely scrunched up his face before slowly lifting the eye lids to welcome the first ray of light through. 

When their eyes met, Soonyoung gasped, the little one rubbing his face with its tiny hands and Eris, as usual, couldn't help but coo at it. 

'So, who's going to name the little one...?' Venus asked, his blonde long hair cascading down his shoulder, his pretty features, a testimony as to why he's the right person to rule that planet particularly. Seungcheol beside him castes a soft look at him, and it doesn't take a genius to know how the blazing sun could be a warm comforter for the Venus Lord.

As time passed by, the space and its minuscule particles began to harmonize and move around in different patterns, colours and shades that are in existence rejuvenated and glowed, making the white back ground of the realm look like a modern painting. They formed concentric circles around the sky Lord and the baby, the particles in colour of aqua blue and lemon yellow. 

The baby stared back at Soonyoung with much curiosity, little hands coming to make contact with his face and whined, when he found he wasn't tall enough to do so. The Lord of Sky chuckled, despite the ugly crystalline tears sliding down his face, and every time a drop of it lands on the baby's face, it blinked in surprise and awe, trying to wipe off whatever that was on his face. 

'You know Seungcheol should give the little one celestial name, and Soonyoung, if he wishes, can give him the primal name.' Joshua - the Lord of Neptune said, to which Jupiter and Eris agreed as well. 

Seungcheol, pointed his glowing tip of index finger towards the baby, a spot of yellow light falling on the its head. 

'You shall, henceforth be called as Sirius, the brightest star in the sky, belonging with the sky' 

Soonyoung smiled at that, as the baby twitched at the odd feel of sparkling light against his skin. 

'Your turn Soonyoung' 

Honestly, he didn't know what to name him. His face reminded him off the whirlpool galaxy and his eyes shone like the Nebula. His whole form looked ethereal and he didn't know how this little precious bean ended up under his guidance, the ultimate duty of protecting him from the harm and anything he doesn't want. 

Soonyoung pressed his forehead against the baby's, inhaling his scent which was a mix of brilliance and innocence. Like the child wanted, it pressed it's palm against the sky Lord's cheeks, letting out a small smile. 

'To the boy, who shine the brightest in my life and hold all the brilliance and power, you shall be called, Woozi' 

Woozi, what was the boy called affectionately by the celestial beings. 

 

 

 

 

The responsibility of eighteen years old is big as much as that of a grown adult's. Finishing school, searching for a college, clearing the College Entrance Examinations, looking for accommodation....Jihoon felt like drowning in a pond of water, instead of fighting through this. It's not that he's a pessimistic person, but the monotonous life of "fight and gain" is getting too old, and it doesn't look as exciting as he thought it was, when he was introduced into this scheme. 

He was getting back to his house, late at night, after finishing his final preparation for the Entrance Examination, white clouds in the raven sky moving as he paced towards his nest. Some times he wondered what it was to be living as a rock, some thing that never moved and never had feelings. 

The Quantum physics book in his hand is as heavy as his heart, feeling incredibly jealous over everyone and everything. He blames it on staying up all night for studying and he doesn't know who he's going to make proud at this rate. 

Jihoon's mother is clearly not the imposing type, giving her son the wings to fly wherever he wants, but it makes the young boy's chest aches how she has been nothing but a wonderful mother to him, despite the loss of her husband when he was a little infant, all new to the world. 

He often convinces himself that he's doing this for a better cause, a better future for him and his mother but some times, the written notes laid out before him feels utterly useless, when all he wants to do is cover his face and fall into pit of eternal bliss, he which otherwise calls it as sleep.

Mind lost in tides of thoughts, he didn't notice he's running into someone, forehead knocked on the shoulder of that person and cuss words ready on his tongue, but that all dies out when he notices the silky smooth hair dancing in air, from the grey hoodie. 

His motto was never to curse ladies, and that made him to stop vile things that we was about to say. Jihoon never was the person to loose his temper because of minimal things as such, but being on edge for most of the times, does its damage too. 

He was about to brush past the stranger with a small "sorry", when that person unexpectedly turned around to show him a look of concern. 

'Are you okay, my dear?' 

The not so feminine voice and the sculpted face of that person, made Jihoon realize, that it was not a girl. However, he gathered his mind in the shortest time, mumbling a "okay, I'm good"; not missing the way that stranger - prettiest stranger - if he might want to add, used an endearment term on a complete stranger, that is him. 

Jihoon walked away without looking back, the empty road making the sound of his foot steps more louder than it actually is, lips stuck between his teeth as a sudden sense of raw emotion took him, something terrible and warm fusing inside his chest, that he'd want to hug his mother and tell her how precious she is or thank her for raising him up. 

He blames it on the hormone. 

 

The stranger Jihoon bumped into, however looks up at the sky to see the white fluffy clouds above the young boy dissipating in form of mild shreds, and see the  stars beginning to twinkle in the night sky. 

It triggered a soft laugh from the angelic looking person. 

'Clumsy as always' 

 

 

 

 

Soonyoung could hear the glorious sound of the child giggling from the Venus' realm, Jeonghan insisting that it's his own duty to take care of the kid and that the Lord of Sky could come around anytime he wants. It's actually amusing, seeing how Jeonghan's giving him permission when and how to see his destined, forced to keep his tail between his legs and listen to him. 

He thinks it's because of the sun, who has grown an obvious attraction towards the Venus, but he crosses it out, thinking, either way Jeonghan would be someone who  can never be controlled. 

For every time, he holds the child in his hand, the whole universe brightens a little bit, stars glowing a little too bright ; maybe because they were enthralled by the little bundle of joy or just happy for the lonely idol who spent his life watching the others having the time of their lives with their own destined ones. He never understood the importance of the destined, until the time Mingyu handed him Woozi. 

He sometimes wonder how this whole system works unguided, and they are all there under no one's command. 

The legend is that, all celestial beings will have their own destined person, and every celestial being will come out as a baby in a golden cradle set in the realm, that appears out of nowhere. The birth of your destined will be known by means of something you are fond of, and in Soonyoung's case, it had been through Seungkwan's gleeful laughter and cooing sounds. 

That fact itself is astonishing, but deep inside he knows how far he admires it. 

Soonyoung had let out a laughter of disbelief, when he entered his own realm to find his favourite recliner replaced with a double cot bed of same material, toys of gold and silver heaped at a corner - his realm adjusting to the idea of new occupant in that place and in its master's life. He  mindlessly meddled with a golden horse toy, too immersed in his thoughts that he didn't hear the knocking sound. 

'I thought those were for Woozi'  Jeonghan commented, a sleepy Woozi trying his best not to fall asleep with his head propped on the Venus' shoulder. 

The Lord of Sky rolled his eyes at that, out stretching his hand to get his beloved in his arms. 

'Gave him a bath and changed his clothes, you can put him to sleep' 

Those words fell in deaf ears, when the baby gave him a look of adoration, a bubble of toothless smile made him turn to a puddle of goo. Tiny hands grabbed his navy blue satin shirt, fingers not having the ability to clasp around it and whined a little, rubbing his cheeks against the chest and Soonyoung can totally feel the little sparks of bond popping at the back of his head. 

'I'm getting back, good night' 

The Venus really waited for a reply, but when heard no reply, he simply turned back and walked away, muttering how  ungrateful Soonyoung is, under his breath. 

On the other hand, Woozi fell asleep to quickly for his liking, his face pressed to the other's chest and Soonyoung felt like he had no trouble in holding the young one all night, in the same position. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jihoon sat up at the corner of the club, tucked away from the partying animals, with a glass of lime soda in his hand, sipping it with mind lost around the corner of the day - time he took to complete his Entrance exam successfully. He isn't expecting a perfect score, but his guts tell him that he would beat Namjoon, the cool boy with very high IQ. 

That wasn't his problem, at the moment. 

In fact, completing his exam was never a problem for him, except for the loss of motivation and feeling utterly useless from time to time. It was there, like a lurking shadow, but would go away whenever he closes his eyes and imagines a sunny day with light blue sky settling under his eye lids. 

It apparently didn't work every time though. 

'Hey, Hoon!' His classmates calls out for him. 'Come over here!' 

The young boy however, shook his head lightly, a small smile gracing his lips, with judging eyes cruelly scanning his half drunk friend, cheeks pink and words slurring, happiness wafting the air he breathes, yet Jihoon's there with something constricting his wind passage, unable to take a whiff of that. 

He drops the glass with a click to the table on the side, jumping out of the leather couch and walked hurriedly out of the club, bumping into few strangers who yelled at him for being reckless, but that was the last thing on his mind, feeling like a dark oblivion is chasing him to consume his self. 

The road was as empty as his life, the bass sound of the high end club slowly fading out in the gush of cool air, which made Jihoon question his choice of clothing : Blue shirt and jean shorts. 

The route to his home starts from the left lane adjacent to the signal, but he chooses the right, not feeling like wanting to go home just yet. His mother won't be waiting for him, as he had already informed her about his get together at club. He mildly expected a reprimanding stare, but his mother gently patted him on the shoulder, saying along the lines of "Be careful, don't be wasted" 

A dry chuckle leaves his mouth, as he walks over the zebra crossing, a place he knows where he can sit without anyone bothering him, but hey! It's not like anyone would reach out for him anyway. 

The very thought of isolation, despair, emptiness, questions raised on his future, made his head beat a rhythm of pulsing head ache, which made him pinch the juncture of his nose and fore head, lips caught between his teeth, as he sighed lowly, his legs hurrying to the place where he want to fall and empty his heart out. 

And by that, he means to cry staring at the messily done wall art of the park, swinging slightly back and forth on the rusty swing set, occasionally making screeching sound. 

He feels like a fool to act like this, crying over for no reason, but he legit thinks the reason is something no one could ever understand, and he doesn't want anyone to understand him either, as gaining their sympathy is the last thing he wanted in his mind. 

Just the thought of his father itself make his heart erupt out in emotion, as he twists his memory to find anything, anything, that would relate to having a wonderful memory with that man. When the answer appears negative, open sobs leave his mouth, as the nights of him tucked beside his mother who would be busy counting bills and writing accounts, with her optics hanging loosely over her nose - throwing him a gentle smile at him even when he saw the worry and what tomorrow? painted permanently on her face - came to his mind. 

The young boy wishes every thing was different, in a good way, where he didn't exist and that his mother lived a happy life with her husband, whose reason of death she had kept buried in the pits of her heart - too kind to reinforce the bad memories into him. 

He's very grateful...too grateful, in fact. But he wishes it was more than that, wanting to live a life not in the sense of perfecting out the dents and pits. He wants to hold the glory for the reason what his heart gives, not the one where his mind calculates and formulates keeping his future as the main factor. 

'Hyung?' 

Jihoon startles at the call, head whipping to the side very quickly to see a small boy, probably around the age of ten, staring up at him with curious eyes, little pout adorning his face. 

The eyes of the little one are big with innocence and the long stretch of shiny eye lashes cast a minuscule but beautiful shadows on the apple of his cheeks, which were slightly red to the coldness of the night. 

Just by the mere sight of the boy, makes the crying demon inside his head to vanish in a flash, images of spring and freshly blown cherry blossoms clouding his peaceful mind. 

'Were you crying, hyung!?' The boy gasped, as he hopped to the swing set Jihoon sat on, bringing his face too close to the young adult that he had to back off to let know the kid that he was okay. It wasn't the truth, but he very well can't explain something he doesn't know what it is. 

'No, No...' Jihoon said, rubbing his own cheeks to see if any traces of salt water left over. 'I'm just cold, that's all' 

The young kid nodded, thinking for a moment, few seconds later, eyes brightening due to a thought that his brain had managed to form. 

'Hyung, want me to swing this for you?' He asks, already going behind Jihoon to take his position. Strangely, however, the young teen couldn't find it in himself to grow annoyed over the kid. 

'That's - that's okay, I don't want to...' He weakly protested, but the swing chest began to slightly oscillate, the impatient boy behind him whining at the other's refusal. 

'Hyung! I promise you would love it!' The kid said, and before Jihoon could formulate a sentence of denial, he was forced to take off from the solid ground, toes kicking the stream of air, as a scream of surprise and thrill erupted from his parched throat. 

Mid way, he could hear the kid behind him giggle, and Jihoon felt giddy all of a sudden, wanting to end the stunt but a part of him wanted to close his eyes and travel up, as far as he could, the feel of being at the top with wind nuzzling his cheeks made his inner self find the garden of serenity, lost some where in the paths of restlessness and doubtfulness. 

 

The park doesn't feel like a park anymore, the smell of non existent daisies and greenness filling his nostrils- the cold wind didn't give him chillness, the stale air of night, feeling too fresh to be real and most of all, he feels the second rate linen shirt too soft, a creamy white cloth of long sleeves and full pants is all what he sees himself in, butterflies of indigo - blue mix hunting around for nectar, when the rope swing tied to the branch of a strong looking tree goes high in air along with him, bubbles of laughter erupting from the pit of his chest, as he calls out for some one. 

When that person doesn't respond, Jihoon tries his best to maneuver his neck around to catch a glimpse of the man rocking the swing and there he saw him

With chest nut hair falling gently on the side of his forehead, shining silky soft, and eyes that are small and curvy as the crescent of the moon, smile completely filling up his face, as the gentle rays of evening sun cast a beautiful shade of orange and red on one side , while the other part reflected by the dazed blue of the sky. 

'Soonyoung hyung!' 

 

 

Jihoon opens his eyes, startled by his own out cry of a name that he has no knowlegdge on who it could be, the evening blue sky now replaced with harsh reality of black and starless night. He feels a shiver pass down for altogether different reason, head whipping in every direction possible to see anything fertile, and finally he turns around to see the face of the man, the image of which is slowly fading from his memory, now completely wiped off, as he sets his eyes on the little boy, looking at him with concerned eyes. 

As though reading his mind, the young kid brings the rocking swing to halt and Jihoon feels giddy for a second or two, recollecting himself pretty qucikly, looking at the kid who had his head tilted slightly. 

He wants to ask too many questions, but he doesn't know what to ask and the little one though, had his eyes set like he's encouraging Jihoon to spit out the words that were on the tip of his tongue. 

'Won't your parents be searching for you, kid?' 

Jihoon asks, like a responsible adult he is, and the boy visibly deflates at that. 

'They don't even know I'm gone' The little one says, tapping his left foot lightly in a persistent beat, which brings a smile on the teen's face. 

'Go home before they find out' He tells the kid.  'you don't want to be grounded, do you?' 

The boy shakes his head, hesitantly. 

'It's Seungcheol' 

 

I know....

 

Jihoon's mind gets lost some where, and he picks up when the kid stares back at him.

'Sorry, what?' 

'My name is...' The kid - Seungcheol began to walk away, eyes never leaving Jihoon's form, even while doing so. 'Seungcheol, you can call me anytime you want' 

Before Jihoon even could ask how was he supposed to contact, Seungcheol's running away from the park, leaving the teen in a very confused state.