Duo

Summer, K.sy ❀

(This is a story about how i unexpectedly met the love of my life, i just didn't know it yet.)

Feeling as though i couldn't function in this heat, all i wanted was ice cold coffee. It was just the start of summer. Everyone is getting their beach bodies ready for vacations - except me. 

Annyeong, i am an aspiring song writer, Yoon Min Jae. I draw web toons sometimes, too. I have been busy preparing for my interview next week, i didn't even realise what horrible state i'm in, and how much my house looks like a pig sty. Thank god i'm not living with my parents, else i'm going to get an ear full from my mother. I've not left my house in about... 3 days? I am getting really pissed because i am kind of suffering from a writer's block, and this heat isn't helping at all. Having decided to finally get out of the house, i went to take a much needed nice cold shower. I brushed my hair up into a tiny bun, put on a white tee shirt and denim shorts. Some light make-up and i am good to head out. Figured i'll clean up my place after i get back. 

The thing about my crib's location is that there is nothing nearby. Just a good old convenience store. I had to take a bus down to town if i ever need anything else. My bus came after a few minutes. Earphone's on - "Congratulations" by Day6. I've always loved bus rides, it was one of my ways of getting inspirations. It was oddly empty, but i was totally cool with it. Then, a boy with jet black hair and really small eyes got up. He seem to be struggling with someone at the front of the bus, and it happens to be that he didn't have enough loose change to pay the fare. I walked towards him and dropped in some change that i have left. He mouthed "thank you" and i smiled as i walked back to my seat. He took the seat all the way at the back. Throughout the ride i could feel a pair of eyes on me, still, it didn't bother me that much. It was my stop, and it was his too. 

For a moment i thought he was following me, so i made a big round to get to the cafe i was heading - he was no longer behind. Maybe i was too paranoid. What shook me was when i entered the cafe. That same boy just now was now at the counter, in his work uniform. So he wasn't "following" me, we were just heading to the same destination. *I mentally slapped myself*

"A cup of iced americano please." He looked up and recognised me straight. "Oh it's you." he flashed a smile. "Take a seat, i'll pay for your drink, thank you for helping me out just now. They take cards here. Haha." i said that he shouldn't because the bus fare wasn't expensive but he insisted. I thanked him with a light bow, then made my way to the window seat. 

"Here you go, an ice cold americano for a really warm day. By the way, I'm Soon Young, Kwon Soon Young." he introduced himself and reached out for a handshake. "I'm Min Jae, Yoo Min Jae. Nice to meet you." i shook his hand and the both of us smiled.

This is the beginning of a bittersweet romance. Hello, stranger.

 

- end of chapter -